Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Your friend should hit on this girls over there"

d0g

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I encountered a new and (for me) unusual behavior from a girl a few days ago. Perhaps you can help decipher it.

I was out at a party with a (male) buddy of mine. At some point we got chatting to a group of guys and girls. My buddy was standing next to some girl, and chatted to her for 5 minutes. Then the girl leaned over to me, and we had this exchange:

HB7: Does your friend have a girlfriend?
Me: Not yet.
HB7: You should tell him he should hit on the girls over there (*points to a group of 30+ year-old women next to our group*)
Me: They seem a little old.
HB7: Really?

Then she turns to my buddy:

HB7 to my buddy: You should chat to the girls there. Your friend thinks they're too old though. Do you think they're too old?
My buddy: Uh, yeah.

The HB7 was probably about 26 years old, and my buddy and I are both late-20's.

So, SoSuave, what gives? Is this just some obscure way of this girl trying to tell my buddy she's into him? If not, what the heck is she doing?

- d0g

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She meant "please make your friend stop hitting on me."

If it's that obvious that he's "hitting on" a girl when he talks to her, then I don't think he's doing it very well. He's obviously not reading her well enough to see that she's just being polite and not genuinely interested in him.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
$hit test. Either that or she was trying to get "in" with you guys. "Hey I can be a cool chick, I know what you're here for, I'll help you out and point out some low hanging fruit for you." In that case she probably thought your friend was cool and had some game, but for whatever reason wasn't in the market or interested....or was still trying to make up her mind about him.

Or,maybe she was just bored and looking to for some excitement, wanted to grab some popcorn and see what your friend could do.

d0g

Don Juan
Reaction score
Since she followed my buddy when he went off to another table, I think she was interested in him, rather than irritated by him. Which makes the whole strategy of pointing out other girls seem odd.

On reflection though, I think it might make sense when I put some parts together:

1.) By asking me if my buddy has a girlfriend, she's able to find out if he's single or not. But she doesn't want to come off as desperate, so she needs to pretend that this information isn't for her.

2.) By sending my buddy after the obviously older women next to us, she's found an excuse for the girlfriend question, but also another way to make her look good -- by comparison, she's clearly a better choice than the older women, so by sending our attention there, she's raising her value.

Women are good at this game...

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All you needed to say was "haha, sick of him already?" If she was interested she'd say "Oh no, I just thought [whatever]." If she was sick of him she'd make that clear too.

Just straight up ask sh*t. Don't guess.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
d0g said:
1.) By asking me if my buddy has a girlfriend, she's able to find out if he's single or not. But she doesn't want to come off as desperate, so she needs to pretend that this information isn't for her.
Interesting theory. She finds out if he has a girlfriend under the pretense of sending him over to hit on the older women (who I suppose weren't really a threat). She avoids looking interested, and doesn't reveal her hand. I don't know if you're right, but it's possible. Pretty clever, if true.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HB7: Do you think they're too old?
My buddy: Uh, yeah.

$hit test. Your friend passed. He has standards, she's interested.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Interesting theory. She finds out if he has a girlfriend under the pretense of sending him over to hit on the older women (who I suppose weren't really a threat). She avoids looking interested, and doesn't reveal her hand. I don't know if you're right, but it's possible. Pretty clever, if true.
Just seems way too convoluted a tactic to me.