Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

" An old man's drink"

uglyduck

Reaction score
I had a weird experience the other day.

I was having a drink with this really hot chick. She ordered a ****tail and I ordered a G&T - she commented that a G&T was an old man's drink - she was 30 & I am 42 - This is really bugging me - I need peace of mind - I like G&T- - what do you think - what is a man's drink?

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Relax. Plenty of people drink gin and tonic. What she is communicating to you is that she thinks you're too old for her. You probably started drinking gin and tonic because the bars didn't have all the crazy flavors of Vanilla Vodka, and rasberry rum. If you like the drink, that's fine. You started drinking when the craziest thing you could have ordered would have been a Mai-Tai or a Tom Collins. (all those fruity drinks)

On the movies, growing up, a guy drank beer, a dry martini or whiskey or scotch. And why should you change now?

Don't sweat the "old man" drink remark. You like it; that's all that matters. There are plenty of 30 year olds that could care less what you drink.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No offense but.....this is a silly question.

This shyt shouldn't be bothering you at your age.

Drink whatever the hell you want. She's just teasing you man.

You should've said, "Old man drink! I've always been told that Gin and Tonic was "Panty remover". Excuse me waitress, cancel that ****tail. Make that 2 G+T's." :)

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drink what you want to drink without apology.

i like Jack Daniels OTR. sometimes the inner wuzz comes out, and i say to myself, "will this chick think i'm a drunk if i order this particular drink". then i stomp on that inner wuzz and remind myself that it's all in the execution. i order the JD rocks confidently and without apology because that's what i like. (not all the time, but sometimes).

i also do this with the james bond martini. this is sooooo passe and sooooo AFC and sooooo wannabe, saying "james bond martini please" in front of a chick. again, it's in the execution.

Earnest Hemmingway was notorious for this. he would say something like, "i'll have three jiggers of xxxx and one beer", when hanging out. knew exactly what he wanted and didn't give a shyt.

(uh...he ended up blowing his brains out, but that's another story).

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man , don't be intimidated by the grrl.

Reaction score
1. Change your screen name. It speaks of low self esteem, such as why your wondering about the g & t thing.

2. Don't sweat it. I think Big Pappy spoke some truth there.

3. Plus for you gin and tonic is much lower in calories if your using the diet tonic water so fawk her.

uniassign

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was having a drink with this really hot chick. She ordered a ****tail and I ordered a G&T - she commented that a G&T was an old man's drink - she was 30 & I am 42 - This is really bugging me - I need peace of mind - I like G&T- - what do you think - what is a man's drink?

Who cares? Drink what you want to drink.

Why are you letting this slight remark worry you? IMO that's the start of a bantering session. She wanted to flirt with you, not put you down.

If she was coming off as being insulting, then you should REFRAME the situation so that it is her fault.

eg:

her: that's an old man's drink
you: you are missing the point. G&T is made for people with maturity and refinement. Too bad you are too immature to really appreciate it.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually it's the reverse.

G&T is making a comback among the drinking community - in LA anyways.

I've noticed that more people are drinking it now-a-days.

ToP DoN

Banned
Reaction score
hennessey/remy

gin and tonic...ive ordered that before with tom collins...or vodka collins with im done with the night and want to sober up slowly...

who the **** cares what she thinks...tell her to fvck off:cool:

Reaction score
A lot of effeminate men today are ordering fruity drinks with pvssy names that don't tell you what you are drinking. When you order a 'Gin and tonic' you know exactly what you are getting!!

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of effeminate men today are ordering fruity drinks with pvssy names that don't tell you what you are drinking. When you order a 'Gin and tonic' you know exactly what you are getting!!
right on PRL. this isn't as trivial of a topic as one might think, imo.

one CAN tell something about a person by what they drink and how they drink it. from my experience, all else equal, i'll take the chick that sips Newcastle over the chick that pounds Coors.

most chicks, of any age, don't know what a single malt scotch is, but it sounds "classy" and "manly" and something that is an "acquired taste". sip it slowly, with genuine style and enjoyment and they will be thinking exactly, even though they don't know what the helll it is :)

i mean, they've seen James Bond (Sean Connery) do this sort of thing?

the vino is where i get hung up. i'll bust out the very good stuff, but only with chicks that i KNOW will/can appreciate it, or wish to appreciate it. unfortunately they are very few and far between, even at my age.

FVCK! about five years ago, i bought a case of Opus One (97) for dirt cheap. 97 was one of the best years in recent history. now that shyt is worth over $250 a bottle. it's ready to go and i can't find any bytches who can appreciate it! except my sister, who put her ski-mask on and ripped off a bottle. TRAMP!

just had to vent that in public.

playasupreme

Banned
Reaction score
Gin and tonic is definitely a man's drink. You might try getting familiar with various call brands so as to personalize the drink. A good call brand preference distracts from the generic quality of the drink(trust me I know I like vodka-sodas)and adds a personal touch, some sophistication, and style. Get familiar with several of the nicer call brands-- I reccommend "Bombay Sapphire", "Tangueray 10", and "Beefeater". The "Sapphire" and "10" are the upscale versions of their respective brands, both of which will do as a substitute. It is important to try several call brands because not all bars have all brands, and it's good to have an alternate. Ask the bartender what brands are on his top shelf and pick one, this also mixes it up if you really don't have a preference. Another detail is to make a point of ordering a lime with the drink-- or two just to stand out a little bit more. Tonic drinks are traditionally served with a lime, but in todays world we've lost a lot of the old-world class and many bartenders overlook garnishing your drink. Make a point of it-- it's important that your drink taste exactly the way YOU like it, it's YOUR drink. When you order a "Tangueray 10 and tonic with two limes" it sounds a bit cooler than "gin and tonic please".

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShortTimer
Really? Well, oh wise one I drink Guinness and scotch (Glenlivet or MaCallan, I like both). So what does that say about me?
that u have class and/or know what a good drink is :)