Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who is planning to see Tenet 2020?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a Christopher Nolan movie released last week in the cinemas here and probably in some parts of the USA.

Not ranked the best of his movies, but most visually arresting with the action sequences.

Anyone planning to brave the pandemic to watch this?

I'm on the fence and will probably wait until this hits digital. If something happens in November or sooner, I probably wouldn't care much about this movie either way.

Any other thoughts? Did anyone actually go out to see this?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely will.
I've already been watching movies at the theaters. No big deal as everyone is spaced apart.

I'm a huge Christopher Nolan fan. Inception is still one of my all time favorites. :up:

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I want to, I've been looking for a girl to go with me since i just hate going to the movies alone. It's q Nolan movie and he hasn't made anything i dislike yet

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to, I've been looking for a girl to go with me since i just hate going to the movies alone. It's q Nolan movie and he hasn't made anything i dislike yet
This is an interesting comment because I had that mindset back in 2002. This was intended to encourage me to socialize with women or engage with them because it was really the only thing I had to work with. At first was to have a conversation with a woman about movies, and if she recommended one she liked in particular that was playing, then I'd go and watch it by myself. The next phase was to take women out with me to the movies and watch with her.

I've gone out to the movies with at least 4 different women in the 00s decade, and my ex-gf/ex-wf (2 women) in the 10s decade (most of the women of course for more than just one movie). Since 2015 I've been viewing movies alone, except one time in December, 2016, where I looked at Star Wars: Rogue One with my female cousin. I guess if you watch them with male buddies/cousins it doesn't count in your register? I've watched some movies in 2019 decade with my male cousin. What about Covid? If you don't know the woman well, could she pass that on to you since you'll be sitting next to her?

In memory of movies, I don't see a drastic difference between movies viewed solo or with someone, in terms of the experience re-watching them later if it hits a streaming platform. For example, a good number of 2002-2004 movies I re-watched in 2017 when I got a new TV were movies I had watched solo. The recent Christopher Nolan movies, Interstellar (2014), Inception (2010), and Dunkirk (2017) was watched solo. I remember seeing Dunkirk in August 7, 2017 on IMAX. Watching his movies on IMAX really makes the difference.

Last edited:

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
This is an interesting comment because I had that mindset back in 2002. This was intended to encourage me to socialize with women or engage with them because it was really the only thing I had to work with. At first was to have a conversation with a woman about movies, and if she recommended one she liked in particular that was playing, then I'd go and watch it by myself. The next phase was to take women out with me to the movies and watch with her.

I've gone out to the movies with at least 4 different women in the 00s decade, and my ex-gf/ex-wf (2 women) in the 10s decade (most of the women of course for more than just one movie). Since 2015 I've been viewing movies alone, except one time in December, 2016, where I looked at Star Wars: Rogue One with my female cousin. I guess if you watch them with male buddies/cousins it doesn't count in your register? I've watched some movies in 2019 decade with my male cousin. What about Covid? If you don't know the woman well, could she pass that on to you since you'll be sitting next to her?

In memory of movies, I don't see a drastic difference between movies viewed solo or with someone, in terms of the experience re-watching them later if it hits a streaming platform. For example, a good number of 2002-2004 movies I re-watched in 2017 when I got a new TV were movies I had watched solo. The recent Christopher Nolan movies, Interstellar (2014), Inception (2010), and Dunkirk (2017) was watched solo. I remember seeing Dunkirk in August 7, 2017 on IMAX. Watching his movies on IMAX really makes the difference.
I like to see movies with people so i have someone to talk about the movie afterwards with, especially if it's a good movie. It's really fun to go out for lunch after and talk about the movie.

When i go alone, i watch the movie than go straight home usually and that's it.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to see movies with people so i have someone to talk about the movie afterwards with, especially if it's a good movie. It's really fun to go out for lunch after and talk about the movie.

