Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

You know what's really gay?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what's really gay?

The fact that women don't have the equivalent to the term "that's GAY".

Think about it. Men are expected to be MEN, and if we act in a way that could be considered the slightest bit feminine, we get called out by someone, and usually they say "that's GAY".

But there is no such term to hold women accountable for their femininity. Ever see a woman get called ANYTHING for dressing in baggy sweats, a sloppy t-shirt, and flip flops? Of course not. But if a guy does the slightest little thing that could be construed as compromising his masculinity, he is immediately chastised.

Kind of messed up, don't you think?

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Down here -"down under", it is considered Gay for a man to read the "expiraton date" on groceries. Real men just eat the stuff - no REAL AUSSIE man spends a microsecond worrying about "best before 05/07/ 2000" or " Use by March 1998."
That reminds me -I need to defrost that crocodile meat that I shot back in '94. Bar-b-que tonight !

Ha !!

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wjh said:
Uh, ya.

"Ugly"
"Plain"
"Boring"

Basically any antonym of the word "Hot"
You missed the point.

The point is, they might get called SOMETHING, but it has nothing to do with the fact that she isn't being FEMININE.

Any moderately civilized woman isn't going to call you gay unless you make some flagrant references to the Rainbow Side... In which case you might enjoy a little TLC from a man. And that's OK... I'm just saying.
They might not CALL you gay, but I know quite a few women and i have heard them talk about guys and MANY times they have said, "I think that guy/those guys are GAY". I know it's a little different when a woman says it. Actually it's usually SERIOUS when a woman says it.

I was out at a club on St Paddys day with a girl I dated awhile back and several of her female friends. Some guys who one of the other girls worked with were also there, and these guys were ALL trying to get up on these girls I know. I walked in and got showered with hugs and kisses and these guys were looking at me like "WTF??????".

I didn't really talk to these guys, but they looked straight enough to me and they were all trying to hook up with my lady friends, so I didn't pay them a passing thought. the funny thing is, the chick I dated kept saying "I think those guys are all gay". She repeated it several times that night, and even the next day. Even though one of the guys DID end up hooking up with one of the chicks.

But back to the point. The point is, guys call guys "gay" as a joke, but it's still meant to be a stab at your masculinity. Women call guys "gay" because they see some kind of feminine trait. It is all an attempt to keep masculinity in check, and there isn't a female equivalent.

That's what I'm saying.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Butch. Not bych, butch. That's the word you're searching for.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a man nothing is worse then being called a Homo by another man.

For a woman nothing is worse then being called a slut by another woman. The funny thing about it is that all women are sluts but try to maintain a level of sophistication and discretion about it until they are called one, then they lose it.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stop.
you guys play around with someone and you say "your gay"
we girls play around with each other and we say "you slut" or "hey ho"
however we can only do it with certain friends.

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomboy and butch are the words you are looking for, but they don't carry the same semantic meaning as 'gay'. Frankly I don't think there's such a word, because while men are expected to all act masculine, women can act any damn way they want and not get called for it (at least if one sticks to normal, PC treatment anyway).

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think being considered ugly is probably the female equivalent of a guy being gay. They are constantly competing with each other over who has the nicest hair, body, outfits and all that stuffed. They pump billions a year into the economy just trying to be pretty. Men don't go to beauty salons. Also interesting how women can go to a club with their friends, dance with each other the whole night, not talk to a single guy and be having a blast. You won't see a bunch of dude's dancing with each other having a blast unless they are as queer as a $3 bill. The sexes are just different.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeeGee said:
Tomboy and butch are the words you are looking for, but they don't carry the same semantic meaning as 'gay'. Frankly I don't think there's such a word, because while men are expected to all act masculine, women can act any damn way they want and not get called for it (at least if one sticks to normal, PC treatment anyway).
That's exactly what I am saying.

Women are not held accountable for their femininity as men are for their masculinity.

It's a double standard.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a chick farts in front of you, what can you say to her for being "less than feminine"? You don't call her a "slµt", you don't call her butch...

STR8UP's grievance is that there isn't a handy slang word equivalent for the expression "gay" that carries the same connotation for women.

If a guy farts in front of me, and there are "ladies" present as well, I can call him "gay" (slang). However, if a woman farts in front of me, I can't call her "gay".

STR8UP, the word is "unladylike". You can't be lazy and just call a woman who just farted in front of you "gay". You have to take a deep breath and say "That was not ladylike behavior." or "That was unladylike for you to pass gas where I could hear it and potentially smell it."

The terms "slµt" and "ho" only have negative connotations towards their sexuality, whereas "unladylike" attacks their femininity and their behavior.

You see guys "being gay" all the time. However, you "rarely" ever hear, "Those women with the tennis shoes and jeans over there are very unladylike. Gadzooks! One just adjusted her brassiere in front of everyone!"

Women can fart and scratch during the national anthem, "bring home the bacon/fry it up in a pan", get tattoos, swear, burp, interrupt a man while he's talking... whatever they want, and men are STILL expected to hold the door for them!

Double standard indeed, STR8UP.

Metro3pilot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know STR8 ,

the fact she brought the gay issue up the next day ..may have been her ego protection maybe they did not make a move on her ...

remember what Pook said, a chick calling you gay is the ultimate compliment because she's thinking of you in a sexual way, wondering why you won't make a move blah blah blah

or you're really gay.....

:rockon:

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Metro3pilot said:
I don't know STR8 ,

the fact she brought the gay issue up the next day ..may have been her ego protection maybe they did not make a move on her ...

remember what Pook said, a chick calling you gay is the ultimate compliment because she's thinking of you in a sexual way, wondering why you won't make a move blah blah blah

or you're really gay.....

Well, as I said I dated this chick in the past. And there actually were a couple of times I did see these guys trying to move in on her. Thing is she was sticking close to me that night, rubbing on my arms and hands and such which was sending a pretty strong signal that she didn't want these other guys bothering her.

And I would say there's a big difference between being asked if you are gay and being CALLED gay behind your back.

Metro3pilot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know man I have had a lot of chicks call me gay ...ask me if I was gay and the night always ended the same ...

my dyck in her mouth

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Metro3pilot said:
I don't know man I have had a lot of chicks call me gay ...ask me if I was gay and the night always ended the same ...

my dyck in her mouth

What do you do or say that convinces them to be with you?

Does your PU strategy change? Do you take the gay question as a sign of high IL?

Just wondering

Metro3pilot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't it as a sign of high interest per se ...... but I do think about what pook says ....

the two times it has happened I was being aggressive, so I slow my game down

I laugh at them .. then slowly finish my drink while looking at her once in a while throw her a smile ..after my drink ..I told them ..well nice meeting you I must be going now .....

the twice this has happened in a bar setting ( not club ) both chicks asked if they could come with me ... then I go back to being aggressive sexually ...

for what it's worth .....

Roulette

Don Juan
Reaction score
"That's butch"

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
For a man nothing is worse then being called a Homo by another man.

For a woman nothing is worse then being called a slut by another woman. The funny thing about it is that all women are sluts but try to maintain a level of sophistication and discretion about it until they are called one, then they lose it.
calling a woman slut is so overused it's meaningless to a woman, even if its from a woman. calling her a wh@re, a biatch is equally meaningless. most women actually know they're sluts, wh@res and biatches.

call a chick...drumroll please...A CUUUNT!

THEY HATE THAT. try it yourself, and see what kind of magic that works in pissing her off.