Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Will moving to a new area help me meet women?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometime next summer I'm planning on moving to the Phoenix area, specifically Scottsdale, for school. I'm currently living in Tucson, a smaller area but with a decent sized population, and I am having a really hard time getting a date out here. While my move is not for the reason of trying to meet women I've been trying to figure out if my chances there will actually be much better or not, as I just feel like where I am currently at is a dead zone for me.

In my area most are already in relationships, so naturally that is out of the picture. However, with the women I have met out here the one thing that I can say for many of them is that they are bat**** crazy. I've had women ask ME out just so they could flake and ghost on a scheduled date. A couple years ago I met a woman who was a politically active communist/marxist. Go to speed dating events and get no matches with a bunch of 3/10s.....the list goes on and on.

I've been more proactive with trying to meet women when I'm out and about. A few weeks ago I was at Costco and approached one of the workers there, I had noticed her folding clothes when I was on my way to the cash register and decided to talk to her. Anyway, we spoke for about 5 minutes and I find out she is much older than me, though I thought she was maybe 40, and decided to ask her out which was when she mentioned she was married.

I mean, I'm 6'4", attractive, have a nice body and in really good shape, have stuff going on in my life, have a good group of friends and all that yet have no luck with dating lol. I just don't know if I should be doing something different where I am at now or if a move to a new area will yield better results for me.

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay it doesn't matter where you move you'll get the same results. It's not the place you live. The overall culture is feminist related.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay it doesn't matter where you move you'll get the same results. It's not the place you live. The overall culture is feminist related.
I'm not sure that is the reason why dating is hard for me but maybe you are right.

AlphaDraconis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take the red pill, boy. It doesn’t matter where you live, it’s all about looks, money, status. Dating guru frauds tell you, you need confidence and all this crap, but if a woman ain’t digging you from the get go, then how can you feel confident enough to mack on her? All you can do is beg shamelessly until she, perhaps, pities you enough to date you, but she’ll never truly want to get intimate with a guy she doesn’t find attractive + she’ll resent you and treat you like crap. Most guys in this position tolerate it because they’re grateful to have a few breadcrumbs thrown their way. Only potential solution is to somehow improve face and physique and make money. No other way around it. I used to have chicks dig me lots when I had full head of hair, but my hair started receding, so did interest from girls. I had a hair transplant 5 months back, the hair has grown back great. Guess what? So has interest from women. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

sexymanman

Banned
Reaction score
I mean, I'm 6'4", attractive, have a nice body and in really good shape, have stuff going on in my life, have a good group of friends and all that yet have no luck with dating lol.

Do you realise that maybe your doing it incorrect?

None of this stuff gets women.

girls will want to hang around you if they are comfortable around you. girls will want to hang around you if they feel safe with you. girls will want to hang around you if they trust you.

Last edited:

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean, I'm 6'4", attractive, have a nice body and in really good shape, have stuff going on in my life, have a good group of friends and all that yet have no luck with dating lol.

Do you realise that maybe your doing it incorrect?

None of this stuff gets women.

girls will want to hang around you if they are comfortable around you. girls will want to hang around you if they feel safe with you. girls will want to hang around you if they trust you.
Not sure if you are trolling or serious. If a woman finds none of those qualities attractive something is wrong with her.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the moment you think its the place the problem, its time for you to stop and really look at yourself, you really do belive changing places will change anything? things will change when you change, staying like a statue will not bring woman

sexymanman

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if you are trolling or serious. If a woman finds none of those qualities attractive something is wrong with her.
maybe sit outside a club eating a apple and a banana at night and have girls approach you somehow telling you its attractive that your eating fruit. I've field tested that. didn't actually do it on purpose though to get that reaction. just needed my two fruit for the day and I was hungry.

