Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Add +1 to your SMV with these simple two steps

Gstring

Banned
Reaction score
I am amazed at how many guys get these simple two things wrong. You do them wrong and at best you get +0 to your SMV nothing changes, but if you screw things up you get -1 to your SMV and it's even worst. It takes effort to go from 6 to 7 - and you might be unwilling to take this effort, simply because you don't know what is +1 to your SMV - it is not just a number.

Do these things right and immediately the same day you will notice more passive attention to yourself from both men and women, do them wrong, and the opposite will happen.

1_ Go ahead find a professional barber shop, they are also called boutique barber shops. Use internet to find reviews and instagram photos, pick the best one that is not just hype, but actual high value males go there (look at instagram). Go there and let them cut your hair - when asked what you like, you go ahead and tell them to pick a haircut for you based on your face. Truly professional barber will ask no more and will do what you told him. You are going to spend 1+ hours in that chair. You will come out of the barber shop and you will instantly notice people, especially women, are looking differently at you. Then some days later you will notice men too are looking differently at you. Then give it some more days and you will notice you are hotter now and people treat you differently.

Now you know the answer to _WHY_ women spend so much time at the beauty salon! Guess what, now you too will be going to professional barber shop about twice a month and getting a professional haircut. You will also find out hair gel they using and buy the same one, and also the shampoo they using, and buy the same one. Do not cut costs! Do not take pictures of yourself and then go to a regular barber and ask him to replicate____________this does not work. At best it will give you 0 to your SMV, at worst -1 to your SMV. You get -1 to your SMV whenever a woman or someone who doesn't know what they doing cut your hair. Professional barber shops get paid to spend 1+ hour on you, it's all about motivation, you pay them money, they make you good looking, you come back and spend more money.

Next time, don't go to the same barber shop. You are experimenting. Find another good one where high value males go (look at instagram). Same thing, ask them to cut you based on your face, let them do their thing. _______FIND your style the hard way!

2_ This one is a tough one, not because it's hard to do, because most people are not ready to realize there is problem with them. It is your hygiene. Good hygiene is +1 to your SMV, average is +0 SMV and bad hygiene is -1 to your SMV.

Hygiene is not what you think it is -- hygiene is a HABIT. If you don't do hygiene as habit, there is no point in doing it -- if you're a 6, you were never meant to be a 7.

Firstly, brush your teeth. Bacteria in your mouth multiply and cause odors, and odors repel people. You can never get intimate with bad breath. Just brushing before date will not cut it for you, because just a single brushing will not kill bacteria - you might as well use air fresher on your mouth. Brushing only has effect if done as a constant habit. You must brush in the morning and in the evening, and if you can manage, after each meal. You must also use mouth wash in the morning and in the evening, and as a MUST, after every meal. There is no way around this, remember the bacteria. Use tictac mints every hour throughout the day.

Second, you must take shower in the morning and in the evening. Use professional grade (from barber shop) shampoo and body wash. You can usually order larger bottles and it last you longer. Take a good focus on your generals and butt, wash everything several times.

Third, you must quit using toilet paper. While at home you can go to shower. While at work you can use wet toilet paper and soap. Google this. Because you might not realize it, but it does affect your overall scent. Think about it this way, by using toiler paper you wiping your butt with your underwear and then walking all day long with ****y underwear.

Fourth, when you take a piss wash your ***k. Use soap and water, or use wet napkins. Piss on your underwear and pants negatively affects your scent. Think of it this way, you peed on your underwear and pants and you are walking like that all day long, or worst, you wear those pants the next day.

Fifth, _REALIZE_ your clothes catch smells. You sit down you sweat, your underwear and pants sweat. You take and ***t and piss your underwear and pants smell. You sweat, your shirt smells. You walk around your insoles smell.
_
__you must change your clothes regularly. Underwear and undershirt must be changed daily. Shirt must be changed daily (not only because it smells, because you want different style every day). Pants must be changed at least twice a week. Insoles must be changed at least twice a week. Socks must be changed daily.

