Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would you mind friends or strangers laughing at you?

randomshinichi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with girls.

I ask this because I'm not very sure where to set the line. Personally I feel worse when friends laugh at me, and I feel nothing when relative strangers laugh at me. But recently I did something rather embarassing in public (brought a skateboard to school without riding it very well, also I'm a bit old for what seems to be a teen oriented sport). I'm not even sure if I should be embarassed for what I did! But all my peers laughed at me, including my friends. Incredibly enough, nobody laughed at me when I was making a complete fool of myself in the park with the board. Grandparents egged me on, no doubt because they see relatively little difference between a teen and a twentysomething. The guy who sold me the board and told me how to ride/stop it said "don't give up". Even two girls stood on the balcony and tried to strike up a conversation with me, although I was a bit too self absorbed to bother extending the conversation to determine if they were laughing at me or not (wait, isn't that just an extremely unhealthy frame of mind?).

What's even more surprising was that when I talked with one friend later, he practically expected to be laughed at by his friends if he did such a thing himself. I thought friends weren't supposed to laugh at each other? Also another friend quite obviously moved one seat away from me after smelling the sweat that I worked up from trying to balance on the skateboard. I would never do that to a friend, mostly because (I expect) it would hurt a friend's feelings if I moved away from him for such a trivial reason. Maybe I'm just not used to the Western people's idea of "friendship"? Or are they all actually just bad friends?

But you cannot make people stop laughing at you. As far as I know, you can only prevent that. So I can't really see anything to be done here. What would you do?

randomshinichi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, the other forums don't look like a better fit either. Move it if you like, but I'm still expecting an answer.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like it but its one of those things that just happen considering I tend to laugh at my friends or even at strangers.

Answer this question truthfully: "If you saw a stranger or friend do something stupid like trip over a rock, drop whatever they are holding, act like an idiot, etc... (Pretty much something you think is funny) would you laugh?" If you said yes then you have your answer pretty much.

Tortendieb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was at school, if one of my friends had come on a skateboard and tried to be cool while failing horribly at that, I would have laughed too.

If then I see he's really serious about bringing his board and learning to ride I shut up and maybe even support him. If you change somthing people are going to react man. Show some persistance and they'll adapt, because their opinion can't stop you.

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont take yourself so seriously. Laugh at yourself. Who cares if people laugh at you...cant let it bother you.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you are never too old to do anything.

I showed up at my 20 year grad reunion riding a skateboard. I'm not even a hard core skater. I just didn't want to drive home drunk. People laughed at me. I laughed with them. It was awesome.

If your friends are laughing then try some stupid kick flip or some other trick that you can't really do. Play it up real good. Get some laughs and show that you don't give a sh!t about them laughing.

If you are truly having fun then who cares.

SashaPUA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro - I make people who have AA do stupid **** all the time, just to warm up.

Next time you do that - take it further. Fall right off an land on your face. MAke an arse out of yourself. LAUGH AT YourSELF!!

Say "Hey! I'm a professional! Who wants lessons?? 100 bucks an hour!"

or "That's right, i'm a superstar. Don't be jealous!!!"

HAVE FUN. ACCEPT YOU ARE A ****ING DOUCHE and ROLL WITH IT.

As soon as they see YOU'RE having fun and you're MAKING FUN of yourself, it takes their power away. they can do nothing.

you with me? good ;)

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SashaPUA said:
Bro - I make people who have AA do stupid **** all the time, just to warm up.

Next time you do that - take it further. Fall right off an land on your face. MAke an arse out of yourself. LAUGH AT YourSELF!!

Say "Hey! I'm a professional! Who wants lessons?? 100 bucks an hour!"

or "That's right, i'm a superstar. Don't be jealous!!!"

HAVE FUN. ACCEPT YOU ARE A ****ING DOUCHE and ROLL WITH IT.

As soon as they see YOU'RE having fun and you're MAKING FUN of yourself, it takes their power away. they can do nothing.

you with me? good ;)
I feel ya. I be breeding this s--- in my sleep. Playing it real. Keep hitting us up with some real jive and juice.

Jon55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys come here asking for advice on getting women or being a man and yet you can't even post to the correct sub-forum. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously if you're too lazy to even get that right?