Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is the Black Pill?

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I keep seeing people talk about this, but what exactly is it? Some guys say it means looks matter and others say it's a bleak outlook on the world.

But aren't those two just the red pill? What exactly is blackpill supposed to be?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Red pill and Black pill are two sides of the same coin. One side believes that if you learn game, socially calibrate, work your numbers game, you can get a decent woman regardless of your status in life, or your looks. All these things help but they are not the be all and end off if you can land someone. The Blackpill on the other hands suggests you should just go to Asia and get laid.

Serenity

Reaction score
The black pill is essentially the same as being a full blown incel. Women are bad, the game is rigged, there's no hope etc.

The red pill is to be aware that women can do bad things, but this awareness enables you to build defenses against it and weed out the bad ones.

The blue pill contrasts with the red pill in that there's a lack of awareness and skepticism of what women are capable of, obviously there's a high risk of ending up with a bad woman.

The black pill crowd is more lost than the blue pill crowd. The blue pillers at least have potential to learn, the black pillers are arrogantly locked into their wrong views on women which keeps being validated exactly because they hold those views. Women treat them as they are, trash.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Red pill - they’ll do ANYTHING to get laid. Their whole life revolves around women women women. They eat sleep breathe women. I’ve read their forums before on Reddit and I swear they don’t do anything else but talk about how to get women. They workout…..to get women. They dress a certain way…..to get women. To me they’re very thirsty.

black pill - this varies from what I’ve seen. It can be everything from the incel crowd to the mgtow crowd. They aren’t focused on getting women, they’re just observing from the outside and watching it burn around them.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The black pill is essentially the same as being a full blown incel. Women are bad, the game is rigged, there's no hope etc.
So there has been no change at all in the past 10 years as it pertains to social media, dating app, and the extreme hypergamy that is happening because of changes in technology and culture?

Serenity said:
The red pill is to be aware that women can do bad things, but this awareness enables you to build defenses against it and weed out the bad ones.
That only works if you have other options of course, the abundance mindset, otherwise how would you differentiate that with the black pill if you cant make that volume? So if you can generate a volume of women you are red-pill since you can choose the best and weed out the worst. If you are SOL in the looks/genetic/circumstance department and cant generate that volume, and can't really weed out the worst ones, then you are blackpill if you refuse to deal with the one bad option you have?

Serenity said:
The blue pill contrasts with the red pill in that there's a lack of awareness and skepticism of what women are capable of, obviously there's a high risk of ending up with a bad woman.
That's another low option scenario. People can only choose the best from the options that they have. So someone who willfully engages a bad option from a point of scarcity is blue-pill, and someone who wisely chooses not to engage is black-pill, and someone who has more than enough options to be able to weed out bad ones is red-pill?

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So there has been no change at all in the past 10 years as it pertains to social media, dating app, and the extreme hypergamy that is happening because of changes in technology and culture?

That only works if you have other options of course, the abundance mindset, otherwise how would you differentiate that with the black pill if you cant make that volume? So if you can generate a volume of women you are red-pill since you can choose the best and weed out the worst. If you are SOL in the looks/genetic/circumstance department and cant generate that volume, and can't really weed out the worst ones, then you are blackpill if you refuse to deal with the one bad option you have?

That's another low option scenario. People can only choose the best from the options that they have. So someone who willfully engages a bad option from a point of scarcity is blue-pill, and someone who wisely chooses not to engage is black-pill, and someone who has more than enough options to be able to weed out bad ones is red-pill?
I feel like you are in an existential crisis.

Most people here were not influenced into these beliefs, they took to them based on their personal experiences... I feel like you are trying to have us convince you, when none of us can and we all know it except you.

All the information is here, I've saw you reference it, talk about it, but I'm wondering how much of it your actually putting into practice because you keep sliding back into this hopelessness.

