Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do Movies Have Any Semblance to Reality

Delly2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Case in point.

A movie called "She's a 10" the synopsis of this movie is basically this nerd guy that doesn't have any Alpha qualities and a dumpy job (TSA)...(no disrespect to anyone but that was the message they were trying to convey) manages to attract a hot 10 that is a lawyer turned prestige party event planner (in other words Very High Value woman) throw in the hadsome succesful ex for comparison and you get the drift (whats on the inside that counts).

I found the movie mildly entertaining. But I saw no basis in reality. Well not the norm anyway. You see mismatched couples from time to time. I am an example of thus but it wasn't by being beta like this dude.

Second Movie is Eat Pray Love/Breakfast at Tiffany's
Basically the woman falls for the guy but something is stopping her from committing completely. Then the guy says something "Logical"...and then a lightbulb goes off in her head and she has a change of heart and submits to her love and thus the man.

This kinda goes against women being emotional creatures and logic not really making much difference to them. Makes me wonder if in my last relationship if I told her how much i loved her (i never did tell her) she would have stayed instead of pulling away and playing games because she started feeling attraction for someone else.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Delly2000 said:
Case in point.

A movie called "She's a 10" the synopsis of this movie is basically this nerd guy that doesn't have any Alpha qualities and a dumpy job (TSA)...(no disrespect to anyone but that was the message they were trying to convey) manages to attract a hot 10 that is a lawyer turned prestige party event planner (in other words Very High Value woman) throw in the hadsome succesful ex for comparison and you get the drift (whats on the inside that counts).

I found the movie mildly entertaining. But I saw no basis in reality. Well not the norm anyway. You see mismatched couples from time to time. I am an example of thus but it wasn't by being beta like this dude.

Second Movie is Eat Pray Love/Breakfast at Tiffany's
Basically the woman falls for the guy but something is stopping her from committing completely. Then the guy says something "Logical"...and then a lightbulb goes off in her head and she has a change of heart and submits to her love and thus the man.

This kinda goes against women being emotional creatures and logic not really making much difference to them. Makes me wonder if in my last relationship if I told her how much i loved her (i never did tell her) she would have stayed instead of pulling away and playing games because she started feeling attraction for someone else.
Those hollywood nerd comdodies where the nerd gets the hot girl is complete bullshyte. I am sure you worked out this doesn't happen in the real world.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delly2000 said:
I found the movie mildly entertaining. But I saw no basis in reality.
Reality doesn't sell movie tickets.

People want to escape reality. They want to be told "Yes, you too can be the princess who gets the gorgeous, rich prince!" and/or "Yes, you too can score the hot chick regardless of physical attractiveness and/or social skills."

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Delly,
I have been a film buff all my life......At one time American movies were far and away my most popular.....Today,there are exeptions like "Water for Elephants",they are so much trash....seem mainly aimed at Materialistic females with a mental age of ten....The British still turn out good movies particularly Comedies,but are crippled by their ridiculous Political Correctness laws....Far and away the best Movies,certainly the most lifelike,come from Europe....We have a Nationwide TV station here dedicated to Multi Culturism,they show at least three good foreign movies a week..one of the only good effects our P.C. Governments have given people like us.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Movies are fantasy plain and simple. As long as you view them that way, you can't lose. You can lose hours of your life in this site.

Give Geeks a Chance
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GiveGeeksAChance

Ugly Guy Hot Wife
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UglyGuyHotWife

The reason you suck speech
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheReasonYouSuckSpeech
Alternatively, the speech is given by someone who's just frustrated with the other person. This is not an attempt bring down or break an opponent. This is not an exchange between heroes and villains (heck, they might even be friends). This is someone, tired of everything they have to deal with, giving a frank and brutally honest assessment of the person they're dealing with

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
vatoloco said:
Reality doesn't sell movie tickets.

People want to escape reality. They want to be told "Yes, you too can be the princess who gets the gorgeous, rich prince!" and/or "Yes, you too can score the hot chick regardless of physical attractiveness and/or social skills."
And this is where the PUA guru's come in and try to make money off of your ass! Face it, an ugly guy with a hot chick/ Dude better be rich and/ or famous!

Reality bites, but movies are 99.9% fake and staged. Tahe that sh*t with a grain of salt. Video games are like that too!

