Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Zombie Apocalypse

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since all of my threads usually have ZERO replies, I want to make a fun one.

Me and my friend started bonding because we would meet at our Starbucks and talk about the Z-day Apocalypse. After months, we finally perfected it (we think).

This was the zombie criteria: Nothing is certain, mankind is gone, and everything is from gaining experience, there are no scientific discoveries and no truths. Everything is on-the-job training.

- The zombies are based off of Zombieland and I Am Legend (kind of) styles. No superstitious corpses coming out of the ground, no living dead.

- Possibly curable in the future.

- Regular speed, strength, but not as intelligent as a human, no superpowers (like super jumping, etc). Very primitive. They take on the athleticism from what they were in human form.

- Zombies could spread the infection like any other bloodborne pathogens... or other ways. You aren't sure what kills the pathogens on surfaces, only have a guess.

- Assuming they die only from severe brain damage, or removing their head. Stabbing the heart...I wouldn't know, your assumption.

- They don't come back alive if they're eaten by zombies (obviously... they're dead). If they're only bitten, they turn into zombies... eventually.

Weapon and gear and transportation rules:

They have to be real. They have a real world durability. They suffer real world effects from the environment, etc. In other words, they have to be realistic.

You can modify them as long as it's a real modification. No space rocket shoes, lightsabers, etc.

Ideas to reply with (in a very open and general sense):

Where would you go, where is your end-goal? Who would you bring and WHO WILL YOU LEAVE BEHIND KNOWING THEY WILL DIE? If your partner/s were bitten, plan? How do you plan on surviving? Eat? Will you plan before the Z-day comes (supplies) or will you wing it when it happens? Think of every possibility.

You may look at zombie guides on the internet if you want... but it's more interesting what your own unique ideas are.

Survival of the fittest!

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That fact that zombies need their brains and the fact that they can move implies that they need circulating blood with nutrients, otherwise they wouldn't even be able to produce basic thoughts or movement.

So I would just hole up somewhere for a few weeks, emerge and all the zombies will be dead. I am a winrar. :rockon:

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, then zombie that aren't zombies. They have a scenario where it's a disease that makes people angry killer cannibals, they're just insane and can't control themselves.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever watched the movie Fido (2006)? It’s fúcking hilarious. With slow, primitive, no rising from the dead, vegetable-brained zombies, it fits your descriptive model of realism except with scientific discovery. The satirical social commentary can be perspectively viewed as how can society survive and opportunistically exploit its dangers through profiteering. It’s a movie of perversities; viscerally, ascetically, and motivationally. Plus, Carrie Anne Moss is hot.

But here’s what I’d do…

I’d move into the Zombie Proof House™, grow a bunch of weed in a greenhouse, and have a cute, nice, artsy, kitchen loving chick help with the farming inside the fortress walls. Just sucks the menu is vegetarian.

;)

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
Okay, then zombie that aren't zombies. They have a scenario where it's a disease that makes people angry killer cannibals, they're just insane and can't control themselves.
If you like zombie stuff read World War Z it is absolutely amazing and blows away any Zombie movie in both content and style.

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and my friend talk about this all the time. As stupid as it sounds, i really would love to be in a zombie apocalypse, i want to be the leader of the group, and kill some zombies. Walking dead, and dawn of the dead (the new one) are some of my favorites

Some ideas:
-find a gun store, which is impossible here in canada :)
-Get in an SUV, or hummer and just keep driving around
-go to the country, where is lots of space, and no zombies can ambush you
-go to a well protected building
-or just board up your place like crazy and camp it out

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll reveal my ideas some other time. I think it's fool proof, but takes much patience. I just want to hear more ideas, and bounce a bunch.

Personally, me and my buddy came to the conclusion to never board up a place, use guns, or camp it out unless we got to our end goal. No loud vehicles for me either, stealth and athleticism is key for my group.

Remember: sound attracts zombies. Use that for better or for worse!

Deep Dish said:
Have you ever watched the movie Fido (2006)? It’s fúcking hilarious. With slow, primitive, no rising from the dead, vegetable-brained zombies, it fits your descriptive model of realism except with scientific discovery. The satirical social commentary can be perspectively viewed as how can society survive and opportunistically exploit its dangers through profiteering. It’s a movie of perversities; viscerally, ascetically, and motivationally. Plus, Carrie Anne Moss is hot.
Sounds good, I'll check it out.

Deep Dish said:
But here’s what I’d do…

I’d move into the Zombie Proof House™, grow a bunch of weed in a greenhouse, and have a cute, nice, artsy, kitchen loving chick help with the farming inside the fortress walls. Just sucks the menu is vegetarian.

;)
I've seen that before, looks awesome... but I don't know how I'd feel being confined, what if power went down and you couldn't move those cement windows, and other problems? What if SOMEHOW they got through and you NEEDED to escape?

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine Charles Heston surviving 28 Days Later. Be well-armed with assault rifles, steal ammo, move only during the day, stay above ground, lock up at night, don’t answer the door, stay together, kill those who are living with infections.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
Imagine Charles Heston surviving 28 Days Later. Be well-armed with assault rifles, steal ammo, move only during the day, stay above ground, lock up at night, don’t answer the door, stay together, kill those who are living with infections.

That sounds like day to day life in Detroit.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
Me and my friend talk about this all the time. As stupid as it sounds, i really would love to be in a zombie apocalypse, i want to be the leader of the group, and kill some zombies. Walking dead, and dawn of the dead (the new one) are some of my favorites

Some ideas:
-find a gun store, which is impossible here in canada :)
-Get in an SUV, or hummer and just keep driving around
-go to the country, where is lots of space, and no zombies can ambush you
-go to a well protected building
-or just board up your place like crazy and camp it out
Walking Dead Season 1 was amazing, Season 2 was soap opera garbage with no character development for half the group.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
Walking Dead Season 1 was amazing, Season 2 was soap opera garbage with no character development for half the group.
I enjoyed the part where they were searching for the missing kid ...

Err, wait ... that was the whole first half of the season, epic 7 episode story arc.

nevermind, didn't enjoy.

three zombies were seen all season, 0 bullets fired.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
I enjoyed the part where they were searching for the missing kid ...

Err, wait ... that was the whole first half of the season, epic 7 episode story arc.

nevermind, didn't enjoy.

three zombies were seen all season, 0 bullets fired.
The first half of the second season was what killed it for me. I looked it up and apparently after the first season the writers were changed, so that kind of explains everything.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
Anyone have survival techniques? I'd love to hear.
There are only 2 scenarios:

1. Is that zombies can somehow live perpetually even without food and nutrients. In which case it will be a matter of time before you die, no matter how long. Infrastructure will fall apart, no electricity or water and dwindling resources will force you to leave safety and eventually die.

2. Zombies do die after time. In which case you have to hole up somewhere or go North where its extremely cold and wait for all the zombies to die or freeze over. If you can survive in that time period you win.

Or in the angry killer cannibals who are stupid and can't control yourself scenario, you'd group them into number 1. You can't fight them directly and you can't always be on the move like they can so you have to find a safe place to rest and eat until they all die from eating all the normal humans.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
New research suggests zombies run twice as fast when chasing AFCs and virgins.