"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Members who reacted to message #5

All (8) Haha Haha (5) Like Like (3)

    1. Like

      soulforge

      Master Don Juan
      • Messages
        6,239
      • Reaction score
        4,962
    2. Haha

      Aeterna

      Don Juan 33
      • Messages
        35
      • Reaction score
        54
    3. Haha

      oldmanofthesea

      Master Don Juan 50
      • Messages
        1,573
      • Reaction score
        3,272
    4. Like

      andreihaha

      Master Don Juan 33
      • Messages
        866
      • Reaction score
        830
    5. Haha

      logicallefty

      Moderator 52 From Northeast Florida, USA
      • Messages
        6,000
      • Reaction score
        5,151
    6. Haha

      sosumba

      Don Juan
      • Messages
        169
      • Reaction score
        87
    7. Haha

      powersize

      Senior Don Juan 32 From Europe
      • Messages
        330
      • Reaction score
        216
    8. Like

      Hamurabimbi

      Master Don Juan From California
      • Messages
        4,117
      • Reaction score
        3,613
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top