Case closed.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Movies about love are about as real as movies about aliens and landing on asteroids and rambo killing an entire army. You get the idea, if all those other movies are complete bullsh*t then why would the love ones be real?

BUT, I will say this.. if you ever watched '"War of the Roses" with Michael Douglas, I thought the portrayal of resentment and hatred that stems from a failed relationship was so spot on. Anyone that has been in a terrible LTR can relate to it.

Fred_Scuttle

Don Juan
Reaction score
movies make everything possible when you watch them people see what can happen in real life they say ok that can be me they go do that when they see a lady they do what the movie tells them I watch a lot of movies.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delly2000 said:
I have lived this movie several times in my life. Maybe not 10s and supermodels but 9s and 8s. And I'm about a 5...on a good day. It happens more than you think. Nerds are in. Always have been for smart women. IF you don't have (m)any personality flaws that is!

Put it like this, if you don't believe that someone who isn't good looking or rich can land a big one just why the fvck are you bothering on this website? And if you are rich and good looking and regularly land big ones just why the fvck are you on this website? Haha, but you know what I mean.

Yeah, women are rarely that logical. But then, neither are men. Sometimes Hollywood really is fantasy land.

Last edited:

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
st_99 said:
BUT, I will say this.. if you ever watched '"War of the Roses" with Michael Douglas, I thought the portrayal of resentment and hatred that stems from a failed relationship was so spot on. Anyone that has been in a terrible LTR can relate to it.
You should see "Revolutionary Road" with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. It's about a married couple in the 50's who struggle with themselves and each other. I found the portrayal of the dynamics between the man and the woman very realistic and profound.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I see movies as a brilliant enhancement and distortion of reality. In the sense that movies are based on real life (e.g we seek connection with the opposite sex would be a reality) then the distortion is that (e.g a wimpy nerd guy can pull the 10 that most guys can't). The movie is then further enhanced to look like reality and this is what tends to appeal to us because at the end of the day we live in the real world and we can relate to that. Such movies often give you the sense that you can find love. And you can by applying the things you learn here. As a viewer you have to learn to distinguish the fiction from the reality.

Delly2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes Reveloutionary Road was a good one.

I think I am being a bit harsh. Some movies seem to get it right as well.

Like UP in the Air ****spoiler alert***** is a perfect example of what a woman does when she breaks up with her boyfriend and how a woman can fabricate a whole relationship and thus love...even to a seasoned player.

That doesn't by all means say there is balance.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do Movies Have Any Semblance to Reality
YES...and they're called "Documentaries".:whistle:

But seriously, yet still on a lighter note. I begrudgingly watched a movie that came out last year called "She's Out of MY League". And it was pretty much what I expected, standard in most places, but surprisingly true in others.

Though I wouldn't recommend it as a DJ Movie, and I sure as hell can't give it an official VU seal of approval as a cinematic teaching tool. BUT, there was ONE line in the movie that really struck me by surprise with it's honesty.

There's a breakup scene in the movie where the nice, average guy confronts the stunning hot chick by angrily accusing her of not really being into him and also accuses her of just spending time with him to use him as an emotional band-aid.

And to my surprise, the stunning hot chick comes right out and admits to the guy that he's right!

Well, I thought that was pretty brave for your average chick flick.

However, in spite of all that, the movie still manages to end on a high note-----making it one of the top ten "feel-good" movies of the year. lol Go Hollywood!!!:rockon:

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
YES...and they're called "Documentaries".:whistle:

But seriously, yet still on a lighter note. I begrudgingly watched a movie that came out last year called "She's Out of MY League". And it was pretty much what I expected, standard in most places, but surprisingly true in others.

Though I wouldn't recommend it as a DJ Movie, and I sure as hell can't give it an official VU seal of approval as a cinematic teaching tool. BUT, there was ONE line in the movie that really struck me by surprise with it's honesty.

There's a breakup scene in the movie where the nice, average guy confronts the stunning hot chick by angrily accusing her of not really being into him and also accuses her of just spending time with him to use him as an emotional band-aid.

And to my surprise, the stunning hot chick comes right out and admits to the guy that he's right!

Well, I thought that was pretty brave for your average chick flick.

