Who here wants to get married and why?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a women has a history of going through men and boyfriends like Kleenex, why on earth do you think she'll stick with you for 20-30 years? Even 5? Because she was struck by lightening and magically just transformed into another totally different person?

Seriously?!

You're going to be the guy we hear about whose ex wife took him to the cleaners because he was "lovestruck" and totally blind to who she really was despite 100-foot red flags.
Good. This is a different discussion brought by Augustus altogether. I do agree that a woman’s ability to pair bond diminishes with each sexual partner, not only exclusive partner. BUT, notwithstanding this, the success rate of a marriage is commensurate upon her social/biblical indoctrination and culture rather or more so than her ability to pair-bond.

Not to be confused with this meaning you will be happy in a marrriage with a woman who is less likely to pair-bond.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you stating (to the degree of LMFAO) that the specific number of exclusive relations that a girl has had holds greater significance to a marriage’s success rate than her social and biblical indoctrinated views on marriage?

Though this wasn’t my position, but since you brought it up, explain.
My comment was only responding to your statement that a woman's past is irrelevant. To the contrary, it is always relevant.

-Augustus-

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might be onto something. I dated a couple girls that told me this. The relationships were REALLY fd up and both were cheaters. Please explain the potential red flag?
Some men are physically abusive. But not that many, percentage wise.

Also, you have to wonder about a woman who has been involved with physically abusive men. Did she immediately leave afterward or did she stay and try to "fix him" ?

Was she really "abused" or is she playing the victim card?

And how was she "mentally" abused? Was she really mentally abused? Was she as verbally and mentally abusive as he was?

Too many questions to answer...

Bottom line, almost every woman I've met that told me this wound up being a truckload of trouble and problems on her own.

-Augustus-

That_dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some men are physically abusive. But not that many, percentage wise.

Also, you have to wonder about a woman who has been involved with physically abusive men. Did she immediately leave afterward or did she stay and try to "fix him" ?

Was she really "abused" or is she playing the victim card?

And how was she "mentally" abused? Was she really mentally abused? Was she as verbally and mentally abusive as he was?

Too many questions to answer...

Bottom line, almost every woman I've met that told me this wound up being a truckload of trouble and problems on her own.

-Augustus-
Agreed. I played a huge part in things not working out. Learned a lot from my mistakes in those relationships. But they were both a truckload of trouble

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to be confused with this meaning you will be happy in a marrriage with a woman who is less likely to pair-bond.
Please explain. My experiences in dating post separation/divorce the last two years with younger women ages 27~31,I haven’t been able to pair bond with them.

They get drunk on attention and options from OLD and social media that their interest level has become rediculously difficult to sustain after 1-2 months of dating.

All this behavior is noticeable even though I see other plates, take care of myself, don’t act needy, don’t over-text, priority on career, social life outside of her, etc.

The part where I accept responsibility in is failure to screen, dating women who are too dominant or too experienced in dating and frame folds.

I want to believe in marrying again, Guru, i’m just skeptical with the women i’m finding out there in the field...

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Not too sharp Tenacity. Quick recap:

1) Girl states she had one or two ex bfs;
2) Tenacity states, “I don’t believe her.”
3) Guru states it’s irrelevant (whether you believe her as the discussion is not about Tenacity’s belief, which would be cynical irrespectively, in the girl’s past but the statistical chance of a marriage working based on her culture, which encompasses certain social and structural indoctrination of familial/marital values).
Lol, don't try to play that "semantics" game with me again. You specifically said that her past is irrelevant, who she was in the Past is irrelevant, and what she's done in the Past is irrelevant. That's what YOU said, so don't try to clean it up and change the meaning of anything right now, because what you said is right there on the screen for everybody to see.

Are you stating (to the degree of LMFAO) that the specific number of exclusive relations that a girl has had holds greater significance to a marriage’s success rate than her social and biblical indoctrinated views on marriage?
YES! You can't turn a wh0re into a housewife Sir. Do you know how many women I know who are Christian, go to Church often, involved in Church ministry, whose parents are still married, grandparents stayed married.......but behind the scenes the chick is a major freaking wh0re? I know countless women like this dude. There's no way you can call this woman a Unicorn or anything special whatsoever. You are literally turning a wh0re into a housewife with this situation.

This is why I keep coming back to the same question, as to WHY would this woman be 25 - 35 and not married yet? Most of the very decent and quality women, are married by 20 - 22 and they stay married to the dude they started dating in high school or early college. That's the truth.