Who cares if it's BP or RP, all we care about is the P, attach whatever you like to it but just go get it or don't.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Red pill and Black pill are two sides of the same coin. One side believes that if you learn game, socially calibrate, work your numbers game, you can get a decent woman regardless of your status in life, or your looks. All these things help but they are not the be all and end off if you can land someone. The Blackpill on the other hands suggests you should just go to Asia and get laid.

So black pill is basically people stuck in the red pill anger phase and never moving onto the next stage?

black pill - this varies from what I’ve seen. It can be everything from the incel crowd to the mgtow crowd. They aren’t focused on getting women, they’re just observing from the outside and watching it burn around them.
I feel like MGTOWs are the ones who accepted the incel life and are okay with it, the others are still in denial.

BP contends that looks are #1 for attracting women. In other words, women are actually more visual than men. That’s it in a nutshell.
That honestly is stupid though, women are not as visual as men. It's like manlets blaming everything on height discrimination.

TheProspect

Reaction score
Red pill - they’ll do ANYTHING to get laid. Their whole life revolves around women women women. They eat sleep breathe women. I’ve read their forums before on Reddit and I swear they don’t do anything else but talk about how to get women. They workout…..to get women. They dress a certain way…..to get women. To me they’re very thirsty.

You've said that you are black pilled, so I like how you gave the black pill definition a charitable view, suggesting there's various interpretations of what the black pill is... which is fine...

... but for the red pill you gave a very narrow perspective of what YOU think the red pill is, a perspective that anyone who self-identifies as "red-pilled" most likely wouldn't share with you.

Anyways...

I keep seeing people talk about this, but what exactly is it? Some guys say it means looks matter and others say it's a bleak outlook on the world.

But aren't those two just the red pill? What exactly is blackpill supposed to be?
Essentially, the red and blue pills are a Matrix reference...

In the context of women and dating,

Blue pill = ignorance; misguided thinking & behaviour rooted in idealism

Red pill = reality; pragmatic thinking & behaviour rooted in understanding women's true nature

Purple pill = red pill understanding of women's true nature, but retention of blue pill idealistic desires

Black pill = external blame used as rationalization for one's lack of success with women; belief that the game is stacked against men, specifically those who are not in the top tier of looks; often a bitter mindset held by incels and groups such as MGTOW

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So black pill is basically people stuck in the red pill anger phase and never moving onto the next stage?
My understanding is that black pill people think that looks are #1, and that if you don't have the looks the women aren't going to be attracted to you. You may still get a hot woman if you are rich or famous, but the woman won't genuinely be attracted to you, she will be using you for her benefit. She will only truly be attracted to the hot looking guys.

Black pill people are not necessarily angry, but I don't know of any black pillers who aren't. If you were a black pill Chad, for instance, I imagine you'd be happy about the way things are working out for you. But most Chads will say they get women because of their great game. I guess because that gives them more credit than just winning the genetic lottery.

I'm surprised there is such a variety of answers here.

Serenity

Reaction score
@corrector are you unironically defending the black pill? The options are ALWAYS limited by the pathetic perspective blackpillers have against women. They could have a lot more options, but they're too fvcking retarded to realize that their worst enemy is themselves and not the world.

It can be everything from the incel crowd to the mgtow crowd
There's a difference? It's the same crowd just calling themselves different names.

Yeah, but not only stuck, digging themselves further into that pit of despair. Someone so far that they go out to kill people they blame for their own poor decisions.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@corrector are you unironically defending the black pill? The options are ALWAYS limited by the pathetic perspective blackpillers have against women. They could have a lot more options, but they're too fvcking retarded to realize that their worst enemy is themselves and not the world.
You dont seem to get the point. One guy, lets say a sub5 that is generally ignored by women, gets a break and finds a woman that takes him on, this end up being bad woman option. The bluepill guy will go for it based on an idealistic view. The redpill will go for it if they are hard up enough because when you look at the threads here, no real screening is going on for a slump buster. The blackpill mindset will pass on the bad option because there are many more important things in life than sex.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You dont seem to get the point. One guy, lets say a sub5 that is generally ignored by women, gets a break and finds a woman that takes him on, this end up being bad woman option. The bluepill guy will go for it based on an idealistic view. The redpill will go for it if they are hard up enough because when you look at the threads here, no real screening is going on for a slump buster. The blackpill mindset will pass on the bad option because there are many more important things in life than sex.
Most BP guys I know and I'm aware of a few from the small town I grew up in, luckily none of the guys I bullied or I'd feel terrible about myself, their problems run deeper than just being salvageable by some woman who gives him a break.

