You Will Always Pay for Sex

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bartering sex for services or stuff

As I've stated on many a thread, you will always pay for sex. Funny that this article focusses on it from the female perspective, but as a man, you'll pay for it in some form for the rest of your life.

Discuss.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me, once you get past the introductory offer, you'll pay.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's pretty whacked out to see how I USED to think of women and their bodies (put them on a pedestal, like a virgin flower or something) and how I now know that THEY feel about their bodies and using them. While girls are emotional and all, there still is a certain degree of primal nature they have. I don't know if that's the correct word, but the sex sure isn't "special" like they would have you believe, especially when I was getting my former AFC self dumped back in the day.

And Vlad, I've fvcked a fat girl one time without having to pay a dime, gas or anything. I guess my payment was actually having to smell the pvssy.

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like fantasyland. The study says: "Survey at college finds 27 percent of men and 14 percent of women WILLING to trade favors or gifts for sex."

The key word is willing - does not say they actually did. Any college age guy would be "willing" & would say "yeah dude, I like totally would bang a chick for favors, n' stuff!"

Any guy who wants to test this out needs to put an ad up on Craigslist - favors for sex - and let us know the results! (ain't gonna be me)

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's elementary....like saying "there's no such thing as a free lunch." For everything, a cost.

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vlad the Impaler said:
I have gotten a girl to drive, pay for the date, and take me back to her place for sex. All I paid for was gas to get to her place.
Dont value your time much? What about the drama that comes after sex? While some women have no problem keeping it casual they are in the minority.

Rollo is right. You always pay for sex. It may not be money out your pocket but there is always a price. Money, time, emotional well being. You pay.

Paul McCartey could have had a different high class hooker every day for 4 years and it still would have cost him less then his divorce did. Not to mention the emotional strain he was under.

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo is right, you always pay. I never gave it much thought, until a woman I've known for years told me that she will not sleep with me again unless I "take her out." The funny thing about it is that she's not attractive enough to make demands like this, and the sex was average.

We fool ourselves into thinking that "she loves me for me, it's not about what I do for her because, if it is, I can easily be replaced." I realized that other than the older women desperate for a man in her life, or the fat women, we always pay.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I've kinda had some "freebies", but generally sex IS a commodity that is used to a woman's advantage.

The more important thing to look at though is how women use the prospect of sex for gain.

I know a few women who are serial daters. They LOVE it. And why not? Most guys spring for dinner and drinks and most of the time he gets a peck on the cheek and she stops returning his calls. "He's just not the one for me".

I wonder how many women accept dates with guys they have very little interest in just to be entertained and feel validated?

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is almost always some cost or the INTENT to extract some cost. The free test drive, the free toaster, oldest marketing moves in the book.

The crazy, the attempts to extend the relationship, the cost of spending time with an older woman instead of a hotter younger one. It always costs some opportunity but then so does EVERY life choice.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say that there is almost always an "exchange" that occurs in regards to sex, especially in relationships. When a girl is putting out on the regular, they want some sort of collateral, which usually equates to commitment, money, or emotional involvement.

It's not that they don't enjoy sex on a raw physical level, it's just that sex is almost NEVER a stand-alone activity for them. It has to be accompanied by some form emotional value or security assurance. This is the way they are wired. They know that if there is one thing men cannot go without, it is sex; so it follows that conditions can be placed on a steady flow of pvssy.

I think a woman's need for security and valuation comes before sex. I know not everyone agrees with this, and I will add the caveat that when a woman wants to get laid she will certainly get it, but in the scheme of a female's life there is a hierarchy of needs: Attention (valuation), security (provision), validation, and support.

Men, on the other hand, need an adventure to live (a mission), a battle to fight (a project, a struggle, or something to conquer), and a woman to care for him physically. It's not that we don't desire security in some forms or emotional closeness with a woman, but our life MISSION will (or should) mostly have priority with respect to relational needs. This is part of what makes a man, a Man. Women are generally better keepers of relationships and family, while men are the builders, the providers, and the explorers. That is NOT to absolve men from pulling their weight in a relationship, but people don't want to recognize this truth anymore.

MikeEdward1973

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My signature line speaks directly to this.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I am by far an expert on this kind of stuff.

But I really, really rarely meet the kind of women you're talking about. The last three girlfriends I had, while all having a few issues, all wanted sex from me as much (if not more) than I wanted it from them.

Maybe it's the liberal, left-coast mentality of my town, but the girls/women here seem much more accepting of their sexuality than the girls you guys seem to be meeting.

Maybe it's just that your girls are hotter.... ;)

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Though I never had the opportunity to be with a woman that was satisfied with just sex for a long period of time (fb, if you will), i'm a bit surprised RT never met a woman like that given his greater experience over mine.

For the short term, I can hook a woman on sex np. But it has been my experience that after a bit of that, they always eventually want more or something in exchange for it.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
I would say that there is almost always an "exchange" that occurs in regards to sex, especially in relationships. When a girl is putting out on the regular, they want some sort of collateral, which usually equates to commitment, money, or emotional involvement.
This is good,

Of course sex will always cost you something ,,, so does grocery shopping and car repair and my doctor does not provide his services for nothing.
In most cases I am willing to make the exchange - same with sex . NOthing for nothing .
THis thread is stating the bloody obvious.

This real question is "what do you do when the perceived cost is higher than the perceived value of the sexual benefits ? "

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
This real question is "what do you do when the perceived cost is higher than the perceived value of the sexual benefits ? "
The second you have this mentality, you'll always be at a disadvantage. I think there is a difference between saying, "I have to pay for this," as oppose to, "I don't mind, I want to pay for that."

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MR_PERFECT said:
The second you have this mentality, you'll always be at a disadvantage. I think there is a difference between saying, "I have to pay for this," as oppose to, "I don't mind, I want to pay for that."
You are missing the point that I was trying to make.
I have no problem with "paying" for any benefit including sex. Payment or contribution or exchange for goods or services is just a fact of life. I am very willing to pay the cost.
I am pointing out that this "deal" is fine while ever the perceived benefits are greater that the cost. THis applies to all transactions. IF I bought a new Lexus and I really still liked that car a few months later then I would consider that my "exchange" was a good one .
However the problem arise when the "purchase" reveals itself to have hidden defects and becomes problematic to the extent that the benefits of ownership drop BELOW the value of the initial cost of acquisition and the cost of daily mainentance.

THis situation is frequently what brings men to this forum in their relationships with women.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had a few live-in g/f's. Thinking back on it, even when it seemed like they paid their share, it always ALWAYS ended up that I had less money when I was on my own. Hmmm....something doesn't add up....

My first real g/f was a few years older than me, and she told me about how she had moved in with an attorney as his roommate, but before long they were "b/f and g/f". She didn't speak of him as she did other guys she dated, and it was fairly clear that it was an exchange of sex for a place to stay.

A good friend of mine has an ex g/f as a roommate. (crazy, I know) Although neither one will admit it to me, they have sex. She let it slip a couple of times that part of the reason why she stays there is because he lets her slide on the rent from time to time, and "where else can I stay that will let me do that"?

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sex, like anything else, is a commodity or service.

You will pay for it with time and money, just like anything else.

The social stigma that surrounds sex makes the market work a little differently than that of true commodities and services, however. Nonetheless, its an interesting market.

Ballie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its like a cell phone - either you pay contract (LTR or marriage) or pay as you go - one night stands, hookers, etc. Only when you are in your early twenties is it for nothing.