AbleDad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Location matters. I spoke with a lady from Scottsdale a couple months ago. She found dating in Scottsdale to be a lot more competitive than Seattle, where she lived previously. So, you should find that dating will be easier for you.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know where you're coming from with this. I live in seattle and half the women are SJW land whales or brainwashed virtuesignallers, but the weather is what makes me want to leave.

But the reality is that the change of location itself is what's going to make the difference for you. Meeting new people is going to be required and you get to push the reset button to a degree.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know where you're coming from with this. I live in seattle and half the women are SJW land whales or brainwashed virtuesignallers, but the weather is what makes me want to leave.

But the reality is that the change of location itself is what's going to make the difference for you. Meeting new people is going to be required and you get to push the reset button to a degree.
Honestly, I'm in a place right now where I feel like making new friends would not be all that much of a challenge for me. Also, several of my friends out here are considering moving up to Phoenix area, one is looking to go to grad school at ASU. Even if they did stay in Tucson, which is only about a 90 minute drive away from Phoenix, I would still be able to see them quite regularly.

The way I see it, I'll be in school, specifically a physical therapy program, so naturally it will be easy to meet people through that of course. On top of this I'm still going to be a regular gym goer and continue doing active pastimes, hiking especially. I'm sure there will also be a lot of dating events and socials, as it is a much bigger area.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I said in my post in the other thread Phoenix/Scottsdale is good.

Location can in fact matter.

The other place I regularly spend time is in the rural Midwest. The quality people there are married with families and the single life out there is laughable to non-existant compared to PHX. Added to that is the fact that I don't relate to the people in the Midwest. I out earn most of them and there aren't accomplished attractive successful single women there. In PHX there are plenty of women like me so I have a great friend group and a full social calendar. There are single men in PHX I actually respect and look up to. Not so in the Midwest area. There are great men...all are attached and have been for years. So its a wonderful place to raise a family, but a lousy place to be dating.

I actually do fine in LA, the OC and NYC too when I get to those places. If you keep yourself up and sharp you'll do fine in any reasonable environment. Seattle is so liberal and so rainy that its harder to dress well and the weather works against beauty in some ways, as shallow as that sounds, its true. People are more active and happier where the weather is better too, and more active fit people gravitate to those areas. Such a high percentage of women are obese in the Midwest. Even in the cities.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I said in my post in the other thread Phoenix/Scottsdale is good.

Location can in fact matter.

The other place I regularly spend time is in the rural Midwest. The quality people there are married with families and the single life out there is laughable to non-existant compared to PHX. Added to that is the fact that I don't relate to the people in the Midwest. I out earn most of them and there aren't accomplished attractive successful single women there. In PHX there are plenty of women like me so I have a great friend group and a full social calendar. There are single men in PHX I actually respect and look up to. Not so in the Midwest area. There are great men...all are attached and have been for years. So its a wonderful place to raise a family, but a lousy place to be dating.

I actually do fine in LA, the OC and NYC too when I get to those places. If you keep yourself up and sharp you'll do fine in any reasonable environment. Seattle is so liberal and so rainy that its harder to dress well and the weather works against beauty in some ways, as shallow as that sounds, its true. People are more active and happier where the weather is better too, and more active fit people gravitate to those areas. Such a high percentage of women are obese in the Midwest. Even in the cities.
Why do you say euphemisms like "accomplished" and "successful" when you simply mean "rich", but you never use that actual word? Or do you actually just mean to spell out that "success" is wealth? Or is it a high status?

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not so in the Midwest area. There are great men...all are attached and have been for years. So its a wonderful place to raise a family, but a lousy place to be dating.
Considering all the horror stories on here about how trashy, crazy, and worthless most single women are, and if there are couples oriented women in the Midwest, I'd say it might be a good place to be dating.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Considering all the horror stories on here about how trashy, crazy, and worthless most single women are, and if there are couples oriented women in the Midwest, I'd say it might be a good place to be dating.
I agree for the younger demographic. But the pickings are naturally slim. I know great couples - for example one who just married in their early 20s. One set of parents live 2 doors to the north of my house on the same side of the street...the other set of parents live three doors down to the south on the opposite side of the street. Both sets of parents are in happy stable marriages and both sets are prominent and respected in the community. The young couple has 2 small children now and fully support from both sets of parents and they are INTO each other and have stellar examples to follow insofar as marriage goes. They were high school sweethearts and never dated around aside from each other...just like both sets of parents.

