Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

You ever wonder how insignificant we really are.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It has been proven time and time again that religion cannot be debated here. No-one is going to change anyones beliefs...

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon83050,

I'm not religious but I feel I can add at least a little to this discussion.

Try not to think of religion too literally. Things usually go bad when people do that. What's important are the stories and lessons in taught in religion. Religion is really an ancient form of myth. Like all myth, there are many valuable lessons to learn. Just don't take it too literally. For example, living a life in fear because you might not go to heaven is not worth it. That is taking religion too literally. It's hard to explain, but try to see through the words and look for the meaning.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aftershock said:
It has been proven time and time again that religion cannot be debated here. No-one is going to change anyones beliefs...
Peoples views are changed by debate all the time. Sure, many who flame back and forth have entrenched views, in religious debates particularly, but there are always people looking to examine an issue dispassionately.

I used to believe in God when i was a kid. Didn't have a religious upbringing, never went to church, but I prayed, because it was comforting I guess.

As I got older and was exposed to the arguments of the atheists, and developed a more rational mind, I concluded that there was no evidence for God, and that most religions were in the business of power and money.

Besides, it's always fun asking Christians questions they can't answer like do monkeys go to heaven and if not why not? I bet if Jesus had a pet monkey he'd be allowed.

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, Roman Catholics have done bad things in the past (Crusades, Inquisitions) etc. but Roman Catholics have been quiet in the last 500 years.
Correction mahon83050, It is the Religion of Roman Catholicism that initiated the Crusades and the Inquisition Killing and destroying any one NOT a Roman Catholic, including Jews, Muslims and the True Christian Believers refusing Catholic Doctrine. Roman Catholics labeled True Christian believers as Infidels, destroying many of the original bible manuscripts.

PeterNorthisawesome
I guess you haven't heard of nero and the early persecutions in Rome of the first believers in Christ. Thousands among thousands gave there life willing in the name of the Lord Christ Jesus. Those believers in Christ Died Cause they knew that the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ was true, that he came to this World without sin, but was willing to take our punishment for our transgressions by God's Love for us. That he was resurrected and lives today, offering anyone willing to believe and accept his free gift of eternal life.

I too was one who he died for and I was convinced of what the Lord Jesus Christ said about himself in the The Holy Bible. I accepted his Free gift of eternal life, and I do know with my heart that it is true.

And if It comes the point that I have to give my Life because of the Lord Christ Jesus, I have full assurance that I'll be with him in Heaven.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
Peoples views are changed by debate all the time. Sure, many who flame back and forth have entrenched views, in religious debates particularly, but there are always people looking to examine an issue dispassionately.

I used to believe in God when i was a kid. Didn't have a religious upbringing, never went to church, but I prayed, because it was comforting I guess.

As I got older and was exposed to the arguments of the atheists, and developed a more rational mind, I concluded that there was no evidence for God, and that most religions were in the business of power and money.

Besides, it's always fun asking Christians questions they can't answer like do monkeys go to heaven and if not why not? I bet if Jesus had a pet monkey he'd be allowed.
I agree with what you are saying; but SoSuave isn't the place for it. The members have proved over time that they cannot have a debate on religion.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
bbestar said:
Correction mahon83050, It is the Religion of Roman Catholicism that initiated the Crusades and the Inquisition Killing and destroying any one NOT a Roman Catholic, including Jews, Muslims and the True Christian Believers refusing Catholic Doctrine. Roman Catholics labeled True Christian believers as Infidels, destroying many of the original bible manuscripts.

Isn't that what I said, the Roman Catholics.

I see you are from Richmond, Va and must be a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.

While I can agree with some Protestant attacks against the church, I see Protestantanism as a "copout" in a way. I know Protestants don't believe we are judged on any good works that we do in this life. I interpret that as Protestants saying this: "Don't even bother to try and be a good person, it won't save you from hell or get you into heaven. Heck, you can still be a selfish a-hole and treat people like garbage, but as long as you believe Jesus Christ is your lord and savior, you are saved." Don't even bother trying to live a righteous life.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe that organized religion has such a negative effect on people. I'm an extremely spiritual person, I believe in the ebb and flow of the universe and that my attitude very much dictates what comes around to me (and no I havent read the fvcking Secret either). It pains me to see people flocking to a religion that's brainwashing them into relinquishing their spark, their individuality, their humanity. I hate seeing people brainwashing themselves into thinking they're happy and "getting into heaven" by doing things they obviously do not really want to do, only to appease a God that gave them the very desires they wish to act upon, but must suppress in order to follow some holy book.

Most of the happiest and most mentally stable people I've met have been the nicest, most friendly agnostics ever. Most of the most hateful, deceptive pigs I've met have been Christians. Maybe if Christians (and followers of other religions) stopped obeying rules that go against the human will, soul, and heart, then the world would start being better and people would hate less. Religion makes people oppress their feelings and put on a veil of fake security and happiness, all so they can do well in some afterlife...but, how about feeling good in this life?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the last time, political and religious debates are not allowed on SoSuave. There are 4.8 million results on google when querying "religious forum". Feel free to post on any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.