Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

acne meds

potatostacks

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently went to my dermatoligist, he siad the meds I were one weren't working well enough, so he put me on an anti biotic in pill form, I've heard these things have some serious side effects, anyone got anymore info on these?

JohnGalt

Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt that antibiotics have serious side effects, you are probably thinking of accutane, which can cause serious side effects (such as birth defects if pregnancy occurs while using the drug), but most of these side effects (such as suicide) are overblown bs.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take antibiotics (tetracyclin derivitive - minocyclin) and they work great. I was recently having moderate break outs and the antibiotics and topical stuff wipped it out in 3 weeks. The only real side effect I've noticed is dehydration and chapped lips.

Accutane is the one with all the side effects and should only be taken as a last resort if you're acne is really really bad.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm taking an antibiotic pill and also using a facial cream with antibiotic and benzoyl peroxide. It is working..... slowly..... too slowly.....

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pantothenic acid - Vitamin B5 is very effective for some. Be sure to increase the dose above what is recommended though to get a better effect. How much higher? You will have to find your best level. Gradually build up.

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got put on minocycline (pill) and differin gel. My sister used to take differin gel and it worked well for her, so hopefully it will help me too. I don't have serious acne... almost always less than 10 zits on my face, but it is still annoying.