You only have power, when you know it

Tyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been observing these forums in the past, not in the past few months though, and never contributed. There are some great tips, and I would like to pay back and share something that has helped me a lot personally. Now, this is probably nothing new and fundamental but a little mind exercise/self building block (kind off) put in new context (i hope). So, I tell you a little true story.

I have always thought of me being a good leader and motivator but I had never put my skills to test probably because of lack of confidence or opportunities. Now, I was spending my last month in the army. My friends (lower officers also) always thought I was nothing special albeit a decent leader nevertheless. I didn't mind even though I was fairly certain I could beat them when it comes to leadership, yet I never did. Point is, I was fairly certain. You feel me, it was a time for reality check and a little self exploration.

About midnight we got an order to do some basic stuff relevant to us, kind of test from our superiors to see what we have learned. Now I was given the same task as the guy who hadn't thought much about me. It was time to change that, not for him, but for me. Just before the mission I went very deep in myself and said to myself that I would do anything in my power to succeed in this and show that I have the ability if I so choose. The end is history for me, I "beat the guy by far, gave superior performance and was noted by my superiors to be one of the greatest displays of leadership in near future. When I had finished, I put exactly that moment in my mind so I would always remember the feeling. And I do. So now when it comes to leadership im not fairly certain I can perform BUT I know I can do it if I so choose. I have the power.

So most of you probably can see the relevance when it comes to pursuing women. Some of you probably are in the position that you are building up confidence but you don't know whetever you can succeed. Now you see this girl you are fairly certain you can handle but wont do it (I suggest you do even if for this exercise) because you are not intrested in her, ultimately lack the confidence even if u can't admit it or whatever the reason. Now, go to deep in your mind and think "I can do this, and I will just to show me that I have the power" If you succeed think very hard for that moment and memorize the feeling (think of some very good song or pinch yourself (not my ideas)). Now think of this moment everytime you see that kind of girl. Congratulations, you have build a very powerful building block in your confidence. Now you know you can go for that kind of women and succeed if you so choose

This has served me well and have given me the ability to be in control. If nothing else, this certainly is good self examination. So in all, this is nothing new and just puts ideas together but I hope even one of you is going to try it out and get the building block I have too. Then I consider this post a success! Charge on ! (as the saying goes :rockon: )

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tyron said:
I have been observing these forums in the past, not in the past few months though, and never contributed. There are some great tips, and I would like to pay back and share something that has helped me a lot personally. Now, this is probably nothing new and fundamental but a little mind exercise/self building block (kind off) put in new context (i hope). So, I tell you a little true story.

I have always thought of me being a good leader and motivator but I had never put my skills to test probably because of lack of confidence or opportunities. Now, I was spending my last month in the army. My friends (lower officers also) always thought I was nothing special albeit a decent leader nevertheless. I didn't mind even though I was fairly certain I could beat them when it comes to leadership, yet I never did. Point is, I was fairly certain. You feel me, it was a time for reality check and a little self exploration.

About midnight we got an order to do some basic stuff relevant to us, kind of test from our superiors to see what we have learned. Now I was given the same task as the guy who hadn't thought much about me. It was time to change that, not for him, but for me. Just before the mission I went very deep in myself and said to myself that I would do anything in my power to succeed in this and show that I have the ability if I so choose. The end is history for me, I "beat the guy by far, gave superior performance and was noted by my superiors to be one of the greatest displays of leadership in near future. When I had finished, I put exactly that moment in my mind so I would always remember the feeling. And I do. So now when it comes to leadership im not fairly certain I can perform BUT I know I can do it if I so choose. I have the power.

So most of you probably can see the relevance when it comes to pursuing women. Some of you probably are in the position that you are building up confidence but you don't know whetever you can succeed. Now you see this girl you are fairly certain you can handle but wont do it (I suggest you do even if for this exercise) because you are not intrested in her, ultimately lack the confidence even if u can't admit it or whatever the reason. Now, go to deep in your mind and think "I can do this, and I will just to show me that I have the power" If you succeed think very hard for that moment and memorize the feeling (think of some very good song or pinch yourself (not my ideas)). Now think of this moment everytime you see that kind of girl. Congratulations, you have build a very powerful building block in your confidence. Now you know you can go for that kind of women and succeed if you so choose

This has served me well and have given me the ability to be in control. If nothing else, this certainly is good self examination. So in all, this is nothing new and just puts ideas together but I hope even one of you is going to try it out and get the building block I have too. Then I consider this post a success! Charge on ! (as the saying goes :rockon: )

Its hard....without even thinking about what will happen, what you will say, and just following the 3 second rule, you are still NERVOUS.

There seems nothing I can tell to myself to stop being nervous.

Do you know what problem I had in High School? I was a POOR speaker...I gave the worst presentations ever. I was shy and scared of public speaking.

I am in college now and I took a speech class. I won people's awards 2 times - once in speech class, and once in management class for best presentation.

Why? I come out there and I RIP THAT SH*T and I KNOW I can do it. People LOVE ME. Girls love me and find me real HOT, and those I talk to far away that I met always tell me "Dude...you have all it takes to screw any girl you want, you don't even need a smooth game, you're like a taller version of Brad Pitt, JUST GO FOR IT".

Regardless of how many of them say that, what they say, how these girls I know try to boost my confidence - I am still not sure...

When I try to tell myself "I can do this" - it comes out as "I can do this..???"

Its awful hard, I don't know why...

greenlake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the tip. i'm glad u succeed in it. but i'm don't think this one will work for me. but i know someone else will find it helpful.

taller brad pitt? hahahah, that's great. i bet that really boast up ur confidence. my friend called me the asian tom cruise(i know they're j/k but it really made me feel great.) when i got my hair cut this semester.

Tyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
For this to work, or that you even can try it out, you already need to have some confidence and I quess a bit different mind set. But basicly all im saying is, when you are confident enough to make the approach and succeed in it so that it felt natural and you got a good feeling, remember that moment. Certainly if you bang hb10, you know you can hit her hb7 friend if you so choose. But you are right, this does not help for the initial anxiety. In the end it's more like knowing what you can do and what you cannot, and not just watching aside and think "im as good as that guy, i could do it" Ok, im rambling here. :<

Thanks for the feed back, I hope some can relate their expriences and get what im trying to say here. :)

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tyron said:
For this to work, or that you even can try it out, you already need to have some confidence and I quess a bit different mind set. But basicly all im saying is, when you are confident enough to make the approach and succeed in it so that it felt natural and you got a good feeling, remember that moment. Certainly if you bang hb10, you know you can hit her hb7 friend if you so choose. But you are right, this does not help for the initial anxiety. In the end it's more like knowing what you can do and what you cannot, and not just watching aside and think "im as good as that guy, i could do it" Ok, im rambling here. :<

Thanks for the feed back, I hope some can relate their expriences and get what im trying to say here. :)
But how do you do this then...how do you make yourself KNOW? What if I didn't bang an HB10. What if you only banged somewhat slutty girls who went on to you by themselves...

What can be done?