"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

A theory about reversing Oneitis

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I have a theory that girls/women often fall in love with attention they receive. When a guy reveals a crush it goes to their head, and eventually they grow dependent on it.

The AFC traits may be offputting for them at the time, but I believe whenever they get rejected, a relationship fails etc there's consolation in thinking "Well, x still has feelings for me" and they can use the poor AFC to revive their ego.

Yet, as soon as that interest stops (or appears to stop), they'll be the ones doing the chasing because they'll need to reassure themselves that the source of their confidence is still there and that they still have appeal. They'll even start wondering "Why isn't he interested any more? Is it me? Why doesn't he need me?" and suddenly the former AFC is consuming her mind.

The former AFC then gains the upper hand and the roles are reversed. The former AFC has the control and power, which we all know is an attractive quality for women. This also boosts his confidence, which is another attractive quality. What's more, the former AFC will have developed a sense of mystery in her eyes - i.e. what's so good about his life that he doesn't need her any more?

So, in short, the way to turn oneitis around is to stop showing any interest and to be patient.

But please bare in mind this is only a theory. I've seen it happen first hand and also with friends of mine, and I've just tried to evaluate the process behind it.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

J-Man

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
221
Reaction score
0
yeah that makes sense. im sure a lot of people with oneitis could use this advice... i think pretty much everyone says to do what you say, but this is basically an in-depth explanation of why.

in short: no new instructions, but a better understanding of the old ones. nice :)
 

RogueWarrior

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
(First post so take it w/ a grain of salt)

I have a friend who is quite the DJ.
Last fall I asked him "You once told me that you could get any woman you ever wanted. How do you do that?" He says to me "Are you prepared to do whatever it takes?" "Yeah." "Are you SURE?" "Yeah." "Stop calling her. Stop calling her. Stop calling her. No emails. No letters. Nada." He told me that you'll learn two things by doing this. One: if she's interested, she'll call you to find out where you disappeared to. Two: if she's not interested, she won't call and you won't have made yourself overly vulnerable.

Okay, so I try this. Two weeks go by. As a long-time AFC, I'm going nuts. So I call my DJ Jedi Master and I ask him how long I'm supposed to wait. He says "Sixty to ninety days." :eek: 60 to 90 DAYS?!?! Yikes! Well, friends, the very next day, she calls me.

My newbie DJ view of this is that she has pretty good IL in me. But it also means that I can't go back to being Mr. Nice Guy to her. I have to keep up the being aloof thing. She already knows that I can be Mr. Nice Guy. Now she has to know that I'm not a doormat.
 

neoncola

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Dirtheart
I have a theory that girls/women often fall in love with attention they receive. When a guy reveals a crush it goes to their head, and eventually they grow dependent on it.

The AFC traits may be offputting for them at the time, but I believe whenever they get rejected, a relationship fails etc there's consolation in thinking "Well, x still has feelings for me" and they can use the poor AFC to revive their ego.

Yet, as soon as that interest stops (or appears to stop), they'll be the ones doing the chasing because they'll need to reassure themselves that the source of their confidence is still there and that they still have appeal. They'll even start wondering "Why isn't he interested any more? Is it me? Why doesn't he need me?" and suddenly the former AFC is consuming her mind.

The former AFC then gains the upper hand and the roles are reversed. The former AFC has the control and power, which we all know is an attractive quality for women. This also boosts his confidence, which is another attractive quality. What's more, the former AFC will have developed a sense of mystery in her eyes - i.e. what's so good about his life that he doesn't need her any more?

So, in short, the way to turn oneitis around is to stop showing any interest and to be patient.

But please bare in mind this is only a theory. I've seen it happen first hand and also with friends of mine, and I've just tried to evaluate the process behind it.
I had to bump this thread because I found it interesting.
I was with my gf for 2 years, we broke up ages ago but this was the story of our relationship.
I acted like a complete AFC and she lost interest. Then I felt all I could do was leave her alone. She came back as a female AFC and I was distant because she had hurt me.
Then I would become an AFC again and she would leave, I would be distant, then she comes back.
It can happen like this in so many relationships. It's a vicious cycle, both are only interested if they think the other isn't.
I was in a relationship like this for 2 years, don't let it happen to you it's a vicious cycle!
 

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
5,657
Reaction score
104
Location
Canada
"SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL, SPEAK NO EVIL"

Personally the above quote is the best way to get rid of Oneitis. As soon as the chick you were infatiuated with dumps you or tells you she is not intrested and LJBF you, Your only option is to dissapear and don't SEE HER, Don't TALK TO HER and don't even MENTION HER in a conversation.

The quote pretty much tells you that if you don't hear,see and talk about evil, then in your mind evil will not exist. Same thing with a Oneitis, if you don't see her, talk to her(hear her voice) and speak about her, eventually your Oneitis will fade away (of coarse this is the first step, the other steps is to make yourself a better man and to go after other women for that Oneitis to completly dissapear)

If you try to convince yourself you can LJBF when you still have feelings for this girl, you will be hurt again and again, when she starts going with other men and you see them together or hear about them or she tells you about the new wonderful man in her life.

In a way I agree yet disagree with you Dirtheard :"stop showing any interest and to be patient."

I say you are better off completly cut this woman out of your life and move on if you are suffering from Oneitis.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
1,306
Reaction score
5
Age
44
Location
Eire
Yep, ive used this technique in the past.

Its about respect for yourself also...
 

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
2
Location
Mi
I've found the BEST way to get rid of oneitis is to get another girl. As soon as I find another girl all thoughts of the previous disapear. Works like a charm.
 

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
If her interest is low in the beggining, the former AFC will NEVER be able to make her interested for a long time. As soon as she regains his interest, she will attention wh*re herself out to the next AFC, until a real man comes along and takes her away!
 
Top