your thought on mike tyson coming back

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
The skills will be there. He has to get to world class conditioning.

Vertical is how high an athelete can jump from a stand still. 36" and up us great. 40" and up is superb.
Oh yes, watched a bit of Chris Barnard doing that on youtube. Great for layups in basketball...to develop that.
Saw him go from sitting to bounce right up in front of him on gym boxes.
Cool you can do that too.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yes, watched a bit of Chris Barnard doing that on youtube. Great for layups in basketball...to develop that.
Saw him go from sitting to bounce right up in front of him on gym boxes.
Cool you can do that too.
Its not just great for basketball. Vertical leap shows explosive power. Great for sprinters, basketball, football and many other sports. The more power you have the more control you will have.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Its not just great for basketball. Vertical leap shows explosive power. Great for sprinters, basketball, football and many other sports. The more power you have the more control you will have.
Ha, I just thought of something, if I was "leaping" more at work my middle finger knuckle wouldn't feel like its broken right now.
My overweight amount of pounds is killing my grip for lifting up my body weight on something at work dozens of times a day.
If I could even "spring up" more I 'd be saving the strain. Going to try splaying out my grip more too.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Watch this one

ummm, I watched using captions...I'll have to watch later.

Looks like he was charismatic and making people laugh.

I've seen a couple guys do that trick when caught up in a situation some people are dragging you over coals over something potentially humiliating.
Left them laughing, it will probably be a different video clip when I watch it with sound on later.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ummm, I watched using captions...I'll have to watch later.

Looks like he was charismatic and making people laugh.

I've seen a couple guys do that trick when caught up in a situation some people are dragging you over coals over something potentially humiliating.
Left them laughing, it will probably be a different video clip when I watch it with sound on later.
I'm sure when it really happend Brad Pitt was shivtting himself in fear lol

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure when it really happend Brad Pitt was shivtting himself in fear lol
But if you saw Robin Givens avcount of it she was saying brad was "chill" about it. She was in great joy to CUCK Mike Tyson.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Old man Tyson.
. This vid says a year ago. Explosive.
yes, whenever he's hitting there's that same sound. Explosive.

I was studying his back. There is a literal thick layer of muscle on his entire back.
I'm trying to remember which other athletes have this feature.

I miss watching Olympics with my Dad. I wish I could have watched Tyson with him. I would have loved his commentary and description of what he saw.
My Dad had muscles like this. He's the only muscular man I've known irl.
My Dad would have been 70 on Friday.
He always got a weeklong celebration because of his birthday so close to Father's Day.
Going to be challenging getting through this work week. I'm reaching out to my brother more.

I liked seeing Tyson's talent there. I can't believe I almost went my life not seeing someone box like that. Brought a tear to my eye, ngl.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, whenever he's hitting there's that same sound. Explosive.

I was studying his back. There is a literal thick layer of muscle on his entire back.
I'm trying to remember which other athletes have this feature.

I miss watching Olympics with my Dad. I wish I could have watched Tyson with him. I would have loved his commentary and description of what he saw.
My Dad had muscles like this. He's the only muscular man I've known irl.
My Dad would have been 70 on Friday.
He always got a weeklong celebration because of his birthday so close to Father's Day.
Going to be challenging getting through this work week. I'm reaching out to my brother more.

I liked seeing Tyson's talent there. I can't believe I almost went my life not seeing someone box like that. Brought a tear to my eye, ngl.
They showed his feet. Try to find a vid from his prime and focus on his feet.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
They need to work on that. So all that explosion punching we see is "arm punches". . In his prime his punches started thru his feet with his quick jab steps and pivots.
Yeah, you're right.
That's why you said he 'leaped'. You saw that "springiness"
Society needs to invent synovial fluid rejuvenation clinics for joints. Pop in on your lunch break and get a synovial injection.
I was thinking this at work today too. lol

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right.
That's why you said he 'leaped'. You saw that "springiness"
Society needs to invent synovial fluid rejuvenation clinics for joints. Pop in on your lunch break and get a synovial injection.
I was thinking this at work today too. lol
He doesn't need that. Boxing doesn't tear up the knees and ankles like football and basketball. He needs to get as lean as he was in his prime and practice footwork drills and explositivity with the weights ( squats and cleans ). Body fat dampens your quickness. When his body "feels better", he will be better. I think he can get 95% of that back.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He doesn't need that. Boxing doesn't tear up the knees and ankles like football and basketball. He needs to get as lean as he was in his prime and practice footwork drills and explositivity with the weights ( squats and cleans ). Body fat dampens your quickness. When his body "feels better", he will be better. I think he can get 95% of that back.
He should stay within his original style under Cuz. Those fundamentals with wisdom will be a problem for opponents. His mindset needs to shift.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
hmm. logical. Good plan.
1. Focus on need
2. get as lean as in prime
3.practice footwork drills
4.practice explosivity with squats and clean lifts
5. Keep body fat off to stay quick
6. get body feeling better to be better

That's optimistic, encouraging and helpful to say he'd get to 95%. Incredible to witness and would be an excellent role model for other 53 yr olds.