Anyone been to Miami, San Diego or L.A. ?

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm from Europe and I've never been to any of these cities, however these 3 cities have sparked my interest the most and I wanna go to the U.S. some time soon...I mean NY, Seattle and so on might be cool, too, but I just love sunny weather and the beach!:cool:

So...Maybe some of you have been to some of these cities before and can tell me how they liked them and whether they liked one of them better...?

Besides I was wondering how public transport wsa in these cities. I've heard in San Diego and Miami it was fairly good...just like in L.A. if you're just looking to travel between Santa Monica, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Downtown, etc. (but then again I've even heard the complete opposite so I dont really know).

thank you guys..

boost

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NOT on the grassy knoll or book depository window
I had a great time in Miami last year. Very cool town. I'd just recommend staying out of the downtown urban area, and you are good to go. Can't comment on public transportation.

cinephile

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I love all three cities. Miami is probably the most fun and the cheapest to live in, but has the worst crime. Also the weather sucks (rains a lot). It also helps to know spanish. L A and San Diego are great also with great weather and a it seems like a million diferent things to do. But both are expensive and there is a Big Attitude problem with a lot of people in LA.

As far as public transportation goes, just get a car if you are going to live in any of these three cities. Public transportation is only decent if you live in the northeast.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thx guys. I'm not gonna move there, I'll just spend some time in the U.S. Anyways, I think I'm going to San Diego and L.A. as both are pretty close to each other. The thing is, I'd have to get a us driver's license which probably isnt worth doing if Im only gonna stay there for a month or two.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
never been to miami, but l.a. has a ton to see (i actually didn't like san diego as much...it's still a developing city and it seems to be mostly full of high-rise apartment buildings, not as much to do). i spent the last 6 months in southern cali, and i went sight-seeing a lot.

and not just l.a., but southern california in general. you mentioned santa monica...there's a place called 3rd street promenade, it's a very nice street to walk through with street performers, etc. there's also a nice carnival/fair on the pier next to the beach there. you may also want to rent rollerblades to skate along the beach.

in hollywood you probably already know what to go see. the kodak theatre is a good sight there.

yeah, there's also beverly hills, bel air, disney land, and catalina island to visit (though on catalina, i would not recommend a bus tour of the island...instead it's just better to walk around...the tours are not that great and a waste of time)

other cool places are rodeo drive and newport/huntington/laguna beaches. each have very nice towns to take strolls, million-dollar homes to drool at, occasional ferraris driving by, nice restaurants to eat at, and not to mention the awesome beaches themselves.

pm if you wanna know specific places to eat at any of the places i've mentioned. for example, on the 3rd street i mentioned, the wolfgang puck eatery is really good, and it has a nice view over the guitar players on the street.

for public transportation in l.a. there is a metro system, but not really like that in ny. it's best to just take the bus. of course, do be careful of some of the crazy people you may run into on the public buses. i have heard some stories - though i don't like to generalize, cinephile is right about the people of l.a.

hope you have a nice trip.

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
I have never been to Miami before, but i have heard of the rain and occasional hurricanes there before.

i live smack dab in the middle of san diego and LA. LA sucks. The traffic is ridiculous. The people are snobs. San diego, is awesome. traffic is still bad but the weather is always awesome, Mexico is close to go vacation or party in, the beaches are awesome and great surfing so i would vote for SD/

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay okay Im going to San Diego!:D seems like the best choice I could possibly make and L.A. isn't really far either.

djntraining25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great choice on San Diego. If you get the chance hed up to Seattle for a few days and also to Las Vegas if your 21

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I definetly will (go to Las Vegas). Actually I'll turn 22 pretty soon...the age in my profile just wont change...but thats aight with me cause I wanna be FOOOOREEEEEEVER YOUNNNNG :D Maybe that would help this other 21 year old dude who posted on here recently with his issues...lol