The chicks who are 25 - 40 on Match.com or wherever, talking about she's "looking for her King" and how "God-fearing" she is....are mainly chicks that have rode every ride in the dyck amusement park and are now trying to change their "image" so as to dupe someone (like you) into thinking they are special unicorns that deserve marriage.

This is a different discussion brought by Augustus altogether. I do agree that a woman’s ability to pair bond diminishes with each sexual partner, not only exclusive partner. BUT, notwithstanding this, the success rate of a marriage is commensurate upon her social/biblical indoctrination and culture rather or more so than her ability to pair-bond..
Dude this makes no sense whatsoever. IF the chicks you were describing were still virgins at 25 - 28, then maybe (maybeeee) I would give them a pass as to "saving themselves" for someone special and maybe (just maybeeee) that special someone hasn't come along yet. But the chance of finding an American chick that's 25 - 28 that hasn't fvcked yet are lower than hitting the Powerball/Mega Millions Jackpot.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Resilient, I don't take the stand-alone position that a girl's high notch count--and thus her inability to pair bond--means she is not likely to stay in a marital relation, without other mitigating factors considered. There are plenty examples of these "wh0res" that ride the c0ck carousel who marry and don't divorce.

The problem with women with high-notch counts are:

1) She likely banged a guy of higher SMV than you, thus you will always be second-tier in her mind;
2) She likely lost her ability to pair-bond, so you lose a vital part of an emotional connection that could otherwise be had with women with lower counts;
3) She may have a reputation, which could affect your reputation;
4) She doesn't view "love" and relational respect in the romanticized or same manner as women with a lower-notch counts.

For these reasons, I would base my decision not to marry this type of girl.
Resilient said:
They get drunk on attention and options from OLD and social media that their interest level has become rediculously difficult to sustain after 1-2 months of dating.
Here is an important distinction to the overall argument of the a certain culture/subset of women. I'll use arbitrary numbers to exemplify my point:

POF= 99.8% unsuitable marital contenders
Match = 99% unsuitable marital contenders
Within these communities I refer to (the "community")= 90% unsuitable contenders

My position is that not every girl in the community is suitable, but rather you may be 20 times more likely to find a suitable marital contender in the community as opposed to POF. You can't complain that all you find are roosters when shopping in a chicken ranch.

Last edited:

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, don't try to play that "semantics" game with me again. You specifically said that her past is irrelevant, who she was in the Past is irrelevant, and what she's done in the Past is irrelevant. That's what YOU said, so don't try to clean it up and change the meaning of anything right now, because what you said is right there on the screen for everybody to see.

YES! You can't turn a wh0re into a housewife Sir. Do you know how many women I know who are Christian, go to Church often, involved in Church ministry, whose parents are still married, grandparents stayed married.......but behind the scenes the chick is a major freaking wh0re? I know countless women like this dude. There's no way you can call this woman a Unicorn or anything special whatsoever. You are literally turning a wh0re into a housewife with this situation.

This is why I keep coming back to the same question, as to WHY would this woman be 25 - 35 and not married yet? Most of the very decent and quality women, are married by 20 - 22 and they stay married to the dude they started dating in high school or early college. That's the truth.

The chicks who are 25 - 40 on Match.com or wherever, talking about she's "looking for her King" and how "God-fearing" she is....are mainly chicks that have rode every ride in the dyck amusement park and are now trying to change their "image" so as to dupe someone (like you) into thinking they are special unicorns that deserve marriage.

Dude this makes no sense whatsoever. IF the chicks you were describing were still virgins at 25 - 28, then maybe (maybeeee) I would give them a pass as to "saving themselves" for someone special and maybe (just maybeeee) that special someone hasn't come along yet. But the chance of finding an American chick that's 25 - 28 that hasn't fvcked yet are lower than hitting the Powerball/Mega Millions Jackpot.
Let me remind you that it was I who had stated:
Guru1000 said:
I can't speak for all, but those whom I dated within this culture typically:

1) Starting dating later;
2) Had 1 or 2 LT bfs,
And you that stated:

Tenacity said:
You aren't telling me this woman hasn't had 10 solid candidates Guru. You aren't telling me that. You just have been sold a bill of goods and are being duped into thinking these chicks are anything "special". They seem just like the Bush Daughters to me, which are the typical WH0RES up until they get into their mid 20's or early 30's and are looking to settle down......then all of a sudden, the bytch becomes a Catholic Nun with supposedly only 1 sex partner her entire life.
This is your straw. So argue with yourself.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Let me remind you that it was I who had stated:

And you that stated:

This is your straw. So argue with yourself.
:cry::rofl::cry: look at Guru desperately trying to change the "meaning" of what he typed because he knows it utterly destroys his "argument". If the internet were written in pencil, Guru would have erased his comment a long time ago!

