A real man is a philosopher

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of the men who have changed history: Socrates, Churchill, Martin Luther, FDR, Napoleon, Pascal, or John Locke. These were all men who constantly asked what their purpose in life was, and more importantly, who constantly sought to fulfill their goals. They pondered things like the meaning of life, ambitions, happiness, the nature of good government - not how to get women.

You see, a real man is a philosopher, a man who spends his time asking "what are we here for, what am I going to do with my life?" And then a real man does it or dies trying. If even these weighty answers never come, a real man is always asking the big questions.

Contemplative people (who know how to have fun, and who aren't trying to pick up women using their large craniums) are always the most fascinating company. They challenge everyone around them to be better people. A true philosopher takes life in stride, and knows women don't matter. By definition, a thinking man NEVER goes through the motions in life. Women eat this up.

If these great men like Rousseau who have changed our world were alive today, do you think they would ever be reading sosuave.net? The answer isn't a flat-out no. It's important to overcome the fear that so many men have of women (Rousseau was terrified of them). And I'm not trying to say that philosophers attract women - the skills of conversing with and interesting women are just that - skills to be developed and refined. And you can't develop these skills sitting in an armchair.

But on the other hand a man who wants to end the world's poverty knows that a woman can't fulfill his life. Only he can. A woman can only complement a great life - or worsen it.

On a personal note, I was having a lot of trouble getting over an LTR when I realized that my life before, during, and after I met this girl had been aimless, purposeless, and empty. I sought women to cement the gap and just ended up attached to a girl who wasn't treating me like a prize.

I can't begin to tell you how differently women have been looking at me and talking to me since I rediscovered philosophy and my spiritual beliefs. I went for a jog tonight and no less than 3 HBs called out to me from the street. The women I approach just want me - know why? I've got direction in life. Keep that in mind, aspiring DJs. A real DJ never goes through the motions of life, a real DJ is a thinker, an observer of women, of men, of humanity. A real DJ has direction and meaning in life completely and absolutely independent of women - HBs can detect that attitude a mile away.

Izza

Last edited:

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course just being a philosopher isn't enough to pick up women.

But a big part of being a DJ is thinking carefully about where you want to go in life (end world hunger, map the human brain, sell olives from a roadside stand, teach high school). It creates purpose and drive to your life, and gives you an inimitable self-confidence.

Pondering the meaning of life all the time isn't enough to attract great women - everyone needs to refine their conversation skills, and develop the confidence to approach women. But people who think a lot about the big questions in life have a natural advantage to those who worry all the time about embarrassing themselves in front of a HB. The thinking man knows women don't matter whereas the AFC treats women as deities to appease.

I'd prefer to be the former any day of the week. I think women would too.

David

Last edited:

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The meaning of life is not the answers we give, but the quality of questions we raise.

dearsappho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Indeed...all those philosphers FAILED to find answers to the questions they raised. Some went potty (poor old Nietzche)

This failure inspired yet more questions to be raised which is why they are still read today.

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by izza
The thinking man knows women don't matter whereas the AFC treats women as deities to appease.

I'd prefer to be the latter any day of the week. I think women would too.

David
Why would you prefer to be the latter?

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with this, I am very heavy in philosophy that I am smarter than most of my male and female friends. (smart in deep thinking, real deep thinking that may drive normal people insane.) - I hide it though cause people might think I'm crazy. And only bring tidbits of my superior philosophy to dazzle a couple people here and there.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL

Hehe edit made, i meant the former. :- )

I sincerely hope that wasn't a freudian slip.

David

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dearsappho,

Precisely. Philosophers ask questions that by definition have no answer. But just because philosophy has no definitive answers doesn't make asking the questions a waste of time. For one, each person can make their own best guesses ('my purpose in life is to make music') and be a better, fulfilled person for it. Also, we can profit from other people's answers.