Anyone have this problem with codecs before?

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started downloading a certain video lecture by a certain PUA, and the first epsidoe started and all I got was like 2 seconds of audio (like a pop sound), and WMP said the file was 14 hours long and the visualization faded away and the rest of the file was silent.

Anyone have this problem befor?

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What format is the video in? .avi? Since there are so many different codecs for .avi, find out which one the video is encoded in and download the codec. That should fix the problem.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you playing it in the divx player? That's the best way to play things that aren't working very well in WMV

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They do the same thing for mp3's... the company producing it makes tons of duplicate files that are all corrupt, which is why it shows as being 14 hours long. Basically, they flood a network with the bogus files which people then download and share, which give more people the crap files... just like the mp3's which have static in the middle of the song. Not like I'd know about those since I don't download music illegally, but from things I've heard...