Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone see the oscars?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I run out of fvck to give toward big mainstream events.

Its obvious and undeniable that oscars, pulizers and nobels are only given due to political reason rather than merits.

Even the eurovision contest is a race to the most sick individuals, in 2012 they basically made a gay guy dressed as a woman while showing a thick beard to win.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Oscars are dumb. Even if you put aside all the SJW infusion, it's still a bad representation of the supposed "best" movies. There are plenty of good films out there but the ones that win Oscars are usually mediocre. It's just a big sporting event where Meryl Streep is essentially Tom Brady (though I admit, she's good at her craft).

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Oscars are dumb. Even if you put aside all the SJW infusion
I had forgotten about the Oscars, I just now had to look up who won. If you look at the list of winners, it does seem like most of the winners have some connection to race or sexual orientation.

This isn't the Oscars, but I've thought for years that the reason Modern Family won so many Emmys for best comedy was because they had a gay couple on the show.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had forgotten about the Oscars, I just now had to look up who won. If you look at the list of winners, it does seem like most of the winners have some connection to race or sexual orientation.

This isn't the Oscars, but I've thought for years that the reason Modern Family won so many Emmys for best comedy was because they had a gay couple on the show.
I didn't watch but I read a little about the Oscars the next day. Not only was there a heavy racial component, but the Best Picture winner ("Little Green Book") wasn't daring enough in its handling of racial matters as its competitors, according to some whiners and moaners. I guess because it was another white savior story (haven't seen it). I can understand people being fed up with that, it's been done to death, but nobody really talks about whether or why one movie should be "best." It's always, is this advancing the talking points we want. Maybe it really is a great movie and people just don't like the theme. Who knows.

And I agree with you on Modern Family. I think it's a sorta funny show when I've caught it, but it plays up the gayness, and one of the gay dudes is otherwise kind of a hick, so he's got middle America street cred. I thought that was a very clever way to create the character and get people to watch.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And I agree with you on Modern Family. I think it's a sorta funny show when I've caught it, but it plays up the gayness, and one of the gay dudes is otherwise kind of a hick, so he's got middle America street cred. I thought that was a very clever way to create the character and get people to watch.
I've tried to watch Modern Family a few times, but I could never get into it. I noticed that it won the Emmy a lot over my favorite sitcoms of the time, Big Bang Theory and The Middle. I'm not saying it's a bad show, but I decided Hollywood was rewarding it for putting forward the gay agenda. It's no different than the Oscars in that regard. These award shows love to have some sort of "message" in their winners.