Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Aaron Rodgers - Successful but a good leader/teammate?

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I follow a young sports analyst on Youtube who's channel is called Strong Opinion Sports. He actually came out and criticized Aaron Rodgers character as a leader and teammate. From what I've seen on mainstream media Aaron Rodgers is mostly praised as being one of the best NFL quarterbacks of all time. He seems to have a stoic demeanor.... you know the quiet confident type.. and performs on the field but could his lack of leadership be what the problem is?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers does not belong in the best QB of all time conversation. Talented sure of course. His body of work is lacking due to his lack of character. There’s a reason why a guy like Tom Brady, who has a fraction of Rodgers’ physical tools, is just a lot better.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tom Brady is a freak with his seven Super Bowls. Rodgers gets criticism because he's "only" won one Super Bowl, but only 12 quarterbacks have won multiple Super Bowls, it's a hard thing to do. Rodgers has an aloof personality apparently. But I'm betting that wouldn't be an issue if he had won more Super Bowls. And I bet he would have done that if his teams had good defenses, which has rarely been the case.

Brady meanwhile has routinely been on teams with solid defenses. Tampa's defense this year was crazy, they were about the only team who could shut down Mahomes and the Chiefs - or the Packers, come to think of it.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with Rodgers' leadership, and I don't see a problem with fans not holding him responsible where applicable. Consider that the Packers drafted his replacement and rather than sulk, he went out and won MVP and got his team within a game of the Super Bowl. The guy in that video is just straw manning so he can stir people up. He says AR threw his coach under the bus but should have refused to leave the field on 4th down. Can't have it both ways. He obviously supports his coach. The media (and some fans) love to pick on AR because he doesn't act like your typical meathead football player, that's all.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with Rodgers' leadership, and I don't see a problem with fans not holding him responsible where applicable. Consider that the Packers drafted his replacement and rather than sulk, he went out and won MVP and got his team within a game of the Super Bowl. The guy in that video is just straw manning so he can stir people up. He says AR threw his coach under the bus but should have refused to leave the field on 4th down. Can't have it both ways. He obviously supports his coach. The media (and some fans) love to pick on AR because he doesn't act like your typical meathead football player, that's all.
His leadership sucks. Statistically he is only barely in the top five the last few years. Russell Wilson has better stats, a similar resume, and I don’t think anyone would argue he is more talented than Rodgers. Rodgers is a huge under achiever.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His leadership sucks. Statistically he is only barely in the top five the last few years. Russell Wilson has better stats, a similar resume, and I don’t think anyone would argue he is more talented than Rodgers. Rodgers is a huge under achiever.
What don't you like about his leadership? You followed that up with statistical talk, so I'm not sure how that's relevant. Anyway he just had statistically his 2nd best year (by a nose) at age 37, tossed 48/5 and 8.2 YPA. And yeah, I'd say Wilson is up there with Rodgers talent-wise...many teams would love to have RW on their team.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What don't you like about his leadership? You followed that up with statistical talk, so I'm not sure how that's relevant. Anyway he just had statistically his 2nd best year (by a nose) at age 37, tossed 48/5 and 8.2 YPA. And yeah, I'd say Wilson is up there with Rodgers talent-wise...many teams would love to have RW on their team.
His consistent lack of playoff success.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didnt he win league MVP this year and was a win short from the superbowl lol?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think that means he's a bad leader. A lot of great QBs don't even make it to the Super Bowl. A lot has to go right team-wise for that to happen. Plus it's worth noting that the Bucs had a terrific team that was on a roll. The creme always rises to the top.

I don't think he's the "GOAT," in fact I think that's a pointless debate (but Brady probably is, lol). The NFL glamorizes the QB position and wants them to be like Lebron or Michael Jordan. It's an important position, but QBs lack control over a large portion of the game. Since 2010 Rodgers has played on two legit contenders: 2014 and last year. In some other years, he willed some mostly mediocre teams to above average seasons and playoff berths. This stands in contrast to Brett Favre, who choked away a lot of big games with boneheaded mistakes (see 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007 playoffs specifically).

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If by "lack of playoff success", you mean he hasn't won multiple Super Bowls, I guess that's true. But if that's the bar, there are a lot of garbage quarterbacks out there. He's played in five NFC Championship games, that's one step from the Super Bowl. And honestly, most of those teams didn't really have any business getting there. Packer defenses have given up an average of more than 35 points in all of their playoff losses with Rodgers. If that were true of Brady, there's no way he would have seven rings.

I do agree talk of Rodgers being the GOAT is silly. Honestly, you don't hear that being said much anymore, and I thought it was ridiculous to begin with. People said that more early on in his career, before Brady went on his tear. You can't really rip on Rodgers stats while celebrating Brady's. Rodgers' big claim to fame is his passer rating being #1 all time, largely because he throws so few interceptions. He takes care of the ball. I don't think he's a bad leader, but at the same time I don't think leadership is his strong suit. He's more of a lead by example and work ethic type of guy, rather than someone who inspires.

And Russell Wilson is pretty damn good. I say that, and I hate the Seahawks.

Last edited:

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good responses. I saw recently there are issues with his contract or something? Seems like every year the media tries to forcast him leaving.
I do like his quiet confident style and always felt he's made a lot of his subpar teams competitive.