When i go alone, i watch the movie than go straight home usually and that's it.
To each their own. I definitely don't have that problem. Since 2016 I have discovered a proliferation of video reviews of movies off youtube. You've got movie reviews, spoiler reviews, various analysis, trailers, trailer reviews, I believe for each 1 hour of movie, there must be 2 hours of side content ABOUT the movie on youtube. In fact it's these type of reviews that have hyped me up to see some movies I wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Even movies on Netflix or other streaming platforms or are otherwise 10 years old are getting the youtube-movie review treatment.

When I went out with women, then after the movie there was not much to discuss in terms of the movie. Maybe the women I've seen in the past were just dull in the movie analysis department, lol! The best high-octane reviews I've watched on video are from with Grace Randolf, for example from "Beyond the Trailer" channel, or Jeremy Jahns/Chris Stuckerman, or even new movie reviewers that have come up.
Sometime I play the review on my smartphone, hook it up to the car, and listen to a review/spoiler review (which re-caps the movie in a deep analysis) while I'm driving home from the cinema so it feels like I have company. Did this was the last Terminator movie.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
To each their own. I definitely don't have that problem. Since 2016 I have discovered a proliferation of video reviews of movies off youtube. You've got movie reviews, spoiler reviews, various analysis, trailers, trailer reviews, I believe for each 1 hour of movie, there must be 2 hours of side content ABOUT the movie on youtube. In fact it's these type of reviews that have hyped me up to see some movies I wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Even movies on Netflix or other streaming platforms or are otherwise 10 years old are getting the youtube-movie review treatment.

When I went out with women, then after the movie there was not much to discuss in terms of the movie. Maybe the women I've seen in the past were just dull in the movie analysis department, lol! The best high-octane reviews I've watched on video are from with Grace Randolf, for example from "Beyond the Trailer" channel, or Jeremy Jahns/Chris Stuckerman, or even new movie reviewers that have come up.
Sometime I play the review on my smartphone, hook it up to the car, and listen to a review/spoiler review (which re-caps the movie in a deep analysis) while I'm driving home from the cinema so it feels like I have company. Did this was the last Terminator movie.
Thr less mainstream movies tgat make u think or ones that are older i generally watch alone since nobody really but me wants to see those.

I've been to the cinema a few times alone and seeing everyone else there with friends did bring me down tbh

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been to the cinema a few times alone and seeing everyone else there with friends did bring me down tbh
Okay, that's interesting. What about if you had a girlfriend that wasn't into movies at all, or only into chick-flicks and didn't like that type of movie and passed, or was busy at work or had her own schedule and you went alone to a movie theater? Would that make a difference to know knowing that you "had" someone?

What you are saying is true in all areas that you go out in public as well. If you go the grocery store and see people shopping who are coupled up, then you'll feel bad, but are you really going to wait until you find a girl to go grocery shopping with if you need something? When I bike in trails and see couples, sure, it may not feel great, but if I need to exercise and see the benefit of outdoor exercise, am I going to just stay home? All areas you go out in public with isn't as great if you are a thirsty dude, including theaters, so I may agree with you on that level. But I'd also say that a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic movie release shouldn't be the type of movie you really need to go with a woman or anyone. Also, most women like chick-flicks, or date night movies, and may not be into action thriller types of movies.

If you watch Tenet on Imax, and wear a mask, then I think you won't care about if someone is sitting beside you or not.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watched Tenet last night on my tablet in bed. I made this thread earlier and bought the movie when it hit digital but didn't have the time allocation to open it, and after a while of itching to watch this, I finally watched the rest of the movie.

I felt SO weird after viewing the movie. It plays with your mind. I felt dizzy. I've never felt that dizzy viewing a movie like that, since Matrix: Reloaded (2003), and it was on a very small 8 inch screen (arguably a small HD screen is very sharp and I'm watching it close). Going forward while everything is going on reverse, and the end of the movie is at the beginning and beginning is at the end. Will likely watch this again soon. It sort of reminds me of Edge of Tomorrow, 2014 (but I liked Edge of Tomorrow better because it was more of a fun-watch (Tenet feels more like a jigsaw puzzle in a movie) and had a snappy end-credit song). Despite feeling jarringly dizzy I was able to fall asleep.