Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

You're in power, but how do you use it?

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just promoted to be a team leader in my organization recently. Before that, I had an argument with one of my colleagues in my office and it nearly ended in a fight. Ever since that day we argued, I never spoke to that guy.

My manager has given me the authority to do what is necessary as a team leader which means, he has given me part of the work in the office such as making sure they're not late for work, they don't waste their time smoking too long, making sure they are not doing things like chit chatting on the phone and etc.

The unfortunate thing for him right now is, there are a few people in my group and he is one of the person in it. So right now, I am not feeling satisfied about what he has done and I wish to cause his life to become miserable in the office. What can I do? If I wish to punish him back and make him pissed off, how can I do it in a discreet manner which looks like I am actually trying to instill discipline instead of just being a tyrant.

Pls advice.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
Life is real simple you get what you put out. You decide!

DJLegion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by IntermediateDonJuaner
I was just promoted to be a team leader in my organization recently. Before that, I had an argument with one of my colleagues in my office and it nearly ended in a fight. Ever since that day we argued, I never spoke to that guy.

My manager has given me the authority to do what is necessary as a team leader which means, he has given me part of the work in the office such as making sure they're not late for work, they don't waste their time smoking too long, making sure they are not doing things like chit chatting on the phone and etc.

The unfortunate thing for him right now is, there are a few people in my group and he is one of the person in it. So right now, I am not feeling satisfied about what he has done and I wish to cause his life to become miserable in the office. What can I do? If I wish to punish him back and make him pissed off, how can I do it in a discreet manner which looks like I am actually trying to instill discipline instead of just being a tyrant.

Pls advice.
Don't forget, what goes around comes around.

By the way, I think that anyone who knew that you two were about fight would know you're being a bit** by making his office life hard. Grow some balls, and do you job. But do it RIGHT.

EDIT: Yet, I don't know the situation of why you two were about to fight. So you may be justified to want to do this or not. Unfortunatly, I don't have all the answers.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by IntermediateDonJuaner

Pls advice.

I hope he beats the crap out of you.

dearsappho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
With power comes the necessity of control.

If you use your new found power to hurt this man you are sad and evil.

I hate jobsworths such as yourself.

Shut the door on your way out...

nzalan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the others. To feel like you can now make his life miserable and to not only relish it but to ask for advice from others on how to do so, just makes you look petty and weak.

The truly strong are those who don't need to prove it, who are strong within themselves, and who don't need to make other people's lives miserable to feel good about themselves.

'Grow some balls' was one comment, which is true. But I think it's more appropriate to just be happy that you got a position of responsibility whereas he didn't. You've already won.

Be gracious in your victory, and help him do his job better.

You try to f**k people up, and all that's going to happen is that you'll be f**cked up by other people. If you try to help other people become better, then you will, in return, have others help YOU become better, and appreciate what you're doing for them.

Losers help others lose, while winners help others win.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats on the promotion IDJ!

I'm going to have to assume that you are in a sales type of field?

There are a few ways that you can handle this :

a) Take him aside, apologize for the fight (whether or not you initiated it) and tell him that you want to see him do good. The promotion doesn't mean that you are going to treat him any different than any of the others unless he starts screwing the pooch. In which case you will do what is necessary to solve the problem.

Just so you know, 90% of the time someone gets fired from a job is for not working well with others.

b) Don't talk to him, don't acknowledge him, don't punish him. Completely ignore this tool, untill he either quits or puts himself in a position where you can fire him.

People do need a certain amount of acknowledgement, positive or negative to be able to grow... so if you don't let him grow, he will start to 'die a little' and eventually find acknowledgement elsewhere.

I could make other suggestions, but I don't know how much it would really apply to your situation.

Good Luck.

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't care about what those other fellas think

For those who don't agree for me to punish him, pls stay aside. I welcome anyone who is going to give me advice on how to make his life miserable in the office.

All responses are welcome! Thank you

P/S : Btw so pimp its scary, I believed you said you could offer some other suggestions, pls give me some of your ideas. And yeah you're right, Im in the sort of sales team (telemarketing). Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
clue..........

Hey pal,

You need to go buy the book 'How To Be A Team Leader 101'.

because,

You don't have a clue.

cave dweller

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A responsible manager would be focussed on other things other than their retribution capacity.

You need to get your own house in order. Like 'what's the most effective way to improve productivity?' What can I do to help my people feel happier and be more productive?' etc etc.

If anything, show you're bigger than to use your power to sh1t on him, do the opposite, you may be suprised by everybodies response.

