Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Xbox360 VS PS3 ; EVERYTHING u need to know

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since so many ask about it i thought il make a thread that discusses the pros and cons about both consoles....

Xbox360:

- Meant to be more then just a gaming console, they want it to be a media center ,so to speak. A single console that satisfies all your media needs , it can be your music player , your dvdplayer , your videoplayer , and your new messanger.

- Has three processors , so it can handle alot of stuff.
makes gaming more interesting ,cuz now when your facing several enemies every enemy has a small AI wich adapts "differently" to the way you play .

- Incredible graphics ofcourse =)

- The xbox360 doesnt have much media support , the hardrive is only 20 gigs , but because of the network features of the console you are ment to hook it up to your actual pc and just run the movies and videos from the pc or video recorder or your ipod.

- The older versions have some bugs to fix , and a couple of upgrades missing wich the newer versions and upcoming versions will have.

- Is more of an action console , ofcourse there will be some good rpgs but only a few of them , the original xbox didnt have more than probably three good rpgs , so if your a rpg fan, xbox360 isent the console you would want....

- The xbox 360 has only duallayer feature, and will only have discs that hold the maximum of 9 gigs.

- the actual design of the console is pretty good =)

- the older version of xbox360 has a very loud fan.

- whats cool is the live features of the console , you can talk to you frends while playing online games.

- alot of fees =/

- the best feature the console has are the cordless controls , they are just frikkin awesome =)
But they only come with the more expencive xbox360 package... and ofcourse you can buy them stand alone for the cheaper xbox360 package.

- The biggest fear for the console is overheating , when you have three processors in a small package like that u need a frikking powerful fan to keep the heat down or everything will just burn...

so all in all the xbox 360 is a great buy , but i would wait till summer so that the company can fix its small problems and bugs and maby add some new features to the console wich will make the older versions of the console seem like a little dissabled brother..... =P

heres a link where u can check out the graphics of the XBOX 360 =)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9407&pl=game&type=wmv

Last edited:

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PS3 :

- Will have blueray discs , so the disks can hold uptil 50 gigs or so PER DISC .... =)

- The PS3 will support 1080p the best high definition yet, which will allow games to be more real, more beautiful, and have more FPS (frames per second).

- has a pretty cool futuristic design.can be bought in black aswell.

- the PS3 will have alot of cool good rpg games coming so if your an hardcore rpg fan this is the console for you . =) and if your an square-enix fan then this is your console becase they usually only make games for playstaton.

- The PS3 is only ment for one thing , and that is to play games.

- The PS3 is a powerful console , it may even be more powerful then the xbox360.

- the controller design looks kinda funny .... o_O

cant really say much more cuz the console isent out yet and only a little of imformation about it has been released till now...
But im shure they will change and\or add several features wich will make the console much better.

And heres a link to a game that shows you how amazing the graphics of the PS3 will be....

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8347&type=wmv

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SO all in all both console are very powerful and great for gaming , but as i said before the xbox360 is more of an action console , meant for sports and action games while the Ps3 will probably have most of the good rpg games coming , and will have better graphics quality and ingame videos.

And usually the Playstation has alot of great games ,while the xbox only has a few good games and some great...

my recomandation is buy both =P but wait till summer before buying the xbox360 , because the current versions of the xbox360 have some irritating bugs to fix , and the huge problem of the possibility of overheating wich the company needs to fix...

hope this helps....

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The PS3 is only ment for one thing , and that is to play games.
PS2 can play DVDs and CDs. They're removing this feature with the PS3?

Do you know if either is going to be backwards compadable with previous system games?

Soupar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Morphiex

- The PS3 will support 1080p the best high definition yet, which will allow games to be more real, more beautiful, and have more FPS (frames per second).

Xbox has this too

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soupar
Xbox has this too
no the xbox360 only got to 740 or so ( the second highest ) ,while the ps3 has 1080 wich is the highest possible for now.... therfore the quality will be better on the ps3.

and yes the ps3 will possibly be able to play dvds , but not shure , it may only be able to play blueray discs , and until movies are started to be rlsd on blueray discs it may not be able to play them....

as all ps it will be able to play games from previous consoles..... as far as i know....

