"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Members who reacted to message #3

All (6) Like Like (5) Love Love (1)

    1. Love

      DJsomeday

      Don Juan
      • Messages
        124
      • Reaction score
        1
    2. Like

      Zimbabwe

      Banned 30
      • Messages
        2,350
      • Reaction score
        3,079
    3. Like

      ubercat

      Master Don Juan From Australia
      • Messages
        3,671
      • Reaction score
        2,309
    4. Like

      Travel memoir21

      Master Don Juan 40 From Rio Grande Valley, Texas
      • Messages
        1,992
      • Reaction score
        1,132
    5. Like

      BeExcellent

      Master Don Juan 57
      • Messages
        5,413
      • Reaction score
        7,928
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top