Some of the greatest generals in history, after overcoming their enemies, took them into the fold and treated them well. They became some of the generals most loyal and valued troops.

BTW this should be in anything else.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
You're not getting paid to cook up revenge schemes. Get to work.
lol... lol

Ser_i

Don Juan
Reaction score
you can't be nice and be a boss... that's simple I work as an air traffic controller at Schiphol airport.. if I make a mistake it's bye bye to me.

don't worry do your job in the intrest of your employer.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, if you are in sales... you are obviously given quotas to meet up to. You might find yourself in a situation where you haven'T met the quota for the day/week whatever, and you will have one of the big dogs of the company that you might not even know their name SCREAMING down your throat to improve the situation.

Therefore, what you can do is follow that same principle.

You need to be a hardass, unfortunately for the other coworkers, you gotta be hard on all of them. Start off by comparing yourself to other teams, and saying how you want to top them... you want your team to be #1, and any time you see them slacking ask them how close to the quota is and urge them on with the commissions that they are gonna make for themselves. say that you can't say that you are doing a good job, if they aren't making money (hopefully you get an extra cut off their sales) (I'm assuming that there is a commission structure).

So, make the quotas for your team unusually high, something that you can only get if you work your A$$ off. Then, for this guy, who, don't refer to him by his name unless you must, imply that he is never working at his best, because if he was his numbers would be better. Give them hell everytime they are short on sales, and when they have good days, you gotta seem unimpressed (at least for the guy you hate).

He will feel unnappreciated, and unwelcome, and he will likely quit. Then, when he does, to not look suspicious gradually loosen up on the rest of the team.

You should read the 48 Laws of Power...

There is an art to this, and hopefully you don't get yourself busted, or you will be shunned, if not by your superiors then by the team you are supposed to 'lead'.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh,I hate guys like this.This is so gay.

Why don't you just fight him?Mindgames are for the ladies.

SurfsupinHawaii

Don Juan
Reaction score
this happens all the time in the Army. as you get promoted your peers become your subordinates and eventually you are responsible for making sure your friends get the job done.

the main difference is in the Military you can't be fired and you cant just "quit". you have to learn to work as a team no matter what and get the job done.

I'm not saying you aren't a good leader but as a mature man who is a good leader you have to take a step back and look at what you're saying. you want to punish someone!! I mean theres tons of people you dont really care for but there arent too many I would truely like to see suffer.

If you feel the need to hit the man than I suggest you think of the repurcushions before striking him. Probably losing your job and possibly jail. There are better ways to handle situations that fighting. I mean if he hits you then thats one thing but be the bigger man. Part of being a man is picking your fights and realizing when you should "squash" something and move on. Be a Professional.

I'm not judging you man cause I don't even know you, all I'm saying is that 20 1/2 I have already delt with tons of people and am experienced in adapting and surviving a crappy situation..

Laters

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, which law are you talking about from 1-48?

Originally posted by So pimp its scary
Alright, if you are in sales... you are obviously given quotas to meet up to. You might find yourself in a situation where you haven'T met the quota for the day/week whatever, and you will have one of the big dogs of the company that you might not even know their name SCREAMING down your throat to improve the situation.

Therefore, what you can do is follow that same principle.

You need to be a hardass, unfortunately for the other coworkers, you gotta be hard on all of them. Start off by comparing yourself to other teams, and saying how you want to top them... you want your team to be #1, and any time you see them slacking ask them how close to the quota is and urge them on with the commissions that they are gonna make for themselves. say that you can't say that you are doing a good job, if they aren't making money (hopefully you get an extra cut off their sales) (I'm assuming that there is a commission structure).

So, make the quotas for your team unusually high, something that you can only get if you work your A$$ off. Then, for this guy, who, don't refer to him by his name unless you must, imply that he is never working at his best, because if he was his numbers would be better. Give them hell everytime they are short on sales, and when they have good days, you gotta seem unimpressed (at least for the guy you hate).

He will feel unnappreciated, and unwelcome, and he will likely quit. Then, when he does, to not look suspicious gradually loosen up on the rest of the team.

You should read the 48 Laws of Power...

There is an art to this, and hopefully you don't get yourself busted, or you will be shunned, if not by your superiors then by the team you are supposed to 'lead'.
What else can I do ? I mean in terms of telling them to be early, dont smoke for too long, wasting time talking to people on the phone and etc, how could I accomplished all of the above? Btw, are there any books out there which I could buy to teach me how to be an evil boss? Pls recommend them to me.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You work in telemarketing.

That explains the loser behaviour.