Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

You're a loser, not a winner

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you find those stupid kids sports stupid, the way they tell the kids "You're all winners"?

True story: I was waiting for my girlfriend at this junior girls soccer competition (she's their sports coach). The game ends, not only did they NOT take score, the umpire tells the kids they're all winners! That's gotta be the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard.

Luckily I was taking score, so I yelled out which team won, and told the losers to p!ss off and cry. (Some of the girls actually did cry, those wimps). My gf was really p!ssed cuz she's their coach, so she cops the flak from the parents.

Anyway I always thought these "everyone is a winner" competitions were stupid. When I was a kid, we didn't have this PC crap - if you weren't a winner, you were a loser.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats why americans suck at football, and we are so good. You dont get the true spirit of it, and that is: humiliate your opponent!

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weird, I've never known such a competition, but it sounds stupid. If you're always going to be a winner then what incentive is there to improve or even try?

Imagine if they started doing that with exams, the stock market or elections.

It's a very competetive world and if you go soft on kids, they'll grow up soft and never be able to cope with life.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they're still winners in life in general...just because they lost a game or whatever does not mean they are losers forever for all of time in the universe and eterinity.They are kids for godsake,you don't go crushing their hearts-that's horrible.Well skip toughen up,you're just a loser and you might as well quit while your ahead..yeah,real nice mentoring the young ones and a good way to create socialpaths and deliquents.Kids need guidence,love,support,discipline and the truth ,yes- but not to the point where you just crush them relentlessly.Thats just mean ...and socially retarded.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
organizedconfusion said:
they're still winners in life in general...just because they lost a game or whatever does not mean they are losers forever for all of time in the universe and eterinity.They are kids for godsake,you don't go crushing their hearts-that's horrible.Well skip toughen up,you're just a loser and you might as well quit while your ahead..yeah,real nice mentoring the young ones and a good way to create socialpaths and deliquents.Kids need guidence,love,support,discipline and the truth ,yes- but not to the point where you just crush them relentlessly.Thats just mean ...and socially retarded.
But thats the point, they lost a soccer game. Better luck next time and try to improve. If you tell everyone theyre a winner from the beginning then your basicly robbing them of the chance to improve.

Its not them that have to feel inferior when you tell them they lose, its you who doesnt trust their capability to give it all and better themselves when you tell everybody they won, and that educates them to real loosers.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a fine line you ride in today's vaginized society between developing the attitude and habits of a winner in kids and being an abusive a5shole who is living vicariously through them.

Diplomatic, that's a horrible story man. Not what you did, but the "everybody's a winner" way that league operates. What's next? No meat products at the concession stand? Score a goal and the other team gets to add an extra player on the field?

Good job adding some balls to the situation. :up:

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phoenix_of_the_ashes said:
But thats the point, they lost a soccer game. Better luck next time and try to improve. If you tell everyone theyre a winner from the beginning then your basicly robbing them of the chance to improve.

Its not them that have to feel inferior when you tell them they lose, its you who doesnt trust their capability to give it all and better themselves when you tell everybody they won, and that educates them to real loosers.
they are what..6-9 year olds? give them a break,call any kid a loser or baby and watch them ball up.They lost a game,but they are still winners that they can fight another day,not losers for all of humanity for godsakes..theres a difference,better try harder next time sport,up and at em,practice harder this session and we'll whip em next time..thats different than just calling them a bunch of ball sucking losers.in terms of winners,they can succeed still.they just lost this battle,but not the war type thing :up:
you don't always have to break someone down to bring them back up and build them up tougher you know.what do you expect the coach to do? holla at the kids,kick dirt ,get all redfaced and rowdy on them? give me a break,that'll realllllly teach the children good sportsmanship :crazy:
winners may have to loose many many times to become great,losers lose once and quit... :up:

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
There's a fine line you ride in today's vaginized society between developing the attitude and habits of a winner in kids and being an abusive a5shole who is living vicariously through them.

Diplomatic, that's a horrible story man. Not what you did, but the "everybody's a winner" way that league operates. What's next? No meat products at the concession stand? Score a goal and the other team gets to add an extra player on the field?