Resilient, I don't take the stand-alone position that a girl's high notch count--and thus her inability to pair bond--means she is not likely to stay in a marital relation, without other mitigating factors considered. There are plenty examples of these "wh0res" that ride the c0ck carousel who marry and don't divorce.
So his argument has gone from the chicks being special Unicorns, to now the chicks being like typical American "trash" who ride every ride in the Dyck Carnival but just so happen to stay married when they do decide to marry.

Dude you are all over the place. You are flip-flopping like hell.

The problem with women with high-notch counts are:

1) She likely banged a guy of higher SMV than you, thus you will always be second-tier in her mind;
2) She likely lost her ability to pair-bond, so you lose a vital part of an emotional connection that could otherwise be had with women with lower counts;
3) She may have a reputation, which could affect your reputation;
4) She doesn't view "love" and relational respect in the romanticized or same manner as women with a lower-notch counts.

For these reasons, I would base my decision not to marry this type of girl.
But dude you JUST SAID you would marry her........if she is socially programmed to view marriage in a "certain type of way" and comes from a particular "tradition". You JUST SAID this, now you are changing your position again?? :confused:

Sir, just drop this discussion lol.

Your positions and stances have changed more times than the image of your "Unicorn".......you know the chick that is a complete wh0re from 18 to 26 and then sometime around the middle of age 27, she becomes a Catholic Nun with only 1 sex partner, she has never did drugs, she has never took a drink, and hell, she's barely made any curse words her entire life. All she's been doing (bless her heart) is reading her little bible and volunteering at the homeless shelter this entire time, until her "King" comes along that "God" has sent for her to marry :cry::rofl::cry:

Here is an important distinction to the overall argument of the a certain culture/subset of women. I'll use arbitrary numbers to exemplify my point:

POF= 99.8% unsuitable marital contenders
Match = 99% unsuitable marital contenders
Within these communities I refer to (the "community")= 90% unsuitable contenders
Oh boy, another example of Guru "flip-flopping". I would have to dig up the thread and post, where you literally said that you get COUNTLESS "high quality women" from Online Dating. You actually said it in multiple posts as you were trying to slam me (and others) for saying that OLD mainly has trashy women on it but you (the mighty Guru) find countless high quality women on it.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity, there are zero inconsistencies in my position, so your points are moot.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahhh yes, the ever so present "why do you want to get married" thread. I have this guy on ignore because I can't quite learn from him, but I went onto SS today and was not automatically signed in and saw this thread. So I figure I shall respond in the same way that I had before and will copy and paste my quote from April. Some of you may remember it too, as it is not something you easily forget. Why do we want to get married? Well this is why:

/

Because that lifestyle is EASIER. It requires less energy overall with that lifestyle than it does the lifestyle you currently are following. As a law of nature, all living organisms strive to conserve energy.
Would you rather make your own dinner when you come home from work, have to shell out big bucks for some good food at a fancy diner or order unhealthy takeout all the time? Or would you rather have the food sitting on the table right when you get home?

Would rather have to wash and clean up after every single little thing, after all the dust or crumbs that you may have missed, have to fold up your laundry all nice and neat all the time, or even do your own laundry? Or would you rather have it all done for you when you get home?

Would rather have to dress up, meet up at random places with some chick you don't even know, have to always order her drinks so that she can lose her good judgement so that she might possibly sleep with you, have to pay for her all the time, all for her to possibly just use you, and waste your time? Hey maybe you do get laid but by the time you get home from the bar or club it's 9 or 10 at night and you got work in the morning so you are tired as hell having spent up all the time, energy, and cash on some hoe from the club last night. Or would you rather just come home, fvck your woman, and watch a movie with her or do some other things till you get tired?

Would you rather have sex the same way over and over again with some random girls you likely will never see again, maybe turn them into a plate and have sex multiple times with a little bit of variation in how you had sex last time? Or would you rather have sex with a woman where you two know each other's kinks and fetishes where you are doing some WILD **** that you can't ever talk about even to your bros?

Would you rather have to deal with the possibility of a random chick giving you and STD? Maybe you wrap it up but you know damn well you aren't feeling ****, and neither is she. Or know that you are clean with your significant other?

Would you rather go on vacation all by yourself once all your bros get married? Or be able to go with someone who can enjoy it?

Would you rather go out solo some nights to places generally meant for two or more people after your bros get married or drift apart? Or do it all by yourself and give off a first impression of being a creep or a weirdo?

Would you rather be able to (metaphorically) close your eyes for a few minutes knowing that someone has your back regardless of what anyone else can offer her? Or have to always be alert and ready for anything? I can keep going with these if you'd like, but you get the picture I'm painting here.

Now I know what you are all thinking? "Double, your an idiot if you think that's how marriages are really like". No guys, I'm actually not an idiot. I know these things RARELY ever happen AT ALL. But do you think other men do? The vast majority of men in the West don't know that women will not do ANY of these things anymore. But they think they do, and that is why they still want to get married. If women were still traditional in our fvcked up society, would you rather continue living the lifestyle you currently are living, or would you rather get married? Most men would want marriage. If the vast majority of men realized how women don't do sh!t nowadays, do you actually believe they would WANT to get married?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to get married. But there IS something wrong with the women of our current society.

/

Now here is something else that I found out since the time I have posted the above: the more energy an organism uses, the more quickly it dies. Why am I telling you this? Because some of you may say that it is a weakness of a man if you do not want to actively spin plates your whole life. The fact is, that type of lifestyle takes up more energy than a fantasy marriage does. If you do find a woman who does all the above, marry her. You will live longer. And as such, you will be able to enjoy her more than the woman you 'spin plates' with.

And all of that is why I WANT to get married (not that I will though...).

The hammer has fallen. I await a counter.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men here throw out statistics about 27%, 40%, 50% of marriages end in divorce.

What about everybody else? What about all the millions of happily married people out there? I don't buy the whole "oh well, they aren't happy anyway..."

Bull Crap. Many of them ARE happy. Many are PROUD of their marriages & children & families. They wear their marriage as a badge of success.

They smugly enjoy all the benefits that ITDG listed.

If a man wants marriage, don't apologize for that desire. Learn to choose wisely and vet properly. The DJ skillset can assist with that.

Those who squawk about no women etc etc etc all women being trash etc couldn't see a great woman if she were right before their eyes. They don't believe worthy women exist. That's like saying the Earth is flat. Some men are getting married and having success enjoying the benefits of the married lifestyle, so it DOES exist. It's not fantasyland at all.

Just makes those doing the squawking sound fearful and paranoid and imprisoned by a belief system that trusts no one.

And don't cry to me about financial risk. I was the spouse with the assets. I have been through family court (I managed to negotiate a settlement without going to court because I was at severe risk financially) with over 1M at stake plus minor kids and custody. I've been faced with that fire. Life has risk. Risk can be managed but never eliminated.

I don't care if people get married or not, but to fail to acknowledge that there are plenty of successful marriages out there in the world is kind of like denial of gravity.

You don't have to believe in gravity. But if you don't believe in it and you act on that faulty belief, you'll be just as dead stepping off a 10 story building. Gravity doesn't care what you think. It exists irrespective of what you believe.

Good happy marriages exist too, whether or not people here have seen one. Just because it's not something you've experienced doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Work on yourself. Become a man worth marrying and suddenly you'll be recognized by worthwhile women.

o_O

Last edited:

Papi

Banned
Reaction score

What about everybody else? What about all the millions of happily married people out there? I don't buy the whole "oh well, they aren't happy anyway..."

Bull Crap. Many of them ARE happy. Many are PROUD of their marriages & children & families. They wear their marriage as a badge of success.

If a man wants marriage, don't apologize for that desire. Learn to choose wisely and vet properly. The DJ skillset can assist with that.

Those who squawk about no women etc etc etc all women being trash etc couldn't see a great woman if she were right before their eyes. They don't believe worthy women exist. That's like saying the Earth is flat. Some men are getting married and having success enjoying the benefits of the married lifestyle, so it DOES exist. It's not fantasyland at all.

Just makes those doing the squawking sound paranoid and imprisoned by a belief system that trusts no one.

I don't care if people get married or not, but to fail to acknowledge that there are plenty of successful marriages out there in the world is kind of like denial of gravity.

You don't have to believe in gravity. But if you don't believe in it and you act on that faulty belief, you'll be just as dead stepping off a 10 story building. Gravity doesn't care what you think. It exists irrespective of what you believe.

Good happy marriages exist too, whether or not people here have seen one. Just because it's not something you've experienced doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

o_O
It's not the "dj skillset" you twit. It's called common sense. The "dj skillset" is for those trying to con others for ons.

