Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Yoga... no DJ will regret giving it a try.

John Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some advice for those looking to improve their physical shape: spend a couple days running through a yoga series a week and you'll not regret it. Since I started about 9 months ago, I've lost ten pants sizes, can do pushups, pullups, back bends, handstands, headstands, and everything I've ever wanted to do with a chick in bed position wise. My posture is 300 times stronger. Mentally I'm cool, confident, and calm.. focused. Yoga is a total body workout, and a mind enhancer. Just make sure you push yourself hard, and get a good instructor who stresses proper alignment. it would suck to mess up your back holding an asana the wrong way. But you can't lose giving it a try. And trust me, most yoga classes are full of HBs :) You'll likely be the only DJ in a room full of em!
-jlc

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by John Juan
Since I started about 9 months ago, I've lost ten pants sizes, can do pushups, pullups, back bends, handstands, headstands, and everything I've ever wanted to do with a chick in bed position wise. My posture is 300 times stronger. Mentally I'm cool, confident, and calm.. focused.
um... dropping ten pant sizes will do that to ya, won't it ??

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you know, someone should conduct a study comparing the effects of combining the flexibility benefits of yoga with the strength benefits of weight lifting and see what happens. I wonder if combining the two would lead to overtraining or if the yoga would enhance the effects of weightlifting...... hmm....

Puma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL
you know, someone should conduct a study comparing the effects of combining the flexibility benefits of yoga with the strength benefits of weight lifting and see what happens. I wonder if combining the two would lead to overtraining or if the yoga would enhance the effects of weightlifting...... hmm....
A bodybuilder who takes yoga would look less musclebound than a bodybuilder who did not stretch. A bodybuilder who stretched often would win in a competition against someone of similar size because he looked better.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Puma
A bodybuilder who takes yoga would look less musclebound than a bodybuilder who did not stretch.
dubious, but since I can't prove otherwise, I can't critique that. It's possible.

A bodybuilder who stretched often would win in a competition against someone of similar size because he looked better.
absolutely wrong. That has more to do with genetics than with anything else. stretching won't change the shape of your muscles.

what wins in bodybuilding competitions today is pure size = looking musclebound over aesthetic symettry. Dexter Jackson, who IMHO is the most well-developed aesthetic bodybuilder out there will never crack the top 3 in a Mr. Olympia level show because he simply doesn't have the size to compete with monsters like Coleman, Cutler, and Schlierkamp

Puma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL
stretching won't change the shape of your muscles.

[/B]
stretching won't change the shape but it will lengthin your muscles. They shorten after working out. Most bodybuilders who do not stretch look stiff while they walk. As soon as I started doing stretching exercises I found that the way I walked and handled myself was more elegant. When the mucles are longer they will look bigger when you flex.

The musclebound body is created by people who only lift weights and flex and contract their muscles, whose only thought is to get muscles. These people never go beyond the flexing an contracting to the other movements the muscles need in order to stay supple.

Last edited:

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Puma
stretching won't change the shape but it will lengthin your muscles. They shorten after working out. Most bodybuilders who do not stretch look stiff while they walk. As soon as I started doing stretching exercises I found that the way I walked and handled myself was more elegant. When the mucles are longer they will look bigger when you flex.

The musclebound body is created by people who only lift weights and flex and contract their muscles, whose only thought is to get muscles. These people never go beyond the flexing an contracting to the other movements the muscles need in order to stay supple.
I'm not arguing with you on any of this, as I happen to agree with you.

I was just arguing with you about your winning bodybuilding shows comment.

DJintheworks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just stretch 10-15 minutes before you work out. Yoga is just a term for an hour of stretching mixed with some goofy balance poses for women.

Redg v2.0

Don Juan
Reaction score
apology for no caps, but my shift key is out

according to the navy seal physical fitness guide, 'muscles that are strengthened should be stretched, and vice versa. an intense strength workout can cause microtrauma to the muscles, and the process of recovery can shorten the muscles and connective tissue. stretching prevents this shortening which could contribute to muscle strains or other overuse injuries'

the guide also makes a distinction between stretching and warming up. a warmup is really anything that increases your body temperature and stimulates the flow of blood, oxygen, and lymph. this is easily accomplished with lightly jogging in place. stretching before working out is inherently less effective than it would be to stretch following anaerobic activity. so, yoga would actually be slightly synergistic with weightlifting

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: interesting

Originally posted by little_brown_bear
anyone know of a site for free at home yoga instructions?

Try searching for "yoga for men" in k azaa.