Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Acne and shy problem

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
After going through weeks of looking at the real me:

I have come to my conclusion that why I was not getting ANY women

1) acne, I've had this since 15.5/16 years old. Hopefully it will go away when I turn 19 (in 3 months) This must be the biggest turn off when I meet women, I have pictures to show it (*warning: nasty faces presented at the following content*)

1A) now here's what I have done to fix the problem
-> eat LESS oily cooked stuff
-> drink lots of water
-> wash oxy twice a day, and anti-oil

What else can I do to make all these bumps and acne completely go away? :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) shy, well I've had this probably since grade 4. At that time I realized girls were cute instead of nasty. I guess the kiss I gave to the the girl next door changed the way I think about girls :p So I was often the admirer, or my idiot friends told on her that I liked her. I never had any date, kiss, hug, hold hand ever at that time.

So anyway ever since that, I don't have too many close friends, you can say about less than 5 that are really close. 10 are just normal friends. But that was all gone in grade 6 when I moved to Canada.

At first I didn't make a lot of friends because I wasn't that outgoing and socializing. I made 2 close friends at school, 1 really close friend at neighbour hood (Which he turned on me later on)

Then I was at high school, even worse. At first all I did was hanging out at the "ESL (English as Second Language)" class all the time because there were people speaking the same language as me) So I barely made any non-asian friend.

3 years go by, I made 2 white best friends and 3 mixed close friends. And I just had to move, because of me causing too many troubles at school (fights) and my parents not liking to live in a town far away from the downtown city.

So it's been 2 years here at a new place, I have NOT made any BEST friends, probably 3 REALLY close male friends, which I have lied to them that I have lots of friends and girlfriends stuff. Because I don't wanna seem like a loser, which I am now because I lied to them. Until now everyday I spend time at home. No school, no jobs, no REAL friends. I barely get a visit from friends in a month, you can say during last month and now, I had 2 visits so far. We just often talk on msn messenger. I don't have any female friends, I use to have 2. 1 of them was the girl I decided to drop because I was her emotional tampon, another one is currently I am getting sick and tired of, she acts like she wants to be my friend but never calls me or ask to hang out.

Enough of all the crap, heres what I did to fix my problems

2A) - slowly adjusting my attitude into "I am still young and I am not looking for a relationship right now"
- slowly adjusting my attitude into "Don't think a girl is attracted to you because she was talking to you"
- slowly adjusting my attitute into "Stop ***** out, go there and say hi to that girl"

Onto the jobs, I got 3 on-call jobs. Which it's been 3 weeks and not a call for them.

Onto the school, I applied for a art college called "Art Institute" which I am waiting for them to accept me (hopefully)

Back to the shy problem, now I get a lot of confidence when I read from other people's post. The moment to speak the woman, I ***** out. I was suppose to walk up to her, or simply a smile. I didn't do any of it.

Maybe its all the personal problems I have that is causing me depressed. You guys told me to focus on my hobbies, interests, etc. But I've been doing that, and I am TIRED of doing the things alone all the time.

KingPinp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I ge acne when i dont work out. Do you work out? Do you shower enough?( enough means once a day) showering to much is bad for your skin. Do you leave it alone? you could orthotricyclin. I recomend working out and being clean. If it doesnt work see a darmotologist. Its not that bad though. on your pictures it looks like working out would solve your problem.

Cutiepiie

Banned
Reaction score
Well oxy always works for me... and I used to date this pretty boy.. and he use to come over and use my products that are made for women. Like Negtragena soft scrub...

Also theres another trick I use which after your face gets red like that use visine "It Gets The Red Out" But make sure your not allergic to it..you might up like a doll..
:eek:

I read somewhere that honey can reduce pimples.. which I guess you put in on ur face overnight ... didnt work for me when I did it I tested it out on my finger to see if I had a allergic reaction to it and my finger broke out in a rash.

Neosporin can help reduce blemishes.

I also wash my face 3 times a day or get a hot rag before I go to bed and just leave it on my face till it gets cold. Of course you can always buys those face masks for women..lol

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heh, my acne's worse than that.

but that doesn't stop me

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingPinp
I ge acne when i dont work out. Do you work out? Do you shower enough?( enough means once a day) showering to much is bad for your skin. Do you leave it alone? you could orthotricyclin. I recomend working out and being clean. If it doesnt work see a darmotologist. Its not that bad though. on your pictures it looks like working out would solve your problem.
yep I work out every other day. I shower once everyday (and wash my hair too because I uses gel) A week ago my skin wasn't that redness or itchy like now, because I was off on the oxy for a couple days. Sometimes at night my side of face gets redish and itchy, I just rainse with water... there is something wrong with my skin

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to acne.org and order the BP Gel and do "The Regimen."

Thank me later.

Dev

Don Juan
Reaction score
For the acne, go to a local dermatologist. Some people need precription medication to clear up their acne.

As far as the shy problem... read the bible.

icecreaman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your acne aint s#@t!!!!! I have scene people in worse shape. All I would do is slow down on the spicy food and drink a lot of water. Do you drink??? Its not the healthiest thing to do but it sure does dry out your skin if you dont want that oily look. If you are still trippin just go see a doc and get some accutane. The only thing about that stuff is it drys the hell out of your skin, and your lips peal and stuff. They usually prescribe that stuff to people with severe cases so ask your doc. The treatment takes a couple of months but after your done, you'll never see another pimple again. That stuff changed my cousins life.