Yet here you are a divorced woman talking "dj skillset" and acting more like a man than a woman by trying to water cooler one up men like a man talking about being "pro" marriage.

You and ponzi are just sucking up for brownie points from a longtime head mod recently talking about getting married.

And what you're clearly attempting to do is a tell that your "lives" revolve around ss and getting e patted on the head. Nothing more.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree Papi. The DJ skillset is useful in LTRs and marriage. My father was a master at it, and there are plenty of red pill marrieds out there who espouse the skillset as well.

My story is here for the reading Papi. Do a little research & educate yourself.

My story has zero bearing on the many successful marriages out there. Most of my friends & family are happily married for many years. I've given numerous illustrations here.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Just makes those doing the squawking sound fearful and paranoid and imprisoned by a belief system that trusts no one.

And don't cry to me about financial risk. I was the spouse with the assets. I have been through family court (I managed to negotiate a settlement without going to court because I was at severe risk financially) with over 1M at stake plus minor kids and custody. I've been faced with that fire. Life has risk. Risk can be managed but never eliminated.

Work on yourself. Become a man worth marrying and suddenly you'll be recognized by worthwhile women.

o_O
"And don't cry to me about financial risk." "I've been faced with that fire." Is a fallacious argument. As I remember, you were fortunate enough to be able to come to an agreement with your ex spouse because he was at least somewhat reasonable. That does not mean that family law does not contain potential tremendous risk for the rest of a persons life if their ex spouse decides to use the legal system because they feel they are entitled to something or because they are bitter and want to punish their ex. And please dont tell me that the percentage of bitter, entitled ex wives is insignificant, there are millions of them (to use your numbers).

And my belief in gravity and the cold hard fact that the marriage and family laws in this country are morally bankrupt are the same.

-Augustus-

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to get married to the right person someday for a very simple reason:

It might be something that is a contributing factor to my happiness.

I will take as many steps as I can to mitigate any financial downside in the event of divorce, which I would advise any man to do irrespective of financial position!

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanna get married so I can update my facebook status ! ... and share it (with the girl) !

For me marriage is the girl you wanna have your babies with.. the one you ready to impregnante and raise a child with

Now my girlfriend view this a LITTLE differently... and we all know where arguments with your GF leads to ;)

o_O
Mentionning the Girlffriend... she wrote to me THAT last night.. in these words: I love a man who work and improve every facet of his life for a better whole and towards a strong goal.

And I thought, I had put the seed of self-improvement in her :p

Lastly... a strong argument for marriage: ''I only married her so I could have sech without a condom''

Last edited:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

o_O
Along with those numbers that you don’t like I shall give you some more.

Now in the US at least, a little over 50% of marriages end in divorce. No one knows the true number, because no one actually wants to count it, but it is the highest in the world if I’m not mistaken (if not, then at least one of). Now of those, who ARE, about 50% are happy. Only 25% of marriages are happy.

Now let’s take a look. This number also includes those still in the honeymoon phase and ignorant blue pill men too. In other words, most of these men THINK that they are happy, because no one wants to admit that they have an unhappy marriage. Now I’m not going to give an estimate of truly happy couples, but I can tell you that it is a hell of a lot less than 25%. Most people are in denial. It’s usually the first defense mechanism one puts up to prevent ego destruction. I can tell you that there are a whole bunch of men who I know will say they are happy with their marriage even though their wife sucks and doesn’t do crap. Those same women who don’t do anything will say how they are NOT happy too. These men can’t admit it to themselves.

Also, gravity is a UNIVERSAL LAW. This was the worst comparison you could have made. Being happily married is a risk that even you admit to. Yet you say that happy marriages are universal laws like gravity? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
I’m not gonna explain why that’s such a horrible example. In fact I don’t need to either because I think you realize how bad it was too lol
It's not the "dj skillset" you twit. It's called common sense. The "dj skillset" is for those trying to con others for ons.

Yet here you are a divorced woman talking "dj skillset" and acting more like a man than a woman by trying to water cooler one up men like a man talking about being "pro" marriage.

You and ponzi are just sucking up for brownie points from a longtime head mod recently talking about getting married.

And what you're clearly attempting to do is a tell that your "lives" revolve around ss and getting e patted on the head. Nothing more.
Been thinking this for a while but you were the one who said it. Despite your trolling, you at least catch on to things like this. Most guys here can’t see through BE’s ‘perfect’ veneer and it shocks me as to why.