Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

You know what time it is... backbreakers 2017 kentuvcky derby thread

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i haven't forgotten about you guys.

this is one of the races that test our metal as a handicapper. i'm going to tell you this now, there is a god chance, i lose this race. but my handicapping is pointing me towardsa horse htat is currenlty to 21-1 and i trust my hanciapping . i don't mind losing i do not not winning when i know i'm right

Gromley, that's your winner. most class. best jockey. best trainer. best bred.

the last 5 derby winners are from california. gromley won the Santa Anita derby.

none of the ohter horses are overly impressive. i meean, literally nothing would shock me in this race it's wide open. but i would stay away from the florida hosres including the fav always dreaming that track breaks h orses don.

if you want a 'safer" choice go with classic empire but he's slow and too pace dependant for my tastes

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering earlier if there was going to be a backbreaker Derby thread. Looks like you missed it this year though. Sounded like a tough year to pick.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well yeah and no.

i've always liked alawys dreaming. i rememer his older sister hot dixie chick. i liked his sire and i love his damsire in excess. what i did not like was his trainer who was 1 for 45 in the derby before yesterday. i mean, if a trainer is 1 for 45 is going to beat me he just has to beat me and i tip my hat and move on.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then there's the fact that the track was very wet. I'm guessing that might have been a factor, even though I don't know the first thing about horse racing. I've been to Churchill Downs though.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pedigree wise, empire maker who is his grand sire, beat funny cide in the belmont on a sloppy track. i wouldnt say he was bred to run on a soppy track but it didn't hurt.

but horses on the lead on a sloppy track get brave they don't have to exert as much energy to glide across the track i told my wife the race was over and she knew it too when they turned into the last turn he was on cruise control

also horses dont really like having mud thrwn in their face

you saw the 2 horse throw a hissy fit when they opened the gate

preakness easy money always dreaming won't lose. it's a speed track he's a speed horse and half the horses are skipping the preakness.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it's not your year, backbreaker.
The thing about these Triple Crown races that always amazes me is how they use hours of coverage for an event that lasts about two minutes.