Good job adding some balls to the situation. :up:
thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard anyone do to a bunch of kids..maybe he should run up in their face ,scream and heckle while making cry baby faces at them and call them big fat ball sucking losers...i am sure that'll take care of it. are we trying to raise kids with proper sportsmanship here or are we trying to raise neanderthol idiots that just heckle and scream out whatever they feel like? he was trying to raise their morale goof balls..imagine you guys go sarging,you mess up and all your boys call you a big flaming homo and make a big spectical out of it..real cool right? :cool:
the kids aren't freakin' retards or anything it's pretty obvious they lost...i think they can tell the coach was trying to lift their spirits up in the moment and remind them to practice/try harder...

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh,they were juniors in high school? i thought they were like little league or something..well,****..if they can't tell the difference bettween winning and loosing then god help them! :lol:

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
organizedconfusion said:
oh,they were juniors in high school? i thought they were like little league or something..well,****..if they can't tell the difference bettween winning and loosing then god help them! :lol:
I'm assuming he meant at least pre-adolescent - old enough to grasp the concept of winning and losing without taking it personally.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
I'm assuming he meant at least pre-adolescent - old enough to grasp the concept of winning and losing without taking it personally.
i thought he was heckling at a bunch of 1st graders or something..that's just wrong anyway you look at it.But still somewhat humorus in a billy bob thorton Bad santa type of way.If it's a bunch of junior girls in high school then heckle away..it's all in fun and he's just giving them a hard time..i am not a complete killjoy now :rock:

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was a kid my dad used to tell me what a great baseball player I was, how special I was, and how the game is not about winning but about having fun. Each year I was always the runt on the team they stuck in right field and at the bottom of the batting order so I wouldn't lose the game for the team. The lone exception to this was the year he coached the team. We went 1-15 that year because there was no emphasis on winning.

Looking back on that experience, it's no wonder I turned into an underweight, anti-social frustrated chump in high school.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
When I was a kid my dad used to tell me what a great baseball player I was, how special I was, and how the game is not about winning but about having fun. Each year I was always the runt on the team they stuck in right field and at the bottom of the batting order so I wouldn't lose the game for the team. The lone exception to this was the year he coached the team. We went 1-15 that year because there was no emphasis on winning.

Looking back on that experience, it's no wonder I turned into an underweight, anti-social frustrated chump in high school.
my dad used to get mad, hits the ground,threatens to kill me or leave me and my sister and my mom for good..now that my sister left, he just gets mad hits the ground, threatens to kill me or leave me and my mom for good..hasn't left since..what a tease :whistle:
naw,he's a good guy just has anger issues. I guess things effect people differently..i always knew he was a prick at times but oh well..actually i don't know, i don't how i feel about it.feels like nothing :confused:
what were we talking about again?
all my dad taught me in my teen years was how to be a psycho , i just want to be normal now :wave:

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually i take it back..i friggin hate my dad, i guess not knowing his own father and being forced to do everything himself has made him into a hard peice of sh*t and gives him an excuse to treat everyone the same way.
oh well, i can't say much about it..he's put in work for us and all..dosen't mean i have to care about him though,what can i say? i'd hate to sound like a little b*tch but it's hard to care about someone that makes you feel like crap all the time :mad: god i hate him! the sad part is i'll probaly turn out to be just like him! Doh! :kick: fvck it..better angry than sad!

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I remember that bullsh!t.

"What's the score coach? Did we win?"

"It was a tie."

"ANOTHER tie??"

The thing to realize is that at some levels kids can't be expected to play anyway. At like 5 or 6 it's a miracle if they can play soccer without constantly trying to pick the ball up with their hands. Once they start to get proficient, though, then score comes into play.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what a load of crap......what about when they fail in life, should they be protected and made feel good about their selfs????? WHAT HORSE SH!T.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey I wasn't that harsh, I just yelled out the score, and when everyone looked shocked (especially the losing team), I just told them to go home and cry about it. Good natured ribbing. Didn't think they'd take it so seriously. I think they're 10-12 years old, that's old enough to cop some flak.

I'm not saying we should beat kids for losing (or put too much pressure on them), but at least make life a bit more competitive. None of this "everyone wins" crap. I remember when I was a kid, everything was scored, even our behaviour was part of the class competition. Hell, our soccer matches were more like bloodbaths...