2005 NFL picks?

learningtopimp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are the Patriots gonna 3-peat, or will Peyton Manning stop them?Is Randy Moss going to take the Raiders far? Whatever team you guys like, who are you picking to make playoffs or win this year? I know it's not a bunch of metrosexuals posting over here. :cool:

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colts down the Pats due to their semi broken down defense. Bucs suprise everyone riding the back of Cadillac!! Thats right, i said it...Colts and Bucs for the super bowl...although the Colts shall be victorious.

SupaDupaAFC

Banned
Reaction score
do yall like it when a man comes up and slaps your ass? maybe yall just like to watch.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Patriots will be the first team to tre peat

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pats wont make it to the bowl again. new defensive / offensive coordinators, struggling defense. they will make the finals, but this time they wont have homefield. if they meet colts, it will be in the indianapolis dome, where there is no snow and it's warm. under those conditions, colts will take it. not to mention, colts have improved their defense A LOT during offseason, they play much better (look at how they handled baltimore).

as for nfc...

if culpepper doesn't keep choking, and their wide recievers can step up, vikings can get to the bowl this year. they have a very strong D now, and just need to stop choking. i think their main problem right now is tice. hope they get a new coach next season, cause this guy certanly can't inspire them.

panthers are the team that looks the best on paper, and everyone will go for them. amazing balance of D and O. however for some reason, i see them choking too.

other then that, my main NFC pick is falcons.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Pats three peat. As a Bostonian, if I didn't believe it, I'd admit it.

For those that don't watch the games or get to, the Pats don't blow teams away. They win by 3 points. Hence, ALL their superbowl wins.

The OF/DF coordinator theory is overhyped and wrong. Why?

Because most NFL teams operate where a few key people are expected to make things happen, and then they hire scrubs for the rest of the spots.

You'll never see a Randy Moss, or a T.O. or a Priest, or Portis on our team. Why?

Because it takes time to get value out of an offensive player, and most times, by the time they DO produce, they want such a phat payday, they can't keep the team intact.

INDY will be like the BUCS of 02. Remember? They mortgaged the farm to get a Superbowl, offering up lots of picks to Oak for Gruden and paying phat salaries to players for 1 year. What are they now? A shell of their former selves.

The Pats had MORE injuries last year than this year.

-Seymour
-Branch
-Watson
-Law
-Givens/Patten

Our whole secondary was rookies. And yet, we did it 2x in a row. This year, we return Branch and a healthy Seymour, yes, we lose Bruschi, but if you're NE fan, you know 1 player does not make a team like the other 31 teams think.

Why will we win?

B/c the pats always upgrade over the previous year. That and their philosophy is this...

A team is a T E A M. Hence, the Pats hire players who fit their system, who are usually veterans of several years, usually first picks who are considered busts, then offer them incentive laiden contracts and the promise of a Superbowl. Inevitably, if you get alot of top picks and talented team-minded players, you'll go far.

Chad Scott, Monty Beisel, and David Terrell (though we cut him) were all top picks, and high producers in schemes that didn't suit them. We also acquired Duane Starks, and have Seymour, Colvin, and Harrison, with Vrabel, and most of a returning DF team. How can they NOT be better?

And let's face it, Belichick is a DF coach, so we are covered there. Offensively, that is subdivided.

We didn't blow away OAK, but we wouldn't anyways. Nobody can deny Randy Moss' talent, BUT, they didn't blow us away. And who won? The Pat's have the hardest schedule, and if they brave most teams on that list, will repeat without question.

----------------------------------------

Indy won't do it. Peyton is a stat master, but no team leader. They're too pass happy. Edge is a fantastic runner who doesn't get enough credit or goal-line carries.

KC won't do it b/c they have no passing game. They own Kennison, who's more a #2 than #1, then who else? Tony G is great, but no team dominates with a TE and only 1 WR. Priest is good, and so's LJ, but, that's a running game, and can be ground down.

OAK has no D, period, that's why we won. And they don't SAPP is old and not capable, and his style of play does not fit their DF scheme.

MINN is the only team capable of matching the Pat's IMO, but just because they COPY us does not mean they can DUPLICATE our results. Sure, on paper their D is good. Kevin Williams and Antoine Winfield are great players, but what happened last week? Not to mention, the team relies so heavily on Daunte, and they haven't est. a dominant runner in their backfield yet.

PHILLY looked awful and without T.O. they have no passing game. They traded away their veteran WR and have Greg Lewis and LJ Smith to catch passes, not enough maturity or talent to make a run at the superbowl.

BUF is too young with JP Losman and they have only 2 WR capable of anything, Moulds and Evans. After that, who gets the ball if they're shut down? Their star player is MCgahee, yet he can be shut down too.

TB is too young. Cadillac only had a good week b/c of a 71 yard run at the ending 2 minutes that boosted his #'s. Otherwise he finishes with 20+ carries and 77 yards. Bad numbers and no TD's. Their D isn't what it was. Simeon Rice and Brooks are the only returning stars.

And don't go on about NYJ, NYG, or SD, or even DEN, not chances their.

