Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Your weight

How's your weight?

• underweight

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • normal weight

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • overweight

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poll is largely meaningless, since it depends on definition.

A better one would have been to have weight incremements, e.g

130 - 139 pounds
140 - 149 pounds
150 - 159 pounds

etc

At 5'8" and about 185 pounds, I am according to the body mass index classified as overweight.

What this doesn't take into account is that I am up from 155 pounds purely from my weight routine.

So while I am classifieid as "overweight" (relative to all the wimps with no muscle out there), I'd regard myself as "normal" and still on the way up.

And I think there would be a lot of people out there in a similar situation as me.

Demodulate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
6'1" 182

looking to hit 175 so I can fight in the middle weight class for ibjjf masters..

:box:

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Overweight? Underweight?

How about this: I'm fat. That's what 5 years of academic and career success will do.

But...by the end of the year I will not be fat. And within 3 years I will be in the best shape of my life. Doing it in 3 years will be hard to pull off as it took me 6 years the first time. But this time I can control my diet and workout much better.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@runner83: I thought about that when starting the thread, but then decided to keep it simple.

Since (e.g.) a cyclist's normal weight is different from (e.g.) a heavy-lifter's, one should vote in accordance with his workout routine & use common sense.

And by that I mean that mostly every man can judge if he needs to bulk up or lose some & vote accordingly.

Tesl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
errr I'm gonna say normal. But for more detail, I'm 5 ft 7, and in the last 4 months have gone from 64kg to 70kg. I'm aiming for 75kg before I start losing weight for the summer so I can hit the beach :)

Did a body fat test a few months back and it said I was 20%. Today I did one (on an apparently better machine) and it said 13.9%. No doubt I'm somewhere in between, but I want to get bigger first before I start trying to cut down.

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
5'8" 175 lbs.

Got a little fat around the mid-section. I really have no goal other than to get my body back to the way it used to be when I worked out consistently 5 years ago...also, I just want to make going to the gym a habit for the rest of my life instead of quitting all the time.

Last edited:

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6'7 @ 187 pounds or 85 kg

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotta have a weight range. Some people are taller and some people's frames just take weight better.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5'8" - 193 at around 12% bf as tested a couple of days ago. I'm borderline obese as per BMI... but I can still wear most of size 32 jeans assuming there's enough ass and quad room. Maybe just maybe BMI is a load of shiite.

Weight to me doesnt' mean a whole lot by itself, unless you're combining it with body composition numbers, etc.

allbeef

Banned
Reaction score
5'2" 160 lbs.

I was once 135, but I have been hitting the gym for almost 10 years now. I go four times a week.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sitting on 198lbs, at roughly 17% bodyfat.

I would consider myself overweight (perhaps overfat is a better word) right now.

In recent years I have been as low as 150lbs and as high as 205lbs, at varying bodyfat percentage though never over 20%.

At my peak fitness level, I was 170lbs and 10% bf.

BBbardot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Sitting on 198lbs, at roughly 17% bodyfat.

I would consider myself overweight (perhaps overfat is a better word) right now.

In recent years I have been as low as 150lbs and as high as 205lbs, at varying bodyfat percentage though never over 20%.

At my peak fitness level, I was 170lbs and 10% bf.
how tall are you?

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
6'3" 223, 15% bf or so.

Since I want to be one of the big dogs and get up to 260+ I'd consider myself underweight lol.

P­ornography

Don Juan
Reaction score
a lil over wiehgt 105 kilos

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last edited: