Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

YES! Now how to proceed...

The Comeback Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks to Interceptor, TheSplat and ImagineMyPotential for keeping my head on straight with the current situation I am in now. Basically, a girl I get along pretty well with (but we're not really tight yet and I haven't seen her since break) seems to be testing my patience, as she seemed into a coffee date but we hadn't finalized anything. I was getting confused about the whole thing and what I should do next.

I got back to thinking straight after seeing the advice here, and after a couple texts and a phone call (I texted her to set up the tease, then called the next day to make the plans), we - I hope - have a date! So now I have two sets of questions for you guys:

1.) Since I erased my "first date" memory of recent times (I'm erasing bad memories), what's the best way to go on a coffee date? What sort of questions/banter should I be bringing up? How can I generate some kino or something sexual (my weakness)? There will probably be a line when she gets there and we have to get the coffee, so I need a plan to amuse her then too. And presuming things go well, how do I go about suggesting a second date of sorts.

2.) The demons are back too. Perhaps this was because I was flaked and stood up the last time I set up a date with a girl, but the apprehension is still there. I'm really hoping there's no funny business here such as a flake or going to the coffee shop and she never shows. And I really hope that she realizes getting coffee is a date...if for some reason she walks in and says, "what's up friend," I'm not going to be in a good mood.

The Comeback Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd appreciate any help. My goal is to make sure everything goes smoothly and make sure I know what I'm doing here.

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember, if you are having fun, so is she. While your out on the date, don't just talk to her, talk to everyone around you. Joke with them, ask everyone how their day is going and such. This shows confidence and social status. You are comfortable with yourself.

Making small talk while just doing subtly kino always works well with me. Such as grabbing her hand or putting your hand on her back while you lean close to tell her a joke about the old guy picking his nose at the table next to you. There's not much more than that with the kino that you can do at a coffee shop. After that, if she had fun, suggest doing something else right then and there. If you talk about dancing or something, suggest going out to the bar afterwards and showing her your moves (even if you suck at dancing, it's fun, and you can confidently make a goof of yourself) This provides more opportunity for kino. Once you do get the basics down, you shouldn't have a hard time escalating, but ALWAYS make sure you are escalating, so she doesn't become bored. I hope it goes well for you. Keep me updated

The Comeback Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
c'mon guys...I can use some meaningful tips here, not these things I don't even understand, probably because it doesn't make any sense.

I'd really like for this to go well, the BS answers are just annoying.

EDIT: Just saw Dannyrt34's advice, nm the above lol.

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if she pulls the hey friend line, say something like "i got enough friends but u can b enemies, just taking the advice keep ur friends close and enemies closer, so yeh thought we can just discuss are forcoming battles next month and think we may have to move feb the 2nd because i won't get any kryptonite till the 3rd" trust me i got friend zoned a lot in old times, just say lets b enemys and thats it ur out of it easy peasy lemon squeezy. Now anyways:

KINO
kino is kool just b friendly don't over do it for every chance u get, but u know, just giv her hug and kiss when u c her and end it, tap on arm few times just be friendly...play thumb wars idk lol, trust ur insticts it will tell u to escalate bit more if needed to be.

Don't worry about second date for now, just do this one if she seems kool and u enjoyed urself call her again and set another one or maybe even recommend bowling or pool after coffee whatever u feel like. When its over send her text and just say something like thanks i enjoyed myself ur quite interesting believe it or not (maybe a neg to) look forward to talking to u again but for now adios superman (lol if u carried out the enemy thing).

The Comeback Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right when things appear to be falling into place, things get tangled up once again (we had the date set for the middle of the day today)!

I sent her an inside joke-or-sorts yesterday evening. She thought it was funny, but she also said "I feel awful I'm really sick right now, I'll let you know how I'm feeling tomorrow." :cuss: I said that's fine, hope you get better, etc. However, I was pretty sure that I was seeing FLAKING once again. :cuss:

Since I feel I'm the one who needs to take action on these sorts of things (I don't sit around and wait), I call her about an hour before our date. Apparently...she really is sick. She picked up and sounded really, really off (like when you're feeling like sh*t and are just lying in bed). Of course I can't push to meet her in an hour...but I did suggest we do the same date two days later. :up: She says as long as she's feeling fine, she's good to go. We will be in touch tomorrow.

