Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would you ditch your old friends?

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gents,

In my self-improvement journey, I am encountering resistance from places I never thought of. Upon making the conscious effort to improve yourself and your life, for how many of you did it become necessary to walk away from old friends?

Verily, in this day and age, is a CONSCIOUS man a rare commodity. It really seems that the vast majority of people sleepwalk their way through life in a retarded stupor, making the same mistakes over and over again, never learning, never growing. So comfortable in that warm blanket of conformity and shared mediocrity, yet something about the CONSCIOUS man rubs them the wrong way. One of these does not look like the other ones...

The path of the self-determinate man can be a lonely one. As it should be. The greatest comfort and fellowship will always be found in the middle of a flock of sheep moving in the same direction (nowhere). I do know fellowship, but it is a fleeting feeling for me. Maybe that's the perfect medium.

Your thoughts on the people you've left behind on your journey?

Don Israel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you have a friend that you had a solid connection with, that lasted throughout life-changing events, or had freinds that you knew very well for over 20 years, you should always be ready to drop friends that don't benefit you and vice-versa.

Don't get me wrong, you can always have them on your facebook ''freinds list' , but why waste your time with people that you no longer connect with?

The word to remember is : OLD. Why? because you are a new you. So avoid anything OLD when it comes to your current circle of real friends.
There is a difference in being a friend, and being and acquaintance. I hate to say this, but who cares : categorize your so-called friends!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Who's helping you in you everyday life? Who's there to pat you on a shoulder and encourage you when you down? THOSE ARE YOUR FRIENDS

Who's gonna point out little mistakes you make jokes about it? Who's gonna ask you questions about your financial situation, when you have never even talked to them of anything on that level since your first met them? THOSE ARE YOUR ACQUAINTANCES.

You have just transformed into a butterfly and you wanna keep hanging with some fvkin caterpillar that doesn't even wanna uplift you or put any effort to building something with you ( business wise or personal-wise) in this game of life?

( I'm not saying that if your of 'higher value' you shouldn't hang with people of 'lower value' btw)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't about women, butI remember an epiphany I had a long while ago when I was in my 20s.
I had certain interests and projects I was working on that were important to me. I also found that I had drifted into this particular social circle.

One day I was sitting in this house with a bunch of guys and we were all drinking beer. Nothing else, just sitting around drinking. And it suddenly struck me, what the heck am I doing? I could be off doing something important to me, something constructive, but instead I'm just sitting around here getting drunk. Which is about all those guys ever did. So I quietly left and went and did something I really wanted to do, to improve myself. And I quickly faded out of that social circle.

Now these weren't really close friends, my very best friends, because I still stay close to them. But if the people you're hanging with are holding you back, absolutely, cut them loose and do what you need to do. You don't have to be rude to them or treat them bad, just do what you want to do.

JDA70

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
your title is "Would you ditch your old friends?"

I used to be a drug addict so all my friends were druggies.
When I quite I ditched all them eventually.
Now I am loner who doesn't drink, do drugs or smoke.
Honestly... I miss hanging out but I don't miss the bull sh1t.

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recall seeing on here, someone said, "I had a teacher who told me that if you have two or three REAL friends in your entire lifetime, you're lucky."

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting I was gonna make this topic myself
I've noticed two of my best friends we have drifted apart
One went to college, got arrogant now he makes a bit of money and thinks he owns the world.
The other was in a relationship which took almost two years of his life, he is busy with school so his focused changed, but he is out of the relationship now.

I look at the social circle I'm in and even people i consider friends are nothing but mere acquaintances. There is one guy who I thought was a friend but truth is he is just a good acquaintance, every time we talk he wants me to "go in" with him on a limo or something crazy money wise which I have no interest in.

Honestly it's rough meeting new people who are genuine and sincere

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My *minor* problem in the arena of friends is not lack of genuine and sincere people, it is lack of people with a genuine and sincere WINNERS' mentality. As the Laws of Power state, moods and thoughts are infectious. I just don't know anybody in my age group who thinks like I do. Nobody has any faith anymore, they spin their wheels crying and complaining about what they cannot do.

And I just won't be around that anymore.