This my friend has to be done as a habit, both haircuts and hygiene. When you look and smell good, you notice how people treat you differently, and it should motivate you to improve more. Let these simple two steps add +1 to your SMV and kick start this process of self improvement.

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
These are great tips, for sure. I'd like to complement a bit more based on my experience.

About the looks

For the balding gentlemen like me, another good option is shaving your hair and taking care of your beard (so yes, you will keep on going to the awesome barber shops, but to get a good beard care).

About the hygiene

Remember to pass perfume in the areas of more intense blood flowing. It means your neck (especially the sides) and your wrists. Pass the perfume after putting your clothes on.

Also, remember to "dry yourself up" after getting out of the shower. I personally like to shower, then go brush me teeth while still naked. Why? Because it gives my body enough time to dry up naturally. The towel can't dry you perfectly, and when you put on deodorant and clothes right after shower the chances of fungus and bacterias making a party in the wet parts of your body (your armpits, balls, ass, etc) are HUGE. Fungus and bacterias means bad smell, itching, and lots of other things you most definitely don't want for yourself.

It's awesome if you can brush your teeth after every meal, but for most people with tight working schedules that just not possible. I'd recommend you to always keep some mint gums to keep your mouth fresh, and when you can brush your teeth, make sure to give a good attention to your tongue. That white thing over it is your enemy, your mission is to kill it. You can't do it with your usual 2 minutes of mouth hygien, so be ready for it. You'll notice that once you can turn your tongue red your mouth will feel fresher and clean for the rest of the day, even after you eat something.

If you're outside and can't brush your teeth, avoid coffee, cigarettes and any food with a strong smell and taste. These will stick in your mouth, and there's no clean mouth that can save you from them.

About the clothes

Remember to change your clothes regularly, especially if it's cotton.

You probably have a dirty cloth bag somewhere in your house, and you gotta make sure to not just dump your clothes there and then wash them all once a week, leaving a big pile where the sweat and odor just gets stronger.

After a hard day, take your clothes off and LET THEM DRY. Put them open in a place where they won't mix with other clothes, leave it for some hours or a day, then throw them in the dirty cloth bag. I honestly recommend you to not take longer than 2 days to wash your clothes, but that's up to you.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great tips OP.

Don’t forget to floss and utilize a tongue scraper. The majority of bad breath bacteria comes from food particles in those areas.

Another oral tip I got from my dentist.. Sugary food causes cavities and bad breath. To counterbalance, only eat or drink sweets with a meal or munch on something like nuts right after. The saliva produced by non- sugary foods will counterbalance the pH produced by a sugary environment in your mouth.

Last edited:

Iso

Reaction score
Just got approved and this is my first post on this forum. Hoorah!
Great thread.. It has been mentioned already that bacteria feed off of sugar.. so make sure the mints ya'll are getting are sugar-free or else you will be shooting yourself in the foot.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't agree with some of this, as it seems very unnecessary and tryhard. The most important things are skin care and oral hygiene imo.

You don't need to wash your hair and body 2x a day... you really only need to lightly wash your ass and crotch daily unless you are sweating and working outside all day every day. If you are overly clean you'll wipe out your pheromones and natural body odor which seems to be important.

And unless you're really rich I don't see how spending $200 a month on haircuts is worth it. I'm also not convinced a $100 is better than a $20 haircut. Just go to a good barbershop and get a $25 haircut once every month or two, you can get fantastic haircuts for that price.

I do agree that wiping your ass with toilet paper is not sufficient, so just sync ****s with showers and problem solved.

Last edited:

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't agree with some of this, as it seems very unnecessary and tryhard. The most important things are skin care and oral hygiene imo.

You don't need to wash your hair and body 2x a day... you really only need to lightly wash your ass and crotch daily unless you are sweating and working outside all day every day. If you are overly clean you'll wipe out your pheromones and natural body odor which seems to be important.