So what I thought was another "flake" could very well be a truth. I'm thinking either she really is sick (she sounded HORRIBLE on the phone) or she has a career in acting and could really be playing me. I don't think any girl (except a real b!tch) would pick up on the first couple rings and impersonate someone who is really sick, so it looks like I am still in it. :cool: And maybe - just maybe - I found a girl I can atleast trust a little bit. :p

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dam an actress lol, always give them a chance if it happens again ditch it and learn ur lesson. Dude don't worry about girls flaking, if it happens it happens. So don't have on ur mind shes going flake because once u stop playing games and b positive u will get flaked very rarely and u will b saying wtf i havn't been flaked for 10 years lol. The fact u called her before date is showing her u thought she will flake and once u start thinking like that what will the girl start thinking? yes i am going to flake something must b wrong if he seems to think so.

But good job dude keep up the updates.

The Comeback Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rushing dude 123 said:
dam an actress lol, always give them a chance if it happens again ditch it and learn ur lesson. Dude don't worry about girls flaking, if it happens it happens. So don't have on ur mind shes going flake because once u stop playing games and b positive u will get flaked very rarely and u will b saying wtf i havn't been flaked for 10 years lol. The fact u called her before date is showing her u thought she will flake and once u start thinking like that what will the girl start thinking? yes i am going to flake something must b wrong if he seems to think so.

But good job dude keep up the updates.
Thanks. I didn't call her because I thought she was going to flake though - let me clarify.

Yesterday, I texted her something about an inside joke-of-sorts that we had because 1.) Something had reminded me of it, and 2.) I hadn't spoken with her in a few days, so I figured this would be good. She then texted me back and (aside from replying to the joke) said she feels awful, she's very sick, she will let me know what's up the following morning. So it was already a given we'd be talking again. It was getting a little closer to "date time" (within an hour), so I called to see how she was doing. That's when I learned she really was sick and let her know we'd be in touch soon (she said tomorrow).

With all that in mind, I don't think I implied that I thought she'd flake. The last girl I tried dating gave all sorts of "legit" excuses only to stand me up and then make some bogus apology several hours later. I guess it's just some demons from that experience...this girl I like now is a lot more trustful, so I'm less concerned.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The notion of 'escalating' TO kino is often based on the behavior of non kino friendly guys.
That is, the guys who dont touch women, or dont know how, or still feel uncomfortable and thnik its inappropriate have a difficulty here.

So the idea is to get rid of the notion that you are a non kino guy.

Be the kino guy from the start.

Its part of who you are and the way you relate to women. If you view your kino as being 'dirty' perhaps you may need to reexamine the way you touch women. Perhaps it IS a little too much, maybe too awkward, or too sexual, or too creepy. So you must learn how to calibrate. At what stage of the interaction are you in? Just HOW attracted is she? Is she attracted AND interested in you??
These are things you must be able to pick up.
Being socially aware, and socially well adjusted helps in interactions with women. And women DO pay very close attention to how you interact socially.
The more ineptitude, the more you turn her off.
Same with being awkward, embarassed, maladjusted, etc...
She wants you to be socially aware and capable.
She wants you to be able to READ Social CUES. Thus, she feels like you can PAY ATTENTION to her 'signals'. This is crucial.
And this is part of the learning, the lessons that men must go through.
And sometimes it can be awkward. But we ALL have to go through it.

But we must go through it with courage, and self assuredness. And especially non neediness, and not expecting anything other than courtesy, respect, and politeness. That way , we dont have to put so much pressure on her to GIVE us what we need. She decides to give you (which we must learn to respect) what SHE wants. And if its not what you want, you move on.
You must have the strength to move on too though.

But what you MUST do is get rid of the notion that touching a woman is weird or awkward, or inappropriate in general.
Because it is not.
Most women who really are attracted to you WANT you to touch them.

Banter is just a manner of playing with her with witty responses.

But you need to be relaxed enough to let it flow. It is hard to force Humor.
When you are monitoring your thoughts too much, and thinking what to say next you are feeling that WHO YOU ARE is INADEQUATE.
You are too in your head to just feel the fun of being together. You are looking to impress and Qualify yourself to her, while not just enjoying being with her. Just WHY are you with her? Just WHY did you want to take her out? or meet with her?
Why, to impress her? To get her to 'like you'??

This is important to realize.

Why else would you be thinking about the 'Perfect' thing to say?
Why MUST it be 'perfect'?
Shouldnt SHE be saying something perfect too?
Shouldnt SHE be participating ACTIVELY, making it worth your effort and resources to be with her?
Why wouldnt you think YOU are WORTH that much? Why are we assuming that she will just sit there and watch us while we do 'all the work'??
Why are we assuming automatically that WE must 'entertain' HER?
Why are we assuming that she is in a position to JUDGE us? So we better shape up. Right?
Why arent you good enough just as you are?

I say fvck perfection.

Even the woman who loves you to death and will do anything for you must have the intelligence to understand you are not perfect. Nor can you nor should you be expected to BE or say or Do Perfection.

What you DO need to to do is to BE YOUR BEST SELF to HER.

Be you best genuine, honest , unapologetic, confident self.

THAT is what SHE WANTS AND NEEDS from You.

And....

.....you MUST put into proper perspective HOW you will interact with a woman who is at this point an unknown entity versus your confirmed exclusive LTR partner.
There is a difference.

And women can sense this too.

Healthy women, with self respect and dignity, and high self esteem will NOT splurge their resources on some dude who hasnt been somewhat consistent in his character and decisions, and has shown her that he can provide her needs physically,emotionally, and mentally.
Again, I am talking about women who are intelligent, self respecting, high self esteem women who want healthy, well balanced relationships.
(I havent included FB situations or ONS/SNL situations for the moment)

I think its important to begin to separate the hypotheses of a lot of the PUA literature out there, and look at our Values and real world experience.

And I also think its shrewd to be protective of our resources, and know how to manage them well. And feel that we deserve healthy , loving relatonships that satisfy our needs. And if they dont, we walk. Always.

So this why the whole flowers, cards, gifts, candies, etc thng KILLS attraction. Because it is going over board at the WRONG STAGE of the relationship.
Bottom line, she isnt your partner, and she knows it.

So when we begin to place TOO much Importance on a woman, who is still basically a stranger at best, we are doing something wrong. We are performing actions, which are poorly calibrated and mismanaged.
This is crucial to our growth and success with women and dating.
So what does that mean?
It means that we are acting too needy and not seeing 'her' for what she truly is. This will put her off, and she will feel something off even if she cant relate it to you.

Finally, we MUST be more satisfied in our lives, fulfilled and filled with PASSION so that we can approach these situations with Accurate Thinking and proper Perception.
That means, she's just some chick you know. She is not 'special'. You havent had sex with her. She hasnt gone out of her way to show you just how attracted and interested she is in you.
She is not 'different'. She is not 'better'.

She is just some chick you know.

You cannot lose your vision and focus, and clarity on YOUR Life for some random woman. Your life must simply be as fulfilling as possible, so that you let go of neediness and valdiation seeking, and can just enjoy being with her. Nothing more, nothing less.
See it for what it REALLY is...

nonameok

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
The notion of 'escalating' TO kino is often based on the behavior of non kino friendly guys.
That is, the guys who dont touch women, or dont know how, or still feel uncomfortable and thnik its inappropriate have a difficulty here.

So the idea is to get rid of the notion that you are a non kino guy.

Be the kino guy from the start.

Its part of who you are and the way you relate to women. If you view your kino as being 'dirty' perhaps you may need to reexamine the way you touch women. Perhaps it IS a little too much, maybe too awkward, or too sexual, or too creepy. So you must learn how to calibrate. At what stage of the interaction are you in? Just HOW attracted is she? Is she attracted AND interested in you??
These are things you must be able to pick up.
Being socially aware, and socially well adjusted helps in interactions with women. And women DO pay very close attention to how you interact socially.
The more ineptitude, the more you turn her off.
Same with being awkward, embarassed, maladjusted, etc...
She wants you to be socially aware and capable.
She wants you to be able to READ Social CUES. Thus, she feels like you can PAY ATTENTION to her 'signals'. This is crucial.
And this is part of the learning, the lessons that men must go through.
And sometimes it can be awkward. But we ALL have to go through it.

But we must go through it with courage, and self assuredness. And especially non neediness, and not expecting anything other than courtesy, respect, and politeness. That way , we dont have to put so much pressure on her to GIVE us what we need. She decides to give you (which we must learn to respect) what SHE wants. And if its not what you want, you move on.
You must have the strength to move on too though.

But what you MUST do is get rid of the notion that touching a woman is weird or awkward, or inappropriate in general.
Because it is not.
Most women who really are attracted to you WANT you to touch them.

Banter is just a manner of playing with her with witty responses.

But you need to be relaxed enough to let it flow. It is hard to force Humor.
When you are monitoring your thoughts too much, and thinking what to say next you are feeling that WHO YOU ARE is INADEQUATE.
You are too in your head to just feel the fun of being together. You are looking to impress and Qualify yourself to her, while not just enjoying being with her. Just WHY are you with her? Just WHY did you want to take her out? or meet with her?
Why, to impress her? To get her to 'like you'??

This is important to realize.

Why else would you be thinking about the 'Perfect' thing to say?
Why MUST it be 'perfect'?
Shouldnt SHE be saying something perfect too?
Shouldnt SHE be participating ACTIVELY, making it worth your effort and resources to be with her?
Why wouldnt you think YOU are WORTH that much? Why are we assuming that she will just sit there and watch us while we do 'all the work'??
Why are we assuming automatically that WE must 'entertain' HER?
Why are we assuming that she is in a position to JUDGE us? So we better shape up. Right?
Why arent you good enough just as you are?

I say fvck perfection.

Even the woman who loves you to death and will do anything for you must have the intelligence to understand you are not perfect. Nor can you nor should you be expected to BE or say or Do Perfection.

What you DO need to to do is to BE YOUR BEST SELF to HER.

Be you best genuine, honest , unapologetic, confident self.

THAT is what SHE WANTS AND NEEDS from You.

And....

.....you MUST put into proper perspective HOW you will interact with a woman who is at this point an unknown entity versus your confirmed exclusive LTR partner.
There is a difference.

And women can sense this too.

Healthy women, with self respect and dignity, and high self esteem will NOT splurge their resources on some dude who hasnt been somewhat consistent in his character and decisions, and has shown her that he can provide her needs physically,emotionally, and mentally.
Again, I am talking about women who are intelligent, self respecting, high self esteem women who want healthy, well balanced relationships.
(I havent included FB situations or ONS/SNL situations for the moment)

I think its important to begin to separate the hypotheses of a lot of the PUA literature out there, and look at our Values and real world experience.

And I also think its shrewd to be protective of our resources, and know how to manage them well. And feel that we deserve healthy , loving relatonships that satisfy our needs. And if they dont, we walk. Always.

So this why the whole flowers, cards, gifts, candies, etc thng KILLS attraction. Because it is going over board at the WRONG STAGE of the relationship.
Bottom line, she isnt your partner, and she knows it.

So when we begin to place TOO much Importance on a woman, who is still basically a stranger at best, we are doing something wrong. We are performing actions, which are poorly calibrated and mismanaged.
This is crucial to our growth and success with women and dating.
So what does that mean?
It means that we are acting too needy and not seeing 'her' for what she truly is. This will put her off, and she will feel something off even if she cant relate it to you.

Finally, we MUST be more satisfied in our lives, fulfilled and filled with PASSION so that we can approach these situations with Accurate Thinking and proper Perception.
That means, she's just some chick you know. She is not 'special'. You havent had sex with her. She hasnt gone out of her way to show you just how attracted and interested she is in you.
She is not 'different'. She is not 'better'.

She is just some chick you know.

You cannot lose your vision and focus, and clarity on YOUR Life for some random woman. Your life must simply be as fulfilling as possible, so that you let go of neediness and valdiation seeking, and can just enjoy being with her. Nothing more, nothing less.
See it for what it REALLY is...
Awesome!