Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Yet more female dating bs - however read between the lines

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's always amusing to read this crap and feel sorry for the poor chumps reading it, though this article has some good hidden messages for those in the know, ie us. Laugh at the stuff in bold, nod sagely at the italics.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/articleglamourmatch.aspx?cp-documentid=19845151&GT1=32023

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erin Meanley gets Patti Stanger, Bravo's Millionaire Matchmaker herself, about her new book and some of the things about single men that drive her nuts.

Erin: "What is your biggest pet peeve about the single man?"

Patti: "The fact that they don't follow through. They promise to call, they're flaky, they ask you out at the last minute. They don't respect people's schedules. They don't really have any manners. I think manners are my pet peeve. Most girls want to be courted."

Erin: "You talk about the flaky, lazy L.A. man. Any advice for dating the New York man?"

Patti: "The New York man is more likely to carpe diem it, but then again, in New York, it's five women to one guy. It's not exactly a Mecca for women. So you have to qualify the hunters from the non-hunters. A good hunter is someone who's going to see you, go up to you, introduce himself, and buy you a drink. Nothing is worse than standing at a bar, your drink needs refreshing or you don't have one, you're trying to get the bartender's attention, he's with his beer, and doesn't offer to buy you a drink, yet he's sitting there talking to you and you're like, 'Why is he talking to me, why doesn't he offer me a drink, he's cheap!'"

Erin: "I hate that! Okay, you've spoken about ageism. What is a single, 30-year-old woman like me to do?"

Patti: "You don't have to worry. You're young. Ageism is only appropriate when you're over 40. If a guy is ageist and he only wants a 20-year-old, run for the hills. He's a narcissist. You're 30! Give me a break!"

Erin: "Yeah, but all the guys on your show want a 28-year-old woman. 28 at the most."

Patti: "That's just one type. We only show you one type of millionaire man. We've also got the star of Destiny's Child and we've got a gay millionaire. It is off the charts, you will die over it."

Erin: "Let's talk about your book!"

Patti: "My book is called Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate. It teaches you how to seal the deal in a year. We all basically don't know how to date, we don't know how to qualify the buyer, how to pick who's right or wrong, we don't know where all the men are. There's a whole matchmaking map in the book. That's my favorite chapter. Where are the men? And how do we get them to come over and talk to us without speaking, because he who speaks first is male, so you want to be feminine energy.

"This is easy-breezy stuff. But, I cut out a lot of the fat. All the dating books out there are time-consuming. This is cut-to-the-chase kind of stuff. I tell you exactly what to do so you don't waste any time."

Erin: "On the show, you train a man to become a hunter, or you teach him a lesson about ageism. How can we train or teach them ourselves if we don't have a matchmaker to do the dirty work?"

Patti: "You can't really train them, except for a couple of techniques. When he calls you up at the last minute, you start off with a compliment. Like, 'Oh, that is so sweet of you asking me to your parent's birthday party, but I'm so sorry I already have plans.' Then don't say another word. Totally ignore him. Let that awkward pause happen — you do your nails, read your book, you wait for him to approach. He who initiates is male. That's very, very important. It's up to him to reschedule.

"The other thing is, you make sure he basically is very, very interested. That's getting a temperature reading. How interested is he? Does he always call you at the last minute? Are you always second-fiddle? Is he bigger-, better-dealing it? If he's bigger-, better-dealing it, you don't want him! So you qualify your buyer, which is in the book. I won't waste any time with someone who won't give me the time."

Erin: "What are your qualifications? How'd you get into matchmaking?"

Patti: "I'm a third-generation matchmaker, I ran Great Expectations for many years, I specialize in millionaires and millionairesses because they're the most difficult people to fix up. I basically am one of those people that can read vibrations. They consider me a very psychic matchmaker."

Erin: "You talk about what looks your male clients prefer. One of our readers wants to know, what is wrong with curly hair?"

Patti: "Yes, curly and wavy hair like Kate Hudson is great when it has a styling product in it and it looks silky and smooth. As long as it's approachable hair, which means he wants to touch it, he wants to put his hands in it. They're not going to feel a nest in there. If you've got healthy hair and it's naturally wavy, you're fine. I'm talking about the frizzy, damaged, really harsh hair."

Erin: "What about red hair?"

Patti: "I'm a big fan of red hair, so there's a misconception about me. Kate Walsh, Julianne Moore, Marcia Cross are all gorgeous. The problem is, the guy who likes red hair tends to be from a family of Irish Catholic redheads and he only goes for that type of customer. There are not a lot of them in the universe and they're kind of indigenous to the East Coast more than the west coast. He's a rare breed, but he's loyal to his color. So when he picks a girl, he gets off the market pretty quick. You just have to find one of those guys. The best place to find that type of guy is in an Irish pub, where you stand out. You gotta remember, when you're in a bar and you got red hair, you stand out! Compared to brunettes. We get lost in the dark."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't that informative? Read between the lines - woman want a confident manly guy. They want to feel special and have someone loyal but want to know you have a life that doesn't revolve around them. And women can be just as clueless as us - I suppose that's because they don't understand that we prefer direct communication and logic, which is an alien concept to them, whilst being subtle, indirect and emotionally aware is hard for us to grasp.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw some shades of the same things Tom Leykis harps on, namely that women should be traditional and be more feminine. I also saw a good dose of sexism and shaming guys for dating younger.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hughman said:
It's always amusing to read this crap and feel sorry for the poor chumps reading it, though this article has some good hidden messages for those in the know, ie us. Laugh at the stuff in bold, nod sagely at the italics.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/articleglamourmatch.aspx?cp-documentid=19845151&GT1=32023

Erin Meanley gets Patti Stanger, Bravo's Millionaire Matchmaker herself, about her new book and some of the things about single men that drive her nuts.

Erin: "What is your biggest pet peeve about the single man?"

Patti: "The fact that they don't follow through. They promise to call, they're flaky, they ask you out at the last minute. They don't respect people's schedules. They don't really have any manners. I think manners are my pet peeve. Most girls want to be courted."

She sounds like a bluffer. Look good and act like you know what you're talking about and most people will hang on your every word. The men they go after flake because those men have many options. If she was too concerned about flaking theres millions of AFC's who'd never flake.