"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

An opportunity shot down; I blame the weather!

sw20racer

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Midwest
In one of my college classes, I have been talking to this girl for some time now... and I've been waiting for an opportunity to ask her out yet and not make it the same as what every other interested guy on campus has tried. I'm not the type of person that will ask a for a girl's number within a few minutes of talking to her... especially if we have classes together and will be seeing each other for months.

So in one of the classes we have, we have to go around the city and photograph several locations to use in a 'homepage like' Flash exercise. I asked her in class where she was going to photograph her "location" and she told me(some old district area in the downtown section of the city.) I was thinking, 'ok, now how can I turn this into something that I can enjoy and get her number, too.'

After class, I walked her out to her car and brought up her "location" again and said that I would be interested in going with her and letting her show me some of the places down there. Immediately, she answers, "Sure, Saturday sounds good. We can go then... you got a pen?"

I gave her a pen and she wrote down her number for me(I never asked for it or mentioned it at all)and she hands me her number. Then she says, "Probably gonna go with some friends and we're going to go eat out afterwards... you should come along." Once she said the F word, I was thinkin, 'damn... friends... now guy friends or girl friends? how many?'... then the girl says, "Hey, give me your number, too." I did.

So come Saturday and it is a dark and wet Saturday at that. Not looking too good. I call her up a little afternoon to see what was up. She picks up and says that she doesn't plan on going down there because of the weather. She also said she forgot it was her Dad's birthday! She then said we could go down there next weekend if I wanted to.

Maybe it rained for a reason... maybe next weekend it can be just me and her(and not her friends). Whatever reason, I got her number... and from what I can tell, she doesn't give hers up, she just collects them(and we know girls that do that, don't we?) This girl is very attractive and I'm sure she gets her share of guys asking(second week of school, some guy came up to her and spoke softly, then she answers him, "oh, I meant to call you but I forgot," and he walked away like a dog with its tail between its legs....

so, I just wanted to be a little different. Hopefully where many have failed, I will not.

:D
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
If you wanted to be different than most guys why did you do what most guys do who are too afraid to show the girl romantic interest from the get-go! You are trying to sneak your way in and she probably knows this because you are the umpteenth guy who did this. Women like agressive confident men!

Now if you ask her for a romantic date 3 weeks from now, it's going to look like you were scared to just straight-up and ask her 3 weeks ago when you slid your way in...nice job by the way it worked, but this may have put you in the class-mate buddy zone.

Instead of showing your romantic interest after a week or so, now your task will be spread over weeks of waiting for the right opportunity to ask her out. I prefer to put as little time as possible in pursuit, because all this 'buttering' up may just be a waste of your time. You wouildn't have gone through this much trouble for a hb6-7 - you let her looks intimidate you and you sold yourself short.

If she likes you she'll give her number in a week or 4 weeks from now - it doesn't matter to her...the time span only puts a strain on your mindset wonderng if she "likes me" and you must put forth much more effort and looks like you are trying to appease her!!! AFC'ish!!!! :)

Don't fret, the deed has been done already (at least she offered to give you her number)- ask her out for some drinks!
 

increment

New Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
41
ye

It seems like shes really into you as she even gave an alternative time when she said she couldnt go, which means she aint tryin to get rid of you. A good idea for a date would be to go play some sport.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
BTW, congrats on your first post - newbie!

Also the weather may have been a blessing in disguise - now you can suggest to go alone with her and to lunch for a wrap up.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
I know what influenced your decision to go about it this way...you saw the chump get shot down like a duck in a 10 foot pond that was only 6 inches deep!!!! And you did not want yo repeat his fate, out of fear!!
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

legolas

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 2, 2003
Messages
951
Reaction score
14
Location
Red Sox Nation
Originally posted by sw20racer
I gave her a pen and she wrote down her number for me(I never asked for it or mentioned it at all)and she hands me her number. Then she says, "Probably gonna go with some friends and we're going to go eat out afterwards... you should come along."
Right there should have been a flag for you. Not to stop you or anything, but only to show you that she is thinking "friends" and you are thinking "relationship" First it's her giving out her number without asking, second it's the phrase "come along" If it's guys and girls, she's just looking to have some fun. You're about to be tested on your social skills buddy!!

Remember that girls almost never think "realtionship" right away. They think "friends" first, and then they want to evaluate you and how nice you are to her friends and how well you get along

I've been there before buddy, and I know what it's like. You should go out with her friends and get to know them all, have some fun while at it, and don't even think "date" This way you can see if there are any other interesting girls in the group that you can hook up with.

I would even advise you to treat her as a friend and ask her, after going out, maybe a few times, and enjoying it, if any of her friends is "available" She may just offer herself :D I've missed out on a lot of good friendships in college precisely because I was stuck in "getting the girl" mode.
 

sw20racer

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Midwest
So, do you think I should bring it up(about going at it again this weekend)or should I wait for her to bring it up, if at all? What if she insists on bringing friends? Should I bring a couple buddies of mine, too? I would feel awkward going to meet a group of people I don't know... I would be more comfortable if I had a couple friends of mine along. Of course, it would just be a group of people hanging out together... but it'd still be nice to hang out and talk with her outside of school.

As long as I got her number(and it's the right one at that), I'm one step closer.

This girl is definitely a 9-10... she's stunning in everyway and we got a lot in common. She's the kind of girl that walks into a room and turns every guys' heads.
 

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 28, 2001
Messages
3,643
Reaction score
8
Location
Orange County, Ca
I don't see any signs of romantic interest. The same thing could've happened if she was a guy friend from class. Actually her mentioning that friends would come along suggests that she only sees you as a friend. You're putting too much emphesis that she gave you her phone number. It's nothing more than a way to get in contact for this school project. She could be interested in you, I'm not ruling that out, but I don't see any signs.

But either way you need to take this girl off her pedistal in your mind. 9/10s aren't special. Her sh1t stinks just as much as yours or mine.

What I would do is ask her out to lunch after class and get more personal with the conversation.
 

legolas

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 2, 2003
Messages
951
Reaction score
14
Location
Red Sox Nation
Originally posted by sw20racer
So, do you think I should bring it up(about going at it again this weekend)or should I wait for her to bring it up, if at all? What if she insists on bringing friends? Should I bring a couple buddies of mine, too? I would feel awkward going to meet a group of people I don't know... I would be more comfortable if I had a couple friends of mine along. Of course, it would just be a group of people hanging out together... but it'd still be nice to hang out and talk with her outside of school.

As long as I got her number(and it's the right one at that), I'm one step closer.

This girl is definitely a 9-10... she's stunning in everyway and we got a lot in common. She's the kind of girl that walks into a room and turns every guys' heads.
I agree with Shiftkey, get her off the pedestal you've just put her on!!

Do call her and ask her for this weekend!
Do ask if you can invite some of your buddies along, and do invite them if she agrees!

Yes it would be fun watching your buddies drool over her :D All you do is sit back and put your hands behind your head while they work her up for you!! I'm not going to tell you how it works, but if you're smart enough you'll figure it out. But it's important that you sit back and talk to her friends and don't drool over her :p
 

sw20racer

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Midwest
Ok, so I just had class with this girl and totolly ignored her... first time ever!

I didn't even say hi or look her way...

but she did come up to me at the end of class to talk. Nothing really important to say or indications of interest at all though...

I will probably still call her about getting together but I have knocked her off the pedestal I put her on.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top