Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

all you computer suave

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a problem menaging my icons. i have a drafting program that i instaled that changed all my icons with cirtan extensions (dfx, dwg, igs, stp...) to it's own icon. I had icons made up for all these extensions and this is bugging me. i tryed removing all the comands under "EDIT FILE TYPE" (folder options/file types/ advanced.) but that didn't work everytime I restart my computer it changes it back........... it's quiet anoying to say the least.

If anybody can help me here without trying to be a smartazz, would be very appreciated.

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, yeah.

I don't know how to change it manually... so I would just get a program to do it.

Microangelo works well. As well as "ThemeXP" or "StyleXP". They can both change your icons for different filetypes easily.

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, if you download it of some shady site, then if might have spyware. Just google for the official site and get it there.

ANd I think it's shareware, or trialware. :)

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ya it looks awsom it took one of the "themes" for my home computer (boss would freak if I put it on this one). I made my own icons in paint (i know i'm a butcher:D ) and they work fine, it's just every time i shut the computer off they revert back to this one program...

thanx for your help tho, that's some neat stuff.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back up anything important before you go balls-out with anything like ThemeXP: it messes enough with your computer's internal goings-on that it eventually makes reformatting and reinstalling your OS a necessity.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Von Neuen
Back up anything important before you go balls-out with anything like ThemeXP: it messes enough with your computer's internal goings-on that it eventually makes reformatting and reinstalling your OS a necessity.
thanx for telling me that:D

anybody else know how to fix this???:confused: