Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would you use a coupon on a date?

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So all of you have probably at one time or another taken a girl out to eat whether it be Taco Bell or a fancy 5 star place.

Now let's say that in the Sunday paper you saw a coupon for a free appetizer with the purchase of 2 entrees, or $6 off of 2, or better yet, $10 off your bill totalling $30 or more. I know we get this magazine here where you have a deal that has like 10 or so places in it, and at the back it gives you a coupon for $10 off $30.

The question is though... How many of you would use anything like the above in front of a woman on a date?

Is it NEVER ok to do that cause you look cheap, or does it look like you pay attention to what is out there, and that you read, and you know how to budget and save.

Is it ok to do that after the first date or when you have been dating a while?

Thoughts? Have you used them before, and what was the ladies thought on this, or have you never done it before.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I had a friend bring a girl to the soup kitchen on a date. Its all about how you handle yourself. (He was successful in banging her and having her fall madly in love with him)

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with MacAvoy: it is all up to you. If you think you'd appear cheap, then don't take coupons with you on dates. Mind you, some girls actually would find it more attractive to have a man keep coupon for a date.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd use a coupon. Why? Because I want to. I don't care what she thinks because I have nothing to gain or prove. She will have to show me value in herself. I don't have to show value because I value myself and that's what matters most.

SilverSonnet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it really matter? Coupons are coupons dude. I dont think she'd give a fvck. You read too much into things ;)
If your that insecure, have her go to the door, while you pay and give the coupons. No biggie.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you use that 10 off 30 coupon, leave the 10 as the tip.

Always tip well; it is a sign of class. If you can't afford to pay for service, don't go to places where you are expected to tip. A lot of women have had service sector jobs and will appreciate this quality in a man. What your original question hints at is being thought of as "cheap." Coupons and penny pinching can make you look cheap, tipping well will compensate.

All of us have different amounts of money in our pockets, and it goes up and down throughout life. You have to find your own balance of living well versus obsessing about money. A lot of fairly wealthy people got that way by being cheap ass misers about everything. Rich or poor, it is about balance.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SilverSonnet said:
Does it really matter? Coupons are coupons dude. I dont think she'd give a fvck. You read too much into things ;)
If your that insecure, have her go to the door, while you pay and give the coupons. No biggie.
Not really. I've used them before, and I call myself the master of coupons. lol. When I was living in another state on my own, I saved hella money at the store. I think one time I saved 60% on my grocery bill. I was just asking what others thought. :up:

I had a girl say once... That's so awesome... you have a coupon. She chuckled a little and goes... Money saved is money saved. I'd be using one too if I had one.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's incongruent with being a class act.

In her eyes, it will appear cheap. Doesn't make for a good first impression, period. Doesn't matter that you think you're so full of value because when you pull miserly crap like that, you show that you don't really have what it takes. You only think you do. IOW, you don't walk the walk.

It's like if you showed up with food stains all over your wrinkled shirt. You can think you're great, but the vibe you're sending out is incongruent with that.

Worse yet, a story I heard from a gal where the guy has her split the check down the middle and THEN he produces a "buy one entree, get one free" coupon to pay for his half. IOW, there's only one dinner that needs payment: his. And he got her to agree to pay half of his dinner (before she knew what he was up to).

And the guy wonders why there was no second date.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on many different factors. Your income, ages of both of you (students/professionals, etc.?) the financial bracket of the woman you are dating, etc.

If you are both college students on a budget going to Taco Bell, Subway, etc. it already is cheap, so by all means, take them out, who cares.

If you are a lawyer with a good job, and ask a woman out and it is clear you are there to impress, then taking out coupons will be tacky.

It all depends on the context and where you are in life.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I have a coupon that tells me...buy one ticket to the Redskins game and get the second one free...or buy a plane ticket to ____ and get the second one free...or come to a 5-start nightclub and get one person free...you can rest assure I would use it. But I will frame things in advance.

Free appetizer? Come on...it is not like you are giving a tip for service in a Taco Bell.

If I was already having sex with the woman or I have established myself as a man that is not cheap...then I would not care.

First impressions are important. Even among friends and co-workers.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
If you use that 10 off 30 coupon, leave the 10 as the tip.

Always tip well; it is a sign of class. If you can't afford to pay for service, don't go to places where you are expected to tip. A lot of women have had service sector jobs and will appreciate this quality in a man. What your original question hints at is being thought of as "cheap." Coupons and penny pinching can make you look cheap, tipping well will compensate.

All of us have different amounts of money in our pockets, and it goes up and down throughout life. You have to find your own balance of living well versus obsessing about money. A lot of fairly wealthy people got that way by being cheap ass misers about everything. Rich or poor, it is about balance.
I totally agree with this.

It also applies if you are among friends or business partners. You will be surprise how my opinion has changed CONSIDERABLY on others that simply do not tip well. If I consider a man cheap and unfair...then I have NO trust for him (as a friend or business partner or peer).

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I seldom use coupons but only because I seldom come across coupons for the places that I go. Now if I had a coupon I'd use it and would probably make a big c/f deal about it.
"Hey, I found a coupon for all the cheddar biscuits you can eat at Red Lobster, wanna come and help me blow it?"

or at the restaurant:
"I was going to save these free appetizer coupons for a wedding gift for my best friend but this seems to be a special enough occasion so why not splurge?"

Either way, make it absurdly funny and she'll get a kick out of it. If she doesn't, you just may be with a woman who wants a guy who's primarily a provider.

Oh, and "no," I don't take dates to Red Lobster, coupons or not.:cool:

Rex Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
uhh, I assume this is a new chick if you're worried about that. Also I'll assume it's not a five-star resturant if you have coupons. I doubt it'll matter. If she has the nerve to say something, look at her and say, "would you like to take care of this?"

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rex Man said:
uhh, I assume this is a new chick if you're worried about that. Also I'll assume it's not a five-star resturant if you have coupons. I doubt it'll matter. If she has the nerve to say something, look at her and say, "would you like to take care of this?"
How old are you?

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rex Man said:
I'm your junior if that's what you mean. Why?
Are you 15, 18, 22, 25, 30, 35?

Honest question. Not critisizing or anything.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rex Man said:
No, not a chick at all. Just a mere question I thought I would ask. Now I dont take a woman on a first date and use a coupon. That's tacky.

But if I was dating a girl a long time, and I said... Hey hun, you know that dinner magazine they have? They have a coupon in there for $10 off your favorite restaurant.

She may say... WOW, I love that place, lets take advantage of that coupon.

And yes, there are coupons for 4 and 5 star places in a certain magazine where I live. You normally pay for the magazine, but sometimes you get it free.

Rex Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there are coupons for 4 and 5 star places in a certain magazine where I live
Well i stand corrected, I guess different places different stuff. Ok, if it's GIRLFRIEND who cares??? Surely if you pick a good girl with a good head on her shoulders you shouldn't have to concern yourself with something so trivial.