young girl phone number

thedeparted

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I met a young 'un who is ten years younger than me online. got a couple long emails, her pic, etc. then she found out my age (and saw my pic) and didn't reply.

so I waited a couple weeks, and then sent her a one liner. she replied instantly with what seemed like "don't want to see you again". I had a quick reply to that and a couple hours later she email me her phone number and says she hopes I call her.

So far, I didn't. I actually can't think of what I would say given the context. Also, it seems like this is letting her control things since I didn't ask for her # -- she just sent it to me.

Anyway, pls give some advice what I should do with this one. If I call, what the hell do I say? If I don't, how do I keep control of the situation?

Like, would it be a DJ kind of thing to say, "What, you think I would call you?" Or would that just be stupid. Normally, I don't call any woman from online, I just tell them a place/time where we can meet. This one jumped the gun.

Note: I put this in mature man b/c of age difference. I think that is probably where her initial resistance came from.

RecoveringAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally if I send a woman my pic and she doesn't reply, I next her. Ditto with women who suddenly remember they have an appointment. ;) Life is too short to worry about it.

thedeparted

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. But the follow-up takes no effort and now I have her #. I want to meet her b/c she is really interesting. And most women probably think I'm ugly -- so I have to get past that initial rejection.

war-hero

Banned
Reaction score
I am 50 and I date girls younger than that. Let me guess. You are living in America. I don't envy you.

thedeparted

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I only email pretty ones, so that doesn't apply... and while I don't envy myself either I've done the ex-pat in East Europe thing and a lot of those hotties are hard-core mercenaries. Hopefully you are in a better part of Not-America, war hero...

What I ended up doing was qualifying her. See, the email she skipped was the one where I asked where she lived, worked, etc. The basics to make sure she's not an unemployed drifter (which is what I call women who are in grad school forever and looking for a boyfriend to bankroll it). When she gave me her # it felt like she was giving me a biscuit for being clever. So instead of lapping it up and wagging my tail I just noted that she didn't get back to my email yet. In other words, she has to meet my standards as well.

As far as I'm concerned that is going to end it, but on the off chance she does reply we can pick it up from there. Meantime I converted other prospects.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thedeparted said:
I met a young 'un who is ten years younger than me online. got a couple long emails, her pic, etc. then she found out my age (and saw my pic) and didn't reply.
Can you blame her, really, after seeing your picture?

J/K guy. No biggie. Call her up and start busting her balls in a fun, playful way.

"I sure hope you are mature enough"
"Are you mature?"
"What time is your curfew?"

etc.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
War-hero in one of your post you say your 55 and here your now 50 how old will you be tomorow?

Not mentioning this to embarrass you but concerned is all maybe you might want to get checked for dementia this could be an early sign with men and women in their 50's but not all.

LoneSilver

war-hero said:
I am 50 and I date girls younger than that. Let me guess. You are living in America. I don't envy you.

afrojiggles

Don Juan
Reaction score
next pls

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some young girls are just hard to figure out. And I am using that in a sense that if you are 10yrs older than a woman, sometime depending on age, you aren't sure what they think. Is he TOO old, should I give my phone number, what do my friends think....

Sometimes you see actions from them and then you dont. It's like they had a talk with someone to see what they should do.

Now ugly or not (you need to shy away from calling yourself that or it will do you no good in the long run) they are all different.

For instance, I work with a girl (fairly new) who is 10yrs younger than me. Now, we joke back and forth about old people jokes, and then she goes... No, you're really cool and this and that, and comparing me to younger people.

Now not that i'm old by all means, but to someone that age, yeah, I am.
But i'll flirt with her, not just constantly. I'll say something and maybe walk away. I'll do negs with a few compliments here and there.

Like the whole... Isn't it your curfew?

And then I get... Dont you have to go party with old farts and drink wine coolers.

Anyway, I told her one day... So and so and you should come over some time and play pool and darts. Noticed how I said another girl first before I said her.

Now the other girl is just a good friend and not dating material. But the other girl was like.... how about Saturday? I didnt even give a date, I just said sometime her and you should come over.

She even tossed in... I'll beat you at beer pong. I never mentioned alcohol or any of that, but she tossed it in there.

So she basically said right there what she was after. I KNOW she likes me.

Now for me though, I can pass for 18-25, so the age deal while is a number, I dont look old at all. I'm thin, in shape, athletic body, can dress nice, etc etc.

The point being, is that this one though pretty blunt now what she wants, isn't like that ALL OF THE TIME. One reason for this is because when you work with younger people, they will gossip, and they will ask questions, and other girls will do what they do.

Younger girls are always cautious with older guys. They dont know what to expect or do if they have never been out with an older guy. They think... how should I react? I like him, but I have to play it different.

So maybe this one is the same way. She doesn't quite know how to react. Wow, i've never been with anyone 10yrs older than me.

I can say, that if I was to date this girl that flirts with me, all hell would break loose from OTHERS. So when she talks about coming over and playing pool, even though its with another girl too, you can bet she wont tell ANYONE.

I dont know really, just do what you think is right.

Girls are never easy to figure out as we can tell, or we wouldn't be on here getting and giving advice. ;)

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Since my 8 year LTR ender 4 years ago (she was 1 year younger)... All the girls I date now are at least 9 years younger than me... I just cant meet any my age who are available... they either married in LTR or are a baby momy with boyfriend and drama.

Well I too look about 24 so that help but you have to be cool and have friends who are younger too... I know how to fit in etc. Problem is females between 18 and 23 are good for nothing but sex... it gets old then it on to the next one... etc...

thedeparted

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
Since my 8 year LTR ender 4 years ago (she was 1 year younger)... All the girls I date now are at least 9 years younger than me... I just cant meet any my age who are available... they either married in LTR or are a baby momy with boyfriend and drama.

Well I too look about 24 so that help but you have to be cool and have friends who are younger too... I know how to fit in etc. Problem is females between 18 and 23 are good for nothing but sex... it gets old then it on to the next one... etc...
How old are you actually, if I may ask?