Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A new kind of spineless AFC... the AverageFrustratedWannabeDJ

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been seeing more of these fools nowadays than I think I EVER have on the DJ boards. Nowadays, the only trends I am seeing here 3/4 of the threads asking for the OK in doing this or that. Is it OK to be mad, is it OK to call after 1 day, is this OK, is that OK?

What is the difference between the traditional AFC and the AFWDJ (average frustrated wannabe don juan)? I mean, the AFC tends to seek approval from other females before he does what he does. The AFWDJ does the EXACT SAME THING, replacing "females" with "people on sosuave". This is crazy, budding DJ's are forgetting how to BE A MAN.

Almost nobody here is willing to take any risks anymore. That is why all the "please approve this or that" posts. Just go out and do what you don't know what you should do or not, and then tell us the results. Quit asking for so much approval. It's sick and doesn't make you a DJ. It makes you an AFC all over again, except with displaced necessity for approval. A spineless AFC tends to "latch on" to a woman, because he has no spine of his own to give him his form. A spineless AFWDJ is latching on to this message board, because he has no spine of his own to give him his form.

The point of the DJ boards isn't to latch onto the DJ boards, it's to GROW A SPINE OF YOUR OWN. Be a unique individual with your own personality traits, yet HAVE A SPINE. The "MUST READ" threads in the DJ bible are for growing a spine. All the rest of the boards are simply ways to change your failure to success rate a bit WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE A SPINE. You're going to have to test things out on your own, and only by doing that will you know what works for you. As easy as it is to be a spineless leech sucking information out of the boards, it's actually APPLYING what you know that seperates the DJ's from the AFWDJ.

So get off the computer, get into the real world, try new things, even when doubting, find what works and what does not ON YOUR OWN because no amount of approval for your questions from the DJ community will be able to tell you the real truth, and develop your personality, and GROW YOUR VERY OWN SPINE. A spineless life is really much, much less fulfilling than a life with a spine.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I concur!

Originally posted by DJ Girevik
The point of the DJ boards isn't to latch onto the DJ boards, it's to GROW A SPINE OF YOUR OWN.

[...]

So get off the computer, get into the real world, try new things, even when doubting, find what works and what does not ON YOUR OWN because no amount of approval for your questions from the DJ community will be able to tell you the real truth, and develop your personality, and GROW YOUR VERY OWN SPINE. A spineless life is really much, much less fulfilling than a life with a spine.
Thank you.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee

The one thing I've noticed in the short time I've been here is that the word AFC is way over-used.

There are no AFC moves, just AFC people. It's perfectly capable to know all of the "Don-Juan moves" and rules and how to "play the game," but still BE a total AFC. AFC isn't a course of action, it's an attitude. And so is "DJ". If you're labeling someone an "average frustrated Don Juan," they're not a DJ at all...a DJ doesn't get frustrated.

Like Morpheus says, "There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you that some people here act as though they never get out and try anything for themselves. They just seem to sit here and read everything, then expect their lives to improve magically all on their own. All the techniques, mindsets, and other advice shared here is absolutely worthless to someone if there is no action to back it up.

the AFC tends to seek approval from other females before he does what he does. The AFWDJ does the EXACT SAME THING, replacing "females" with "people on sosuave".
Asking for and giving advice about women and life in general is what this forum is all about. It's the whole entire point this forum is even here. You are right; when someone asks for advice, they ARE asking for our approval. They want to know what we know, to learn what we have learned (or in my case, still learning.) They've tried things their way, it didn't work.

I don't see a spineless wimp who wants someone else to make all the decisions so he doesn't have to; I see someone who wants advice from others who have been through similar situations.

Most if not all of us were already frustrated with our lives to some extent when we came here. It is the reason we are here in the first place.

trevjr

Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely agree. I have not been on here long and I see way too many 'this girl looked at me what should I do?' posts.
Guys got to get out there and make some mistakes, that is how you learn. It is Friday night where I am and this list should be dead until tomorrow morning.
Are there guys really sitting at home typing when they should be out gettin' some?
You won't hear from me until tomorrow and hopefully some chick will be making me breakfast!

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: ...

Originally posted by squirrels
If you're labeling someone an "average frustrated Don Juan," they're not a DJ at all...a DJ doesn't get frustrated.
I think he meant "average frustrated wannabe Don Juan, which is a little different. ;)

But hey, DJ Girevik, some guys just need a bit of coaching for a while. Eventually they grow out of it. Like me. :D

BGMan

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: ...

Originally posted by squirrels
The one thing I've noticed in the short time I've been here is that the word AFC is way over-used.

There are no AFC moves, just AFC people. It's perfectly capable to know all of the "Don-Juan moves" and rules and how to "play the game," but still BE a total AFC. AFC isn't a course of action, it's an attitude. And so is "DJ". If you're labeling someone an "average frustrated Don Juan," they're not a DJ at all...a DJ doesn't get frustrated.

Like Morpheus says, "There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
E x a c t l y ! !

Although I threw "Wannabe" in there for a reason :D

Ofus, asking for advice once in awhile is OK, but using the DJ boards as a substitute for free thinking, and asking for the details when you don't even know the basics, is stupid.

BGman, true, some guys went from question askers to question answerers. But the DJ Boot Camp is good for coaching, so I have heard (never used it myself)

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Almost nobody here is willing to take any risks anymore. That is why all the "please approve this or that" posts. Just go out and do what you don't know what you should do or not, and then tell us the results. Quit asking for so much approval. It's sick and doesn't make you a DJ. It makes you an AFC all over again, except with displaced necessity for approval. A spineless AFC tends to "latch on" to a woman, because he has no spine of his own to give him his form. A spineless AFWDJ is latching on to this message board, because he has no spine of his own to give him his form.

Well I agree with most of your post and have voiced similar sentiments.

The reason we see so many of these, "Is it OK?" posts is due to the type of individuals we have on this board.

Guys come to this board either because 1) they have little/no experience with women and are searching for a clue on how to change that OR 2) they have experience with women but it is mostly bad (relationships in which the guy gets his heart stomped on and is otherwise dragged through the mud repeatedly)

Either of these scenarios will lead to a somewhat "gun-shy" mentality.

Personally I don't mind some "strategy" posts if you will or posts with some substance. (I like to seek advice on the various situations I find myself in with women.)

But the "I met this girl yesteday should I call her today or tomorrow" posts - those just gotta go.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: A new kind of spineless AFC... the AverageFrustratedWannabeDJ

I think what it boils down to is that most guys here are still secreatly believing there are "magic words" or a secret to "unlocking" it all, in other words a short cut. This is proven by the fact that people are reading the material, reading the posts, but are STILL doing the things that AFC's do, just directed to a different crowd. In other words, just because you are know asking approval from US instead of the WOMAN doesnt' mean you aren't AFC, it's just directed to a different light. If I take a history test and get all the answers from my teacher while taking the test, does that make me a historian? No, you took a short cut.

The purpose of the fourm is to Seek advice on THINGS IN GENERAL, not every single every day life situation.

"my boss spilled coffee on me today, what should I do?". It's getting to that point.

If you use this forum to develop the correct mindset instead of quick fixes, I promise you the amount of new posts will decrease at least 20 percent.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Amen to that, Backbreaker. And nice signature :D