A-Unit

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Moss won't take the Raiders far because Kerry Collins is trash.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Re:

Originally posted by A-Unit
Pats three peat. As a Bostonian, if I didn't believe it, I'd admit it.

For those that don't watch the games or get to, the Pats don't blow teams away. They win by 3 points. Hence, ALL their superbowl wins.

The OF/DF coordinator theory is overhyped and wrong. Why?

Because most NFL teams operate where a few key people are expected to make things happen, and then they hire scrubs for the rest of the spots.

You'll never see a Randy Moss, or a T.O. or a Priest, or Portis on our team. Why?

Because it takes time to get value out of an offensive player, and most times, by the time they DO produce, they want such a phat payday, they can't keep the team intact.

INDY will be like the BUCS of 02. Remember? They mortgaged the farm to get a Superbowl, offering up lots of picks to Oak for Gruden and paying phat salaries to players for 1 year. What are they now? A shell of their former selves.

The Pats had MORE injuries last year than this year.

-Seymour
-Branch
-Watson
-Law
-Givens/Patten

Our whole secondary was rookies. And yet, we did it 2x in a row. This year, we return Branch and a healthy Seymour, yes, we lose Bruschi, but if you're NE fan, you know 1 player does not make a team like the other 31 teams think.

Why will we win?

B/c the pats always upgrade over the previous year. That and their philosophy is this...

A team is a T E A M. Hence, the Pats hire players who fit their system, who are usually veterans of several years, usually first picks who are considered busts, then offer them incentive laiden contracts and the promise of a Superbowl. Inevitably, if you get alot of top picks and talented team-minded players, you'll go far.

Chad Scott, Monty Beisel, and David Terrell (though we cut him) were all top picks, and high producers in schemes that didn't suit them. We also acquired Duane Starks, and have Seymour, Colvin, and Harrison, with Vrabel, and most of a returning DF team. How can they NOT be better?

And let's face it, Belichick is a DF coach, so we are covered there. Offensively, that is subdivided.

We didn't blow away OAK, but we wouldn't anyways. Nobody can deny Randy Moss' talent, BUT, they didn't blow us away. And who won? The Pat's have the hardest schedule, and if they brave most teams on that list, will repeat without question.

----------------------------------------

Indy won't do it. Peyton is a stat master, but no team leader. They're too pass happy. Edge is a fantastic runner who doesn't get enough credit or goal-line carries.

KC won't do it b/c they have no passing game. They own Kennison, who's more a #2 than #1, then who else? Tony G is great, but no team dominates with a TE and only 1 WR. Priest is good, and so's LJ, but, that's a running game, and can be ground down.

OAK has no D, period, that's why we won. And they don't SAPP is old and not capable, and his style of play does not fit their DF scheme.

MINN is the only team capable of matching the Pat's IMO, but just because they COPY us does not mean they can DUPLICATE our results. Sure, on paper their D is good. Kevin Williams and Antoine Winfield are great players, but what happened last week? Not to mention, the team relies so heavily on Daunte, and they haven't est. a dominant runner in their backfield yet.

PHILLY looked awful and without T.O. they have no passing game. They traded away their veteran WR and have Greg Lewis and LJ Smith to catch passes, not enough maturity or talent to make a run at the superbowl.

BUF is too young with JP Losman and they have only 2 WR capable of anything, Moulds and Evans. After that, who gets the ball if they're shut down? Their star player is MCgahee, yet he can be shut down too.

TB is too young. Cadillac only had a good week b/c of a 71 yard run at the ending 2 minutes that boosted his #'s. Otherwise he finishes with 20+ carries and 77 yards. Bad numbers and no TD's. Their D isn't what it was. Simeon Rice and Brooks are the only returning stars.

And don't go on about NYJ, NYG, or SD, or even DEN, not chances their.

A-Unit

tipsy_619

Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as new england having tha hardest schedule....
Actually if i remember right

Miami has the hardest
Then the chargers

Just take a look 4 urself...

n SD has a ligitimate chance at the superbowl
they just need to learn how to use their players...

wtf 4 pass plays on the 7 yard line with one timeout...
even i know(from all my madden 06 experience lol..)
to run at least once
come on, we do have the best back in tha business...
wouldnt hurt to try at least a toss...

i hate chargers play calling wit a passion..
playoff loss because of that...
kept running setting up a long fg attempt 4 a rookie kicker...

best upgrade chargers didnt make was tryin to go after the pats offensive cordinator(just look at the fighting irish)

as far as defense....

tha run stop is great
one of the most talented n deepest linebackin cores in tha nfl
need to start playin more zone n try n get better safetys
i have no idea why we got rid of harrison, just look at him now
corners need to play more physical n start bump n runnin

they need to experiment with tha secondary n maybe try startin jammer at strong safety n leave davis n florence at the corners

if all those problems can get handled then we will have a chance!

UNTIL THEN.........
Superbowl is gonna be PATS N FALCONS

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm picking the Colts over the Falcons in superbowl XtraLarge, but do not disregard Miami Dolphins. it turns out Saban used to work for Belichik and we may have a tough match there.