However, in spite of all that, the movie still manages to end on a high note-----making it one of the top ten "feel-good" movies of the year. lol Go Hollywood!!!:rockon:
Hollywood is pretty honest in romcoms... until the third act. Usually at the end of the second act is where everything falls apart (boy loses girl) and in the third act by some miracle they get back together. Even He's Not That Into You and Hitch had real game, but then disproved it all in the third act. That's how they keep the sheep asleep, they will show you the truth, but then give you the fantasy at the end. This is why most women I know hated The Break Up. The third act was too realistic. People don't go to the movies to see realism. The go for escape, to see that life could be better than this.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually that movie called "She's Out of My League" in the US actually did have some important pointers vis a vis women. Not mention it's quite humorous.

The key point was that when you show needy behavior a girl wants nothing to do with you and when you get with a hotter girl that girl is then all over you.

It also showed why being a pushover/nice guy is such a bad idea.

Of course the concept that the dorky gangly guy gets with a 10 is pure hollywood fabrication.

Movies do often contain kernels of truth it's just that most movies are based on terrible difficulties the director/screenwriter had with women so they promote the fantasy that average joe/schmoe with no game can pull ridiculously hot women.

Firefly

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a select few that are realistic. My favourite is a film from thirty years ago "The Last American Virgin". What is realistic about this film is the ending:

*Spoilers*

The whole movie seems like a typical Hollywood Romcom, where an AFC (Gary) who falls in love with a girl (Karen) who only has eyes for a sleazy DJ (Rick). Rick ends up getting her pregnant, and then (to quote wikipedia)

Eventually, Rick gets Karen pregnant and he leaves her. Gary decides to help Karen pay for her abortion by selling most of his possessions and borrowing money from his boss. After the abortion, Gary and Karen spend the remainder of the weekend alone together in Gary's grandmother's house. Whilst nursing her back to health, Gary tells Karen that he sincerely loves her. Karen appears to be reciprocal and they both share a tender kiss. Later, Karen invites Gary to her birthday party the following week. Gary scrapes up a few more dollars and buys Karen a gold locket for her birthday.

However, when Gary arrives at the party, his dreams of a lasting romance with Karen are shattered when he sees Karen making out with Rick. Despite what Rick had put Karen through, she apparently decided to take him back. The film ends with the credits rolling over a close-up of tears streaming down Gary's face as he drives home, emotionally broken and defeated.

I wish more films were like this, to give us guys a better idea of what to expect when we act like chumps.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently saw the movie Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
Scott was a skinny, kind of nerdish type of kid, but somehow he compiled an impressive list of chicks he had gone out with. And he was usually the dumper. I kept wondering how it was that he managed to attract these girls. He did play bass in a band and he was kind of chill, so I couldn't say it's entirely unrealistic.

He was a serial monogamist apparently, so the hard core plate spinners here wouldn't care for that.
Also, his main love interest kept calling him the nicest guy she's ever dated, and she seemed to see that as a positive.

DMSR76

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Firefly said:
However, when Gary arrives at the party, his dreams of a lasting romance with Karen are shattered when he sees Karen making out with Rick. Despite what Rick had put Karen through, she apparently decided to take him back. The film ends with the credits rolling over a close-up of tears streaming down Gary's face as he drives home, emotionally broken and defeated.[/I]
Wow!

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I recently saw the movie Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
Scott was a skinny, kind of nerdish type of kid, but somehow he compiled an impressive list of chicks he had gone out with. And he was usually the dumper. I kept wondering how it was that he managed to attract these girls. He did play bass in a band and he was kind of chill, so I couldn't say it's entirely unrealistic.

He was a serial monogamist apparently, so the hard core plate spinners here wouldn't care for that.
Also, his main love interest kept calling him the nicest guy she's ever dated, and she seemed to see that as a positive.
Great movie. A lot of girls like sensitive, intelligent, nerdy guys. The techniques so favored on this site get the type of girl that hangs out in bars and clubs. Not the ones that hang out at coffee shops, book stores, with their friends, at restaurants, with their parents, at baseball games, etc. Their "field reports" to the contrary I don't think the guys on this site have alot of experience with women. Fvcking them every once in awhile maybe but actual interactions seem to be lacking. If they did they would realize women are just as different from each other as men are. They like different things and have different tastes.

Just have the balls to talk to them and give chase.