"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

A newbie with a newbie question

r5250

New Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Every few months I go to Hooters so I am aware of the waitress' flirtation techniques to get a big tip.

I am in my early twenties and attending college so I see young women every day, and to be honest with you many Hooters waitresses are just young and thin, and that's about it, they aren't all supermodels probably because it's hard to keep a staff full of nothing but 10s or 9s. I know somebody is dating these women, they're not all going home to Tom Cruises. Also in my one of my classes, there was a woman in there no better or worse looking than the others, but one day she wore her Hooters shirt. And I thought to myself, "wow, she's a Hooters girl." I think that's when I realized that someone being a Hooters waitress can really change your perception of their attractiveness.

So I went into a Hooters yesterday for lunch, one I've never been to. I sat down at the bar and the waitress came over and helped me, then she caught me staring at her chest and that's when she became very talkative, asking how my day was going, whether I had the weekend off, etc. I told her I just got back from a LaCrosse game I went to with somebody and was killing a few hours before I went to the races that night, why not go to Hooters in the meantime. She told me she never went to a Lacrosse game and would like to go to one, was going to a basketball game tomorrow with her friend, etc, started telling me about herself, in all we probably got about 15 minutes of solid conversation before I left. She kept trying to talk to me when another waitress was standing next to her trying to ask a question. She kept playing with her hair. Later she told me she was going to school and when I told her I was too, and only have one semester left she became excited.

I paid my bill and waited for a while till it was time to leave, as I was leaving she was with another couple to serve them and as I started to get up she said "leaving?" in a whiny voice and said have fun at the races and see you later.

So I'm thinking of going back and maybe trying to talk to her now, it's not too far from my house but it's not like I can expect to see her the first time I go back because they work in shifts, plus I would feel like an ass if she was just flirting for tips. Still though I think she's new in town, she lived in another state going to school and moved here for school and was asking where I lived, where certain places were because this place is so big and she doesn't know this town, so maybe she hasn't found a boyfriend yet.

I know Hooters waitresses flirt with all their customers but it's usually limited to touching and calling them honey then the guy will start the conversation. Women say I'm handsome and I'm 6'3"

Do you think it's worth trying to go back there and if so what could be done. I'm sure this message sounds kinda lame to some of you and sorry it's long but I just wanted to hear what some others would do.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

oda

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 9, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
she seemed interested, shes ur age, shes no greater than you as a human, it is worth a shot. you'd only be hurting yourself wondering if u would have suceeded, i say hit that stuff up
 

HuuBinh

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
292
Reaction score
2
Location
ATL
hell no! go bak there for lunch if u want to but definately dont do it b/c of her. If you were interested, you should have asked for a number your first time. Going back during her shift tells her that your desperate, and we'll never know what her intentions were for being so receptive to you the first time. Maybe she was trying to get you back the second time???? maybe???? next
 

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
Take it as a lesson to be less gunshy....I'd say hooters waitresses are up there with strippers in terms of fake interest levels...why not be crazy and go for the gold, but realize if you have the balls to do that, the next time you see an attractive chick worth talking to, the energy required to say 'hello' is FAR less of a reach...
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I was going to reply to this, but the page took like 5 minutes to load. What the f*ck were we talking about again??

Oh yeah, Hooters girl. F it. Ask for her number. What's the worst that could happen? LOL

Shoulda asked for it then...coming back for it is pretty weak. Just f'ing throw it out there. "What's your number?" Even if you don't expect a response, what do you have to lose? She's only a girl.

By the way, how much of a tip DID you get worked for? :D
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

r5250

New Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Going back for it is very weak, I would have to agree. She got $3 out of me.

Thanks guys you helped me out. I guess you can just say WTF and go for it no matter if you think they are just after your $$$ I've done it in the past and I've seen guys act on less signal, guys I know that only date waitresses sure would have gone for it.

That's another thing I noticed the guys who don't give a crap if a girl looks interested or not they just go for it seem to have a lot more ladies in their lives.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Originally posted by r5250
That's another thing I noticed the guys who don't give a crap if a girl looks interested or not they just go for it seem to have a lot more ladies in their lives.
EXACTLY!!!
Go back and eat there and ask her out!!! If u r so inclined!
 
Top