I know other couples like this who married VERY young and figured life out together. My own high school senior son has been dating his GF for just about a year now. They have not had sex yet (as reported to both me and to his father as well.) Because my son has come of age in this conservative area the girls families take him seriously. His GF is sweet, loves him, from a solid business family in town, and so forth.

Once you get into the 20s and 30s in the area outside the collegiate demographic the women (if they are single) have young children, are hardened, have little opportunity or ambition besides finding a guy who they can fleece for resources, and they are not sweet and innocent anymore. Any many have developed beer guts and smoking habits too. Not good.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you say euphemisms like "accomplished" and "successful" when you simply mean "rich", but you never use that actual word? Or do you actually just mean to spell out that "success" is wealth? Or is it a high status?
I do not consider myself "rich". Rich to me means ability to live at one's leisure without needing to actively support oneself through creating an income. I still have to get out there and earn a living. I make a solid living, but it's not passive entirely and I have limits on what I can do and spend. I am comfortable enough and provide well for my family, but that isn't "rich" in my book. I'd say I'm upper middle class by US standards. And I've arranged my lifestyle to suit myself and have performed well enough in my field that I can work independently, be choosy about clients, schedule, etc. But that is all the result of hard work and solid performance in my field over many years. It didn't fall in my lap I assure you.

I use words in an exacting fashion. Accomplished means to accomplish something in life and that something may or may not be tied to monetary gain. Successful means being oriented toward ambition and having habits that attract and facilitate success and success minded thinking. That isn't the same as "rich". If you think those things are interchangeable then you don't have the experience to understand the difference.

Not trying to be a snot but give that a think.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use words in an exacting fashion. Accomplished means to accomplish something in life and that something may or may not be tied to monetary gain. Successful means being oriented toward ambition and having habits that attract and facilitate success and success minded thinking. That isn't the same as "rich". If you think those things are interchangeable then you don't have the experience to understand the difference.

Not trying to be a snot but give that a think.
Accomplishment and success are primarily internal judgements that are dependent on the person's own consideration. Wealth and status on the other hand, like formal education, are external judgements that either must be defined by others to have effect and are in effect simply because others define they are (status, formal education) or is defined materially in relation to others (wealth). Accomplishment and success in other words are ambiguous terms, which your own explanations of them shows, while wealth and status are not. You are thus not using the words in an "exacting manner", as you are projecting your own (still ambiguous) sense of accomplishment and success - which is fine, but certainly not the only way to use those terms. Case in point - if someone considers themselves successful but you don't, they still are according to themselves. But if you perceive them as having low status, then that's what they have.

That's why I wanted to pin down what you mean but don't say, but including not defining yourself as "rich" (meaning you 'successfully' wash your hands off the term) and still being ambiguous in the definitions you did give, you sidestepped that quite well.

Don't switch that around on me miss, I never suggested being successful was interchangeable with being rich but rather suggested you did ;)

PS. I mean you no ill whatever your criteria or definitions are, I just prefer them being stood for rather than using what I perceive as popular euphemisms. Just say what you really mean.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Location matters to me. I grew up in a medium-small Midwestern city with very little variety and most women were not physically my type. Trying to force the issue when there's no attraction is pointless for everyone. And if it's not big enough to provide new opportunities consistently, it just feels like a fishbowl to me.

I now know I need 1) at least around a million people; 2) coastline and 3) a decent immigrant population. Everywhere I've lived post-college has checked those boxes.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP: Have you read any books on game and male-female dynamics?