You aren't perfect... and neither is anyone else

bust.it

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess you could call this an epiphany of sorts. The last few weeks I've been rather down... not sure why, but a little more depressed than usual. Mainly my attitude has been "the world against me" and I've felt isolated at times.

About an hour ago, I was walking back from dinner and one of the finest HB on campus catches up to me and gives me a quick "hey". Immediately I notice that something's wrong and I so I ask her how she's doing, to which she replies, "oh, I'm having problems with the guys... they're being mean to me".

WHAT????

Here was this blonde hair blue eyed babe, who's seen surrounded by girls and guys alike, popular and pretty smart, without a care in the world. She's perfect .

OR IS SHE?

Nope!!! Well, let's just say that it woke me up. I'd wake up in the morning and imagine everyone i knew was happy, confident, satisfied.. and I had to get through the day to try my best to stay on top of things. It's completely untrue.

The truth is, EVERYONE has problems. From the skinny nerdy kid to the varsity athelete to the four-eyed spanish girl to the HB in the tight leather skirt. Of course people will try to hide or ignore (or DJs: accept and improve) their problems, but alas: they're still there.

Stop being jealous about better-looking guys. Stop dreaming about the day you'll be "like him". Stop wishing you were with the "perfect 10". They have problems or worries that you don't.

So take a deep breath.

And you'll begin to realize, just as I did, that everyone is fighting his own battle.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Good post, everyone has their skeletons in the closet. However, some have worse or more problems than others. I have had depression problems, which to me, is probably one of the most horrible things a human being can experience. The worst thing about depression is, people cannot tell or DO NOT know you are suffering. A person who is depressed can come off as shy, cold and just an angry miserable person who CHOSE to be like that. Of course this is far from the truth and depression has "robbed" them from being themselves. This is why I want to stop drinking... Alcohol is like adding fuel to the fire, since it in itself is a depressant. Once again, good post.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome post, dude! It IS really easy to get caught up and make ourselves the center of the universe. We get to thinking "Woe is me! Everybody else has it so much better!"
That example with the HB is a real wake-up call. Nobody's invulnerable to problems.

One thing I like to remember that relates to this in a way is that everybody takes sh*ts. I found that in the Bible somewhere. Next time you can't work up the nerve to approach a chick, picture her "tearin' up da club."

Lionheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True.

It is important to realise that the girl with the beautiful looks never had to do anything to gain them.

Therefore being beautiful does not neccesarily make someone special, I have been fooling around with a digital camera recently and I have realised that I am above average looking, but I look everso slightly 'strange', however I have a great personality, and understand the DJ system.

It amazes me that we men put people on Pedestals for something as shallow as beauty....

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another bump for a righteous post.