Tempest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Tom121,

I used to have both of these problems. Acne and the shyness which you both describe. Let me tell you how I overcame those.

1) Acne. As the other guy mentioned, go to: http://www.acne.org. This will change your acne problem. You go on this regime and you buy three products from your local store: bar soap, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and a moisturizer lotion. You do this two times a day. It's easy... I have developed a habit of it and it's automatic to me now. I don't even think about it, just do it and it's not a hassle for me in my daily lifestyle.

It will change you a lot. It works wonders... forget Proactiv and Accutane or Tetracycline. They are expensive and unneccesary. This regime works, I promise.

2) Shyness. You're on the right track. I was shy throughout highschool and moved around a lot, too. Now I am much more outgoing and believe it or not getting into sales. Noone would believe that if they knew me from before! It takes a lot of work to change and I am still working on it. You need to make a commitment to yourself that from now on you will improve. Every interaction you engage in is practice. You are improving during every conversation, every get-together and anyone you socialize with.

My job has helped me a lot. I have adapted to many different personalities and have met many, many people from it. I can keep and hold conversations for longer than 5 seconds now!!

Another thing is you have to make yourself more interesting of a person. This way, you have more things to talk about, relate to and it just makes you more interesting. If you live in Canada you will want to get into Hockey (whenever the lockout is resolved). I live in Vancouver and the Canucks are huge here... I love them and can talk about anything with them. I'm now getting into Football (CFL). I now like to read books, self-improvement books. I weight lift 3 times a week. I hang out with my friends a lot more... go see movies, go play pool or just hang out. These are all new interests and hobbies I got myself into.

All you need now is practice. Practice, practice, practice. Quit computer games and quit watching tv. I don't do any of that anymore. It takes time but if you keep up with this your confidence will begin to grow... and before you know it you will be more talkative and outgoing.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
trust me, your acne isnt as bad as you think. when i was 15-17, my acne was much worse than you.

but by the end of h.s. my acne just slowly disappeared so it was around your age.

i use clean and clear 2x daily day and night for my face, and it seems to do the job.

Always remember to apply moisturizer after you wash your face because you've washed away your natural oils that keep out bacteria from entering your pores.

and never ever touch your face or try to pop your zits. if you have long hair cut it short. hair = dirty and it touching your face means more zits (e.g. split). touching it also means more zits. I cut my hair short by college and stopped touching my face and it helps.

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok now I want to get a new Moisturizer because the one I currently used is out and didn't work that good (it burns the area around my lips)

can you guys give me some names?
I need a cheap and effective Cleanser & Moisturizer that is designed for oily skin

one thing I noticed is that I didn't follow the rules, I tend to finish one thing after another, no wonder my skin is bad :(

FunnyCide

Don Juan
Reaction score
Brother you acne ain't sh*t, I got worse acne than that. I know this guy from university who probably has the same problem with acne as I do and at the same level. He was new in town so I asked him to join me and a couple buddies on a night out in the bars. He spent the night pretty much by himself unless we walked up to him and he actually went home early. I spent the night trying to talk to every person (mostly women) and got a girls number in the end. The biggest difference between me and him was attitude. If you think that girls won't talk to you because of your acne then they probably won't. Change your attitude and rest will fall in place. The only way to do that is action, action, and may be just a little more action. Reading the site is good but one hour of fieldwork is worth a month of reading.

As far as cures go, go to a doctor. It's hard because you actually have to admit to someone that you're not happy with yourself and ask them for a solution but they have all the answers. My problem has gotten way better since my visit to my doc. Hope this helps

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Life-Trainee
Fvck the acne, you gotta do something about those eyes! Is that normal?
LOL i had my eyes closed and I have inside double eyelids, weird :mad:

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the best i've found that works for me and i currently use is Clean & clear Daily pore cleanser. By the end of everyday, my face is very oily, horribly oily in the summer. well anyway thats what i use and it cleanses deep down into the pores w/o overdrying the skin. as for moisturizer i never have to use any, but any type should do for you.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to the dermatologist and ask to be put on Accutane. You'll be clear of all acne in almost no time.

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
Go to the dermatologist and ask to be put on Accutane. You'll be clear of all acne in almost no time.
is that prescription required drug? is it like one of those things you have to constantly use for months for clear of acne?

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my dermotologist appointment is in january :D I have acne but no1 ever seems to notice it. I was speaking to this girl I know on MSN, and she was convinced i had "perfect skin".

thebsharp

Don Juan
Reaction score
You call that acne? i got it alot more worse and trust me its not your acne... id say its the combination of things... i got a few suggestion for you because ive seen your pictures on another thread, you got potential to look great but rightnow you came off very nerdish and kinda weak. First you need to get a new haircut, get something cool, if not then shave your head and go for a more bad boy look. Second, style, for skinny guys like us... if we dont have to body we need to make up for it in style so go out and buy new clothes. Dont be afraid to be diffrent and look a liltle bit dressup. Third, go to acne.org and look for dan's BP gel, i swear this work!

Good luck.

PS: to the person above me, dont make such stupid statment about people with acne and washing there face. I bet you've heard someone said that on T.V and never experience it yourself. Study show that overwashing your face leads to breakout, so dont listen to him Tom.

icecreaman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tom121
is that prescription required drug? is it like one of those things you have to constantly use for months for clear of acne?
It is a prescription drug, and I believe the treatment is about 4 to 5 months. This step is the last resort when it comes to acne so listen to your doc. If you do decide to go this route, stick with it, you wont be sorry.