Soupar

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have the xbox and its set to 1080i

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually pretty excited by the Nintendo Revolution. I'll see if it looks like it'll hold up under scrutiny after E3.

As long as it has better third-party support than Gamecube and has at least competitive graphical power, then I'll probably buy it, especially since it'll be the cheapest of the three.

The cost of the PS3 can only truly be described as absolutely prohibitive. That's gonna keep me away from it until the price goes down.

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no the xbox360 only got to 740 or so ( the second highest ) ,while the ps3 has 1080 wich is the highest possible for now.... therfore the quality will be better on the ps3.

and yes the ps3 will possibly be able to play dvds , but not shure , it may only be able to play blueray discs , and until movies are started to be rlsd on blueray discs it may not be able to play them....

as all ps it will be able to play games from previous consoles..... as far as i know....
Why make this thread if you don't know anything about it? Xbox supports high definition of 720p and 1080i. PS3 also supports those, but it can also support 1080p. 1080p is better than 1080i, but it is completely worthless for PS3 to have it because there aren't even any TVs out right now that support 1080p. They use it as a marketing gimmick to make it seem better.

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by familyguyfan
Why make this thread if you don't know anything about it? Xbox supports high definition of 720p and 1080i. PS3 also supports those, but it can also support 1080p. 1080p is better than 1080i, but it is completely worthless for PS3 to have it because there aren't even any TVs out right now that support 1080p. They use it as a marketing gimmick to make it seem better.
before you start replying with making accusations on my knowlegde about this , how about you know your own knowledge ....

there are several tvs that support 1080p out right now.
and i never said that the xbox didnt have 1080i i said that it didnt have 1080p wich is the best possible right now...

and how can u be certain its just a publisity gimmick?
are you making one of these consoles yourself? until it can be disproven we will believe it as facts....

and i never implied i know every singel detail about the consoles , i just put up the cons and pros about the consoles wich would help a person understand wich is better to buy for the individual....

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by StrangeButTrue
I'm actually pretty excited by the Nintendo Revolution. I'll see if it looks like it'll hold up under scrutiny after E3.

As long as it has better third-party support than Gamecube and has at least competitive graphical power, then I'll probably buy it, especially since it'll be the cheapest of the three.

The cost of the PS3 can only truly be described as absolutely prohibitive. That's gonna keep me away from it until the price goes down.
Completely agree, the prices for both PS3 and Xbox 360 are sounding off the scale, not to mention you need a $1000 High Definition TV to play the games on them the way they were meant to be played. Game prices are also climbing, and all this online gaming fee crap adds even more to it, in the end you're spending thousands of dollars, on what's only a small upgrade.

Seriously, the graphics difference from Xbox > Xbox 360 is absolutely minimal, i'm shocked people are hyped over this thing, any 360 game could be done on the original Xbox. I'm personally annoyed that the Xbox I just bought a year ago is already irrelivant.

The Revolution! Now that's an update worth getting excited over, the only true next generation system, in my opinion. Graphics can only get so good, it's time to improve something else. With Nintendo Revolution we have a controller that detects movement in a 3D space. Of course, it will come down to how well games take advantage of it, but if anyone can deliver on that front, it's Nintendo. The DS is enough proof for me.

Another good thing about Nintendo is the prices, GameCube was half the price of the competition with the same graphics power, all because they didn't include a DVD player and they actually customised the hardware themselves unlike throwing in a few spare PC parts.

To even this thread out, i'll do a "everything u need to know" on Nintendo Revolutoin, even though most of the systems capabilities are still under wraps.