Your in this mindset that if you'd just get with a woman, you wouldn't really be black pill, but in my opinion the woman isn't the problem, she can come and go but the guy is a BP for reasons other than women, so sure, he should focus on those things before women, hence why purpose is preached, a BP man on his purpose is a step up, no question

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most BP guys I know and I'm aware of a few from the small town I grew up in, luckily none of the guys I bullied or I'd feel terrible about myself, their problems run deeper than just being salvageable by some woman who gives him a break.

Your in this mindset that if you'd just get with a woman, you wouldn't really be black pill, but in my opinion the woman isn't the problem, she can come and go but the guy is a BP for reasons other than women, so sure, he should focus on those things before women, hence why purpose is preached, a BP man on his purpose is a step up, no question
What type of guys did you bully?

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've said that you are black pilled, so I like how you gave the black pill definition a charitable view, suggesting there's various interpretations of what the black pill is... which is fine...

... but for the red pill you gave a very narrow perspective of what YOU think the red pill is, a perspective that anyone who self-identifies as "red-pilled" most likely wouldn't share with you.

Anyways...

Essentially, the red and blue pills are a Matrix reference...

In the context of women and dating,

Blue pill = ignorance; misguided thinking & behaviour rooted in idealism

Red pill = reality; pragmatic thinking & behaviour rooted in understanding women's true nature

Purple pill = red pill understanding of women's true nature, but retention of blue pill idealistic desires

Black pill = external blame used as rationalization for one's lack of success with women; belief that the game is stacked against men, specifically those who are not in the top tier of looks; often a bitter mindset held by incels and groups such as MGTOW
I don’t identify as anything really. Someone on another thread labeled me black pill so I ran with it. I’m definitely not red pill though because they’re still chasing sex like they’d die without it. I’m not sure I’m blackpill because I don’t sit around blaming others for my lack of success with women, I honestly don’t think about it much to be honest. The thing about my lack of success is I HAD tons of success in my teens and 20’s, I’ve struggled in my 30’s. Not to get dates, those have been easy to come by, but to get anything meaningful out of them.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

In the early days, there was only the blue pill and red pill. Blue pill meant you didnt understand how women really worked, red pill meant you did. Both were behavioral, saying that looks didnt really matter to women, it was all about your behavior. This means that you are in almost complete control of whether a particular woman is attracted to you or not.

The black pill arose as a reaction to the red pill, especially to the PUA scene, particularly by people (like FACEandLMS) who had believed in PUA but gotten progressively disillusioned. They started to emphasise how important looks were to women. This also means that you are less in control about whether a particular woman is attracted to you or not.

In 2021 the original tenets of the black pill have pretty much become mainstream in the manosphere, just like political positions that were radical 200 years ago are mainstream today. This is why you ask "isnt saying that looks matter just the red pill? how is that black pill?". Saying "looks matter to women" was the original black pill, but since the Overton Window shifts over time, now "the red pill" considers that a mainstream tenet as well.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
It is interesting why women almost never recommended “game” to their guy friends that were struggling. (And still don’t today.)

The PUA rebuttal to that is “Women don’t want guys to learn the secret to attracting them” lol.

Maybe women knew something all along that guys took the past 20 years to discover.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when you have few 3's have the audacity to go wishy washy on you, when your at minimum an accomplished 6-7 .....

you can kind of feel sorry for the black pill guys