Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Yookiwooki's Bulking Journal

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Satruday

Back from the gym, and I had a typical workout. Feeling stronger with the 135 squat. I will be moving up on that next time.

Again, is there room in this program for decline and incline bench? Is the entire chest worked enough by normal bench press or is there another exercise in the program that is taking care of it?

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday

PR'd in everything today! Helped to have a spotter.

Squats:
145 X 5
145 X 5
145 X 5

Deadlifts:
145 X 5
145 X 5
145 X 5

Benchpress:
135 X 5
135 X 5
135 X 5

Dips
Body Weight X 10
Body Weight X 10
Body Weight X 10

Still hangin in there a little above 150 lbs. I'm not seeing ridiculous gains possibly because im really not eating like I should. I am however eating more than I used to.

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wednesday

Wow time is flying by this summer. I'm glad to see some improvement since when I started.

Squats:
145 X 5
145 X 5
145 X 5

Military Press: (Will be moving up next time)
85 X 5
85 X 5
85 X 5

Bent Rows: (Still need to learn how to really do this properly)
95 X 5
115 X 5
115 X 5
115 X 5

Pullups: These continue to be just as hard as when I started... weird
Body Weight X 8
Body Weight X 8

Felt really good today after leaving the gym. I wonder if its possible to be addicted to weightlifting...

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday

Workout two days ago was pretty good. Little late on writing it down, meh...

Squats: (Added 10 pounds. Amazingly, it felt easier than ever)
155 X 5
155 X 5
155 X 5

Deadlift:
145 X 5
145 X 5
145 X 5

Bench Press: (I am ready to move up in this)
135 X 5
135 X 5
135 X 5

Dips: 2 Sets of 10 with only bodyweight

I'm really improving in the weight room. I'm still hanging around 150 pounds though :/ I know I still have a little left of the noob gain to go, I just need to EAT MORE

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday

No gains today. I did the Squat, Shoulder Press, Bent Row, Pullup day today.

Feeling good on the squat. Think I'll move up AGAIN to 165 this week.

Need to work on diet still. Tomorrow I'm committing myself to getting at least a great breakfast. I find that the meal I have for breakfast sets the tone for all the meals of the day.

Still around 150-151. I still need to gain 5 pounds by September to make my goal.

I'm thinking about adding 4th day each week to my program. This day will be chest: Bench Press, Incline Press, Decline Press. I will do this once a week the day after the times that I don't do bench press.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you doing the exercises in that order? You should probably do the bench in between the squat and deadlift to give your lower body a break. Don't mess with the program any more than you already have, you don't need an entire day for benching.

Tenzen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work man. One thing i noticed is your moving up in weight on everything u do except pullups/dips. Put a DB between your feet to make it more effective. Start low 5lb~10b. Doing an exercise over and over again at the same weight for a long time is actually doing more harm then good. Unless you do more reps then 8 but thats more on the endurance part.

Cheers ~

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Forgot to write about wednesday's workout...

I went up to 165 on squat and it felt pretty good. I'll do it again today and maybe move up again next week.

Also of note... used 15lb dumbell with dips. WOW I can really feel the difference! I was able to complete 2 sets of 8 but just barely. Today I'll try weighted pullups.

Feeling pretty good. My weight is still around 150, but I'm hoping to see an increase today when I weigh in.

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday

FRIDAY!

Squat: (Ready to move up.. WOOT!)
165 X 5
165 X 5
165 X 5

Shoulder Press: (Moved up 10 lbs)
95 X 5
95 X 5
95 X 5

Deadlift: (I have not really found my limit for this yet. Decided to match Squat weight today)
165 X 5
165 X 5
165 X 5

Pullups:
2 sets of 8 (with 10 lb dumbell. feels good :D )

Seeing rapid improvement in the weightroom, but not so much improvement on the scale (Weight is still 150) hmmmm

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to put some weight on the bar with the deadlift. It should be quite a bit higher than the squat at this stage. If its comfortable and your form feels good, get some more plates on there!

If your weight hasn't increased for a few weeks, bump up the calories. 200-300 extra a day and more if need be. If you aren't already getting 300g of protein a day, get the extra food in the form of protein. Beef and eggs are your friends. If you are, add in two tablespoons of olive oil a day.

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday

Workout

Bench: (Tried to move up. Felt like **** on first set so I moved down... maybe next time.)
145 X 5
135 X 5
135 X 5

Squat: (I'm finally good at squats :cool: )
165 X 5
165 X 5
165 X 5

Barbell Row: (Looked at some videos and learned proper form. Much easier to do now and I know I'm using my back and not my arms.)
115 X 5
135 X 5
135 X 5
135 X 5

Dips: (Held 15lb dumbell with feet)
15 X 8
15 X 8

I did a few body weight pullups with my friend for the hell of it too.

Feeling good... Still at 152 though :(

I was teaching swimming lessons today and one of my kids (like 4 years old) said, "Your muscles look almost as big as my dad's"
thought that was cute and i feel good at least someone is noticing a change haha

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wednesday

Had a pretty good workout today. I felt like I put everything into it and it was good.

Squat: (PR!!! Moved up a whole 10 lbs. and it felt great!)
175 X 5
175 X 5
175 X 5

Deadlift: ( I know I shouldn't do this right after squat but I forgot. However, I think I have finally found the weight I should have been doing.)
185 X 5
185 X 5 (Ripped ass on this one bad haha. I could hardly finish this set cause I was laughing so hard.)
185 X 5

Shoulder Press:
95 X 5
95 X 5
95 X 5

Pullups:
2 sets of 8 with 15lbs. dumbell on feet

I ran out of whey so I bought a new better brand and I bought carbohydrate powder too.

Feeling GREAT!

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm squatting as low as I can which is a little below paralell. I'm not quite ass to grass yet but I'm working on it.

Do you think I'm increasing weight too fast to be keeping good form?

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not neccasarily. I think that the deadlift should be higher compared with the squat.

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still trying to find where I should be with the deadlift. I'm definetly going to add at least 10 pounds next time I work out. In your opinion, is that enough?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should only be doing 1 set of deadlifts.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
You should only be doing 1 set of deadlifts.
S*** I missed that.

Well that will help, but how hard do the deads feel? All I'm saying is if your squats are at least a bit below parallel, your deadlift should be a good deal ahead. An exact number can't be put on it, but more than 10lbs. It will depend on how you are built and how good you are at each lift.

Keep up the good work anyway.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ True, the deadlift should be a lot higher than the squat assuming he is squatting deep enough. And he will probably be able to increase the weight on his deadlifts significantly if he only has to do 1 set instead of 3.