- Features a controller that detects movement on a 3d plane, endless gameplay possibilities

- Download any NES, SNES or N64 game to play on it

- Plays GameCube games

- Is small and sleek looking

- Will be at least half the price of the competition

- Supports free online play, via WiFi, like the Nintendo DS

- Graphical capabilities unknown, but Nintendo has never been left behind in that field

I can't wait til they blow the roof off this thing in May, and I hope Nintendo can evolve gaming once again and deliver a TRUE next generation experience.

Slightly better graphics is not enough to make me purchase a new game system anymore, sorry Microsoft and Sony.

Soupar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mandiblard

Seriously, the graphics difference from Xbox > Xbox 360 is absolutely minimal, i'm shocked people are hyped over this thing, any 360 game could be done on the original Xbox. I'm personally annoyed that the Xbox I just bought a year ago is already irrelivant.

Considering that the Xbox 360 just came out, you basically just said that
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/viewer.aspx?productId=1351&assetTypeId=1&shotId=1
is a minimal upgrade to http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/viewer.aspx?productId=122&assetTypeId=1&shotId=0

Sure.. maybe now the xbox has been out for 5 or so years they could make games relatively close to the graphics of Fight night round 3, but consider where we started with the original xbox compared to where we are with the xbox 360...

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
before you start replying with making accusations on my knowlegde about this , how about you know your own knowledge ....

there are several tvs that support 1080p out right now.
and i never said that the xbox didnt have 1080i i said that it didnt have 1080p wich is the best possible right now...

and how can u be certain its just a publisity gimmick?
are you making one of these consoles yourself? until it can be disproven we will believe it as facts....

and i never implied i know every singel detail about the consoles , i just put up the cons and pros about the consoles wich would help a person understand wich is better to buy for the individual....
Yeah, you did say that.

"no the xbox360 only got to 740 or so ( the second highest ) ,while the ps3 has 1080 wich is the highest possible for now"

I suppose I am being a little too technical about it, but I was basically just trying to correct that statement.

Last I read (couple months ago) there weren't any 1080p TVs out, but some were on the way, so I guess they could already be out. Still, that doesn't change the fact that it's only a few TVs that support it, and they're all rediculously expensive. This is the reason I say it is a marketing gimmick (a relatively good one too). I'm not denying that PS3 will support 1080p, I'm just saying that it is impractical and won't see much, if any, use because since so few people will have it, most developers aren't going to make any games that support it.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
XBox: Costs a crapload, won't get you laid, can play limited amount of games and media

PS: Costs a crapload, won't get you laid, can play limited amount of games and media

PC: Cheap (if you build it yourself), will get you to sites like SoSuave which will help you get laid, can play a huge amount of games and media, can be used for work

PC has yet to lose! :D

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaming has gotten to be too big of a market. There's no way i'm going to invest in any new system on the market. I've got better places to put my money. Like a sub in my celica or my mutual fund! Both things that need my monitary attention

B

Bud_Fox

XBox 360 or PlayStation3

Which is the better system? I have always played Playstation 2 and am debating going with the PS3 just for the fact I will be familiar with the controller.

What do you guys think?

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The system with more and better games in my opinion is the Xbox 360.

Though technically the PS3 as a console is superior in that its not always breaking down with a red ring of death type of problem like the 360 is and since it came out later than the 360 and apparently as a result has better hardware it may eventually have games on it with slightly better graphics if that means anything to you.

Anyway Microsoft fixes the red ring of death problem for free these days I think and has made improvements in new consoles to hopefully prevent the RROD from happening so what console you get will ultimately come down to what matters more to you...

Playing Metal Gear Solid 4 and Gran Turismo which are PS3 exclusives or do you absolutely have to own Halo 3, Halo 3 Recon, Halo Wars, Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect 2 and Fable 2 which are all Xbox 360 exclusives?

The games and amount of games that appeal to you should probably always be the highest determining factor in what console that a person gets if they don't get all of them I'd say. :yes:

Sojourn

Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:

Though technically the PS3 as a console is superior in that its not always breaking down with a red ring of death type of problem like the 360 is and since it came out later than the 360 and apparently as a result has better hardware it may eventually have games on it with slightly better graphics if that means anything to you.

Anyway Microsoft fixes the red ring of death problem for free these days I think and has made improvements in new consoles to hopefully prevent the RROD from happening so what console you get will ultimately come down to what matters more to you...

Playing Metal Gear Solid 4 and Gran Turismo which are PS3 exclusives or do you absolutely have to own Halo 3, Halo 3 Recon, Halo Wars, Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect 2 and Fable 2 which are all Xbox 360 exclusives?

The games and amount of games that appeal to you should probably always be the highest determining factor in what console that a person gets if they don't get all of them I'd say. :yes:
Its better if the OP tells us what kind of games interest him first then we could actually help him out. All those game you listed are nice but if none of them actually interest him why would he get a 360? Ohh and both the 360 and PS3 are pretty even in games this year IMO.

BTW Gears 2 this year is ridiculously overrated IMO. The online is only saved because of horde. I feel like Gears 2 is a mediocre game with one really great online mode. Sure it looks nice and plays well but the single player to me was meh and the story was better in Gears 2 but that's not saying much. Now Left for Dead I think is the best 360 game to come out this year IMO.

It's-Me

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:

There's a big difference in graphics, but game developers haven't reached the full potential of blu-ray.

XBox 360 only has more exclusive titles and games at the moment because they rushed to get the Xbox 360 out before the Playstation 3. Playstation 3 is catching up with the games now, and soon everything will be on blu-ray (because blu-ray won the war VS HD DVDs). Therefore, a new Xbox console will probably come out soon too.

There is clearly no competition between 360 and PS3.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it more then ironic that I was watching the military channel when the thought of this exact thread popped into my head. I was going to search for it before I made this post but here it is regardless, number 1 on the sosuave website. Thinking about such coincidence might drive the average human mad but i just wanted to bring it up.

I've had a PS3 in my household for over a year now. It belongs to my house mate and was bought by his brother. The main reason he got a PS3 was because it's a gaming system with a bluray dvd player in one. I like watching movies on his plasma with the the bluray. It's awesome. I have played a great deal of amazing games on the same system. For a while I thought about buying my own PS3 for my room where I could play games and watch movies on my own. It all came crashing down however when I tried the playstation network and realized how incredibly far behind sony was when it came to playing games with anyone other then yourself or the person next to you, when possible. I say when possible because a lot of the games sony scripted are one player or multiplayer only when online.

Now when I'm voicing this complaint, I'm not saying it to you as a person who prefers one brand over another, I'm saying it as some one who has owned both a PS2 and an Xbox. I have spent endless hours playing the exclusive games for both systems and that era, like this current one was and is inconclusive. For the most part you as a human being will not notice any difference in performance or visuals. It's not like how it was with Sega and Super Nintendo (not the original console war but the one where money was the main issue). They were and currently are on par as it goes for visuals. Microsoft defiantly has the edge in the last generation system in the current for multiplayer games. I like to play alone from time to time but for me personally the value of games comes from the ability to play with others as much as possible. The human element provides a greater level of intangibility for the games then can the computer. Sociality provides for commradiry and friendship so in that respect, Sony is beat. NO ONE is on the PS network and those waiting rooms are drab at best.

However the plus side for the PS3, is that I love that bluray dvd player! On the plasma The dark knight was AWESOME. I never used my old xbox, as a dvd player because they broke the f*ck down if you used it as both back in the day. Playstations don't have the that problem. Fortunately I have a nice LCD tv that has a dvd player built in, but there's no way in hell i'm buying that external HD dvd player for my xbox 360. They already have bad heat problems so why chance it with something that will likely shorten the life of the system?

Bottom line. If you're casual with your gaming but enjoy movies, cough up the extra 100 or so dollars and buy a PS3. You can still get a few games to play with your boys and watch your date films with your girlfriends in style. If you're a gamer and you like the pure aspect of video games, get a 360. It's the best console for people who like video games hands down.