Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A Matter of Morality?

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello fellas. I decided to post in here (rather than in Anything Else) where getting a more "mature" response is likely.

Huge event came upon me.

I lost my job due to stealing drugs. FYI: My revolves around legal prescription drugs. Lost my license to practice my profession. Actually just suspended.

In any angle you look at my situation, it's f'd up. Fortunately, I have a supportive family and my bosses at work supportive too.

Sorry for going astray from the subject. But here's the connection: with this incident, people have given me motivating words. And most of the people I spoke with like counselors and recovering addicts alike are saying that I will be much stronger than I was.

Here it is...I'm feeling much stronger right now. Fortunately very minimal physical withdrawals (almost 0) and very little cravings. With that in mind, I feel that I'm a better DJ. I'm trying to put it in an analogy of a person who was in near death and conquered it. Just like a man who just had a surge of testosterone and is going to seize every single day of his life.

NOW HERE'S THE REAL DILEMMA

Every single day I say hi to girls and women unlike before. I went to my first NA meeting last night and was hoping to meet chicks. I'm even checking NA listing in the college area so that I can meet 'em. In simple term, is that bad?

Just like Chris Rock and Jay (and Silent Bob) said to pick up chicks in abortion clinics because you know they're effin'.

Well I don't want to meet women in NA to score drugs (I'm through with that sht). I'm there for the pimpin'. Please although I attach humor to my story but I'm serious. Any comments?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations for getting yourself back on track. Your question is a good one, definitely something to consider.

You need to ask yourself just how strong are you? Not just whether or not you are controlling the addiction, but what is your capacity of handling things of a woman who may not be as successful as you. I'm not saying that you shouldn't venture forth, trust me I sarge women that are supposedly taboo (legal of course), but then again I live by my own morals and not those imposed by society.

Look within yourself and ask whether or not you can handle the possible strain of someone possibly battling her own demons. But then again, you may come across a woman who's as strong as you. Life has no guarantees, just tons of opportunities and possibilities. ;)

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your response! I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I still have doubts but I believe in myself now more than ever.

This what happened last week when I got busted was a wake up call. Actually I want to get busted so everything (addiction) will stop.

I'm willing to take my chances with finding women. That's why we are here, right? If I don't take that risk, regret will definitely eat me up.

Thanks for the motivation.

Aztec

phillydude

Don Juan
Reaction score
First let me say I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job over this, but hopefully it was the "kick in the face" you needed to get you past your addiction. It sounds like you have a good attitude and positive motivations to make changes in your life, and I wish you the best of luck.

I'd seriously advise, however, that you don't mix your newfound resolve to avoid drugs with your desire to meet women. It's tough enough to battle addiction... putting another vice (women) in the mix will only distract you from your ultimate goal: to stay clean. I can certainly understand the bond you might feel with another person who shares the same demons you do... but I don't think it's a good idea to go down that path.

Say you DO hook up with someone you met in NA who doesn't have your resolve to "do the right thing?" Could you deal with her pulling out a bag of pills one night and saying "Come on... let's have some fun?" There's a reason that most people who succeed in recovery continue to go to meetings: the temptation is always there to go back to the "habit." The thing about twelve step programs is that you are only one step away from falling down the whole flight of stairs. Why do you think they sometimes call drug dealers "pushers?"

What would happen if you hooked up with someone you met in NA and then things went badly? Would that be enough of a deterrent for you to abandon your recovery program so you could avoid interactions with this person?

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely understand your point. I will take heed of your advice.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just came back from my 2nd meeting. You're absolutely right Phillydude. I saw few hot women over there and they have their own screwed up sht they have to handle.

Both of my hands are full. I can't carry another baggage.

Aztec