And unless you're really rich I don't see how spending $200 a month on haircuts is worth it. I'm also not convinced a $100 is better than a $20 haircut. Just go to a good barbershop and get a $25 haircut once every month or two, you can get fantastic haircuts for that price.

I do agree that wiping your ass with toilet paper is not sufficient, so just sync ****s with showers and problem solved.
unless you have a really bad natural odor, for example . some peoples natural odor stinks, some natural odors smell very good.
my girl loves my scent she says it smells very ''manly''..
many times she will ask if i put on cologne which i havent.
but this one girl , i kid you not ..her natural odor smelled just like A DOG, not saying this to be mean she literally smelled of dogg

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unless you have a really bad natural odor, for example . some peoples natural odor stinks, some natural odors smell very good.
my girl loves my scent she says it smells very ''manly''..
many times she will ask if i put on cologne which i havent.
but this one girl , i kid you not ..her natural odor smelled just like A DOG, not saying this to be mean she literally smelled of dogg
Some women might like it some won't, but it's probably better to appeal to the ones that do like it even if it hurts your chances with others.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The spirit of this advice is spot-on -- I feel the actual instructions are quite excessive and some of them are not backed with any facts or science.

A salon-grade haircut where I live is $40, plus tip it's closer to $50. Fine every now and then, or right before a date or a special event. Not routinely. There's a decent stylist at my local Supercuts I make appointments with (there are a lot of bad ones too, you roll the dice there) and I've learned to tighten up the sides and back myself, which makes a haircut last 6 weeks or more, depending on the season (I wear my hair a little longer in winter). I don't need a perfect fade that's gone in about 4-5 days. Remember-- frugality is the path to wealth.

Showering twice per day is strongly discouraged by dermatologists, as it's quite bad for your skin. Showering once in the morning is fine if you work out in the morning. You're not supposed to lather your whole body -- feet, armpits, crotch, face. Your skin has a moisture mantle, washing your entire body strips your skin of that mantle, upsets the pH balance, and leads to irritation. To compensate, your skin will over-produce sebum which leads to breakouts. Don't do it, unless you're washing actual filth off.

Your body's natural scent gives off pheromones, which attracts women. There are studies that show women actually like the smell of stinky armpits, because it's pumping out pheromones. I've had numerous women say they love the way I smell when cuddling with me in the morning. Don't smell like BO, but a slight funk underneath the deodorant at the end the day is actually sexy.

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some women might like it some won't, but it's probably better to appeal to the ones that do like it even if it hurts your chances with others.
me personally i have a routine , i wake up wash my face , brush my teeth every day and shower every 1-2 days , i never go longer than 2 , i find that my shoe starts to stink if i do , so i agree with changing socks daily.
also i never let my girl go down on me without having showered first , any time i take a number 2 its a definite shower before she goes down.

Gstring

Banned
Reaction score
Are you guys really opened a thread discussing basic hygiene? Can't be real.
Look at the mother f'rs here, one is showering every 2 days, otherwise his shoes begin to stink. The other thinks getting cheap sper cuts helps him keep haircut for 6 weeks. They just scream low SMV, none make enough money to cut hair every two to three weeks and afford soap and shampoo to shower twice a day.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I am amazed at how many guys get these simple two things wrong. You do them wrong and at best you get +0 to your SMV nothing changes, but if you screw things up you get -1 to your SMV and it's even worst. It takes effort to go from 6 to 7 - and you might be unwilling to take this effort, simply because you don't know what is +1 to your SMV - it is not just a number.

Do these things right and immediately the same day you will notice more passive attention to yourself from both men and women, do them wrong, and the opposite will happen.

