Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

You think it should matter, but it doesn't...

Reaction score
Transcribed from GQ:

REMEMBER WHAT MATTERS

by Chuck Klosterman

As is so often the case, the best advice I ever received came from a drunken, bitter man with a patently ridiculous soul patch. It has been said that you are only as old as you feel, and-- if that is indeed true-- this 27 year-old surfer doofus was approximately 146. And what he taught me was this: You think it should matter, but it doesn't.

I was semi-madly in love with a woman who lived 800 miles away, in Minneapolis, and I'd heard a rumour that she had begun casually dating another man. This was predictably vexing, and I felt my only recourse was to go nuclear. Her birthday was Oct. 16th, and I suspected her new paramour might give her flowers. My plan was to send her two dozen long-stemmed roses; this way, even if the New Guy went for the jugular and gave her a dozen of his own, his gift would suddenly be dwarfed by the monolithic magnitude of my romantic gesture. So this is what I did. And the night before they arrived at her desk, I met this 146 year-old punk in a bar and asked him if he thought this move was brilliant or pathetic.

"Neither", he replied. "If she likes you, she'll think it was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for her; if she doesn't like you, it will totally freak her out. And if you had sent her nothing, that wouldn't matter, either. If she likes you, she'd find your indifference appealing and powerful; if she doesn't, your indifference would simply validate her belief that you're not the person she should be with. So give her everything or give her nothing. You think it should matter, but it doesn't.

lil devun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sure.. but then again nothing really matters. if thats the way you want to think about life then go for it but you'll probly get no where. what you just said isnt as much of a tip as it is a mindset (and frankly, not a very good one). consider this quote, "you'll be dissapointed if you fail, but you are ****ed if you dont try"

and just a little suggestion.. never say anything i copied and pasted below ever again lol

"This was predictably vexing, and I felt my only recourse was to go nuclear."
"jugular"
"paramour"
"monolithic magnitude"

Foreigner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don Juan de la Nuce
You think it should matter, but it doesn't.
This simple sentence conveys many of the main principles that will lead a man to succeeding in life in general and with women in particular: independence, stability, freedom, boldness, balanced self-consciousness etc...

----------
[Edit:]

Hey Lil Devun,
It all depends on how you look at it :). It is truly possible that the essense of the drunk man's words was indifference to life..., but I believe that keeping this thought in mind is a good idea, of course as long as it's in the appropriate proportions (i.e. keeps your mind independent and not passive and apathetic)

Originally posted by lil devun
and just a little suggestion.. never say anything i copied and pasted below ever again lol

"jugular"
"paramour"
"monolithic magnitude"
ROFL :p

Reaction score
Whoa, man...

Originally posted by lil devun
sure.. but then again nothing really matters. if thats the way you want to think about life then go for it but you'll probly get no where. what you just said isnt as much of a tip as it is a mindset (and frankly, not a very good one). consider this quote, "you'll be dissapointed if you fail, but you are ****ed if you dont try"

Maybe you should read it again, this time slower. It may increase your comprehension rate. Then again, maybe not...

The moral of the story is that in a lot of situations, if you have chemistry with a girl then it won't matter much what you do, she'll still like you; and if you don't, it won't matter much what you do, she still won't like you.

Another great way I've heard this said is:

True love can never be found where it doesn't exist, and it cannot be denied where it does.

Here's another big word for you:

Ruminate on that for awhile.

"jugular"
"paramour"
"monolithic magnitude"
Another case of speaking before thinking, apparently...

In case you didn't note, I didn't write this article, I merely transcribed it from GQ magazine for it's grain of truth.

You should be thanking me, once you understand.

Reaction score
Re: Re: You think it should matter, but it doesn't...

Originally posted by Foreigner
This simple sentence conveys many of the main principles that will lead a man to succeeding in life in general and with women in particular: independence, stability, freedom, boldness, balanced self-consciousness etc...
Amen to that, brother. At least someone understood...

Clint Eastwood

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with foreigner and Don Juan. If there's chemistry, and it's strong enough, nothing you do will matter. I hate to say it, but that seems to be the case.

But, more importantly... this gets at the essence of being a man and a true DJ. A real man or DJ will just do what he wants to in this situation or any other. All the while, KNOWING, that he is doing the right thing no matter what. Notice I said KNOWING. Not guessing, analyzing, asking for advice, or doubting. But, KNOWING.

And how does he know. Because he has the right mindset, attitude and confidence that come with knowing he's a man and being totally comfortable with that and with his sexuality.

And, as foreigner noted, this will make him successful in any endeavor in life.