Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A Reputation Can Make or Break You

REd-xL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Protect your reputation with your life. Since a good majority of the girls you're going to get with in your life are from within the same social circles as you, it's important to guard the impression others make of you. You have to learn how to delegate and play the politics of impression management.

-Squash rumors and negative sentiments the second they come out in the open.

-Even if something is true but makes you look bad, deny, deny, deny.

-Surround yourself with others who have a good reputation. Avoid people who will make you look bad (Yup, those dorky computer guys you hang with might prevent you from getting laid).

-Be known for being a ladies' man, but not a manslut. Otherwise you'll only end up attracting the sluttiest of girls.

-Have the occasional round of fisticuffs to protect your territory.

-Never--ever--be awkward in conversation. Walk away if things begin to lull.

-Show up late everywhere.

Ahh, screw it. I could make a whole laundry list of this stuff, but there's one important point to remember: never sacrifice the more important things in your life just to salvage your reputation.

In my journal, if you read over the last dozen or so entries, I detailed a bunch of sexual exploits I've had over the last year. You might learn a thing or two.

~Rx

jason86

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

lol so when a convo with ANYONE is going nowhere just straight up walk away from them? elaborate more on that man.

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right, but this one I don't get...

Unless of course it's not important whether you show up somewhere on time, why would you want to be late? Being punctual means that you are on the ball with taking care of your life.

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jason86

lol so when a convo with ANYONE is going nowhere just straight up walk away from them? elaborate more on that man.
I think what he means is to initiate the end of the conversation before you or anyone else run out of things to say.

REd-xL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jason86

rgeere has it. Make up some excuse to bow out of a conversation if you have nothing more to say and the other person is at a loss for words himself.

REd-xL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: A Reputation Can Make or Break You

Originally posted by rgeere
You're right, but this one I don't get...

Unless of course it's not important whether you show up somewhere on time, why would you want to be late? Being punctual means that you are on the ball with taking care of your life.
Well, of course you don't want to be late for work or other important engagements. (Actually, in business meetings dealing with foreigners from Latin America, East Indies, or the Phillipines and surrounding islands , it's customary to show up late.)

Otherwise, I'm talking moreso about showing up late to parties, (sometimes) classes, the bars, etc. Pretty much social engagements where no one is waiting on your clock.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for the last few months i've been going back and forth over the idea of not taking myself so seriously and this idea of protecting reputation keeps coming up

i haven't been giving a shyt what others think about me recently, which has helped me develop a much more outgoing personality. so i've pretty much been doing whatever the hell i want to do and i feel good because of this new way of thinking

compare that with your post red: all the seriousness comes back, the need for approval and need to impress people all the time, so i'll probably end up trying to play it cool and only say stuff that shows intelligence

Have the occasional round of fisticuffs to protect your territory.
this is something i can't imagine doing just now. it seems so daft - i can just picture your typical delinquent doing the usual "what djyou say bout ma mama? let's go". i'd be just "clap clap clap, that's great" + retort + put them on ignore

REd-xL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for the last few months i've been going back and forth over the idea of not taking myself so seriously and this idea of protecting reputation keeps coming up

i haven't been giving a shyt what others think about me recently, which has helped me develop a much more outgoing personality. so i've pretty much been doing whatever the hell i want to do and i feel good because of this new way of thinking

Good, then you're doing the right thing. Remember, my closing words were: never sacrifice the more important things in your life just to salvage your reputation.

In your case, that's your level of happiness and love of being more outgoing.

For someone like me, working to make an impression is fun and adds to my pleasure. It's like a big game to me, and I thrive off of it.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by REd-xL

1)Squash rumors and negative sentiments the second they come out in the open.

2)Even if something is true but makes you look bad, deny, deny, deny.

3)Surround yourself with others who have a good reputation. Avoid people who will make you look bad (Yup, those dorky computer guys you hang with might prevent you from getting laid).

4)Be known for being a ladies' man, but not a manslut. Otherwise you'll only end up attracting the sluttiest of girls.

5)Have the occasional round of fisticuffs to protect your territory.

6)Never--ever--be awkward in conversation. Walk away if things begin to lull.

7)Show up late everywhere.

~Rx
Ok, I must say I disagree with somethings in this post.

1) Agreed. But show that the rumors don't phase you.

2) Disagree. The more you deny, the more it makes you look desperate. The more desperate you look, the worse the situation gets. Being able to look bad, but remain graceful is key.

3) Disagree. Hang out with whoever the hell you want. I hang out with more of the dorks cuz I find that they are actually cooler than the "cool" kids. But I also do hang out with the "cool" kids. Then again, don't just hang out with one group, intermingle with various groups to spread your love (not only does this make you look popular, but it helps with your social skills).

4) Agreed.

5) Huh? What territory?

6) Agreed somewhat. To become more elogquent, one must go through the hardships of disgrace.

7) Agree/Disagree. Sometimes it's good to show up late, sometimes it isn't. Being known as the kid who is always late is not a good thing to be known for. But then again, you don't always need to be on time.

~ivan

REd-xL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2) Disagree. The more you deny, the more it makes you look desperate. The more desperate you look, the worse the situation gets. Being able to look bad, but remain graceful is key.

You only need to deny something once in a cool, eloquent manner, and if anybody tries to follow up on it, they in turn appear desperate, which 95% of people are socialized to avoid doing.

As hard as it may seem to believe, trust me on this, Clinton would have a much worse rep if he came clean.

3) Disagree. Hang out with whoever the hell you want. I hang out with more of the dorks cuz I find that they are actually cooler than the "cool" kids. But I also do hang out with the "cool" kids. Then again, don't just hang out with one group, intermingle with various groups to spread your love (not only does this make you look popular, but it helps with your social skills).

That's fine if you think your dorky friends are cooler. But reputation resides in the eyes of others. Like I keep saying, never sacrifice what's more important in your life for the sake of reputation.

One of my friends molested a girl at this frat party. Obviously, I wouldn't be seen with him around any of those guys ever again.

Personally, a good chunk of my friends are veritable dorks. I just don't mix the different crowds together. But then most people in college don't give a sh!t.

5) Huh? What territory?

A girl you're working on that night. Saving face. Backing up your friends, etc.

~Rx

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's fine if you think your dorky friends are cooler. But reputation resides in the eyes of others. Like I keep saying, never sacrifice what's more important in your life for the sake of reputation.

One of my friends molested a girl at this frat party. Obviously, I wouldn't be seen with him around any of those guys ever again.

Personally, a good chunk of my friends are veritable dorks. I just don't mix the different crowds together. But then most people in college don't give a sh!t.
I was trying to make the point that you can still have a "Good" reputation by hanging out with the dorky kids (by the way, they're pretty damn useful lol). To keep it, one would need to intermingle with other groups of course.

~ivan