1_ Go ahead find a professional barber shop, they are also called boutique barber shops. Use internet to find reviews and instagram photos, pick the best one that is not just hype, but actual high value males go there (look at instagram). Go there and let them cut your hair - when asked what you like, you go ahead and tell them to pick a haircut for you based on your face. Truly professional barber will ask no more and will do what you told him. You are going to spend 1+ hours in that chair. You will come out of the barber shop and you will instantly notice people, especially women, are looking differently at you. Then some days later you will notice men too are looking differently at you. Then give it some more days and you will notice you are hotter now and people treat you differently.

Now you know the answer to _WHY_ women spend so much time at the beauty salon! Guess what, now you too will be going to professional barber shop about twice a month and getting a professional haircut. You will also find out hair gel they using and buy the same one, and also the shampoo they using, and buy the same one. Do not cut costs! Do not take pictures of yourself and then go to a regular barber and ask him to replicate____________this does not work. At best it will give you 0 to your SMV, at worst -1 to your SMV. You get -1 to your SMV whenever a woman or someone who doesn't know what they doing cut your hair. Professional barber shops get paid to spend 1+ hour on you, it's all about motivation, you pay them money, they make you good looking, you come back and spend more money.

Next time, don't go to the same barber shop. You are experimenting. Find another good one where high value males go (look at instagram). Same thing, ask them to cut you based on your face, let them do their thing. _______FIND your style the hard way!

2_ This one is a tough one, not because it's hard to do, because most people are not ready to realize there is problem with them. It is your hygiene. Good hygiene is +1 to your SMV, average is +0 SMV and bad hygiene is -1 to your SMV.

Hygiene is not what you think it is -- hygiene is a HABIT. If you don't do hygiene as habit, there is no point in doing it -- if you're a 6, you were never meant to be a 7.

Firstly, brush your teeth. Bacteria in your mouth multiply and cause odors, and odors repel people. You can never get intimate with bad breath. Just brushing before date will not cut it for you, because just a single brushing will not kill bacteria - you might as well use air fresher on your mouth. Brushing only has effect if done as a constant habit. You must brush in the morning and in the evening, and if you can manage, after each meal. You must also use mouth wash in the morning and in the evening, and as a MUST, after every meal. There is no way around this, remember the bacteria. Use tictac mints every hour throughout the day.

Second, you must take shower in the morning and in the evening. Use professional grade (from barber shop) shampoo and body wash. You can usually order larger bottles and it last you longer. Take a good focus on your generals and butt, wash everything several times.

Third, you must quit using toilet paper. While at home you can go to shower. While at work you can use wet toilet paper and soap. Google this. Because you might not realize it, but it does affect your overall scent. Think about it this way, by using toiler paper you wiping your butt with your underwear and then walking all day long with ****y underwear.

Fourth, when you take a piss wash your ***k. Use soap and water, or use wet napkins. Piss on your underwear and pants negatively affects your scent. Think of it this way, you peed on your underwear and pants and you are walking like that all day long, or worst, you wear those pants the next day.

Fifth, _REALIZE_ your clothes catch smells. You sit down you sweat, your underwear and pants sweat. You take and ***t and piss your underwear and pants smell. You sweat, your shirt smells. You walk around your insoles smell.
_
__you must change your clothes regularly. Underwear and undershirt must be changed daily. Shirt must be changed daily (not only because it smells, because you want different style every day). Pants must be changed at least twice a week. Insoles must be changed at least twice a week. Socks must be changed daily.

This my friend has to be done as a habit, both haircuts and hygiene. When you look and smell good, you notice how people treat you differently, and it should motivate you to improve more. Let these simple two steps add +1 to your SMV and kick start this process of self improvement.
You take a shower after you take a dump? Seriously? Why not just install a bidet or wet toilet paper and soap? I think you're pushing it with the urination too. If you get all of the excess urine left in the urethra out, there should be no further dribble. One does this by grabbing, gently, the bottom of their sack and push forward with some toilet tissue covering the opening. Takes 3 or 4 seconds. No need for soap or water. Actually, you can develop a rash or irritation on your penis if one does this; which really is painful and takes a long time to heal. So, medically speaking, bad idea. 1, 2, and 5 are fine though.