Would you date somebody from a lower social class?

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like a ghetto person or trailer park?

I'd rather drink horse urine than do so. :woo: :woo:

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Classifying people by status is a double edged sword. Perceiving some people as "lower class" can give your ego a sense of superiority, but it will also force you to see others as "higher class" than you, giving you a sense of inferiority.

Its better to see all as equal value to you in order to avoid such identity conflicts.

I don't let a person's economic or social status affect how I perceive them, so yes, I would date a person of "lower status".

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grew up in a high rise housing project so a "ghetto person" or a "trailer park" would be a step up I guess.

I have dated a woman who grew up in a shantytown in South Africa so yes I guess.

"Lower class" is a state of mind and a state of income. I wouldn't date the state of mind but I would date the state of income.

Does the OP not get out much?

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
Classifying people by status is a double edged sword. Perceiving some people as "lower class" can give your ego a sense of superiority, but it will also force you to see others as "higher class" than you, giving you a sense of inferiority.

Its better to see all as equal value to you in order to avoid such identity conflicts.

I don't let a person's economic or social status affect how I perceive them, so yes, I would date a person of "lower status".
What if one is of the higher social brackets?

I don't really see all people of equal value.

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:

What if one is of the higher social brackets?

I don't really see all people of equal value.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not do it on purpose, but for some reason, I always date rich girls.
- my ex (5 days ago) was also one of them, having multimillion parents - but the rich kids always have daddy issues/mental problems - except if they look like crap (experience).

I am from a lower social, the reason being that my parents doctorates isn't accepted in the country we immigrated to.

I very much enjoy dating richer girls, since their parents give great advice on how to be successful in life (in terms of economics).

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Foolish. How many people from the ghetto worked their way to be doctors or lawyers? How many people from the trailer park are famous actors or musicians now ?

How many people were born into wealth and became drug addicts, even murderers?

Your mind is a ghetto/trailer park..

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cola said:
Foolish. How many people from the ghetto worked their way to be doctors or lawyers? How many people from the trailer park are famous actors or musicians now ?

How many people were born into wealth and became drug addicts, even murderers?

Your mind is a ghetto/trailer park..
Very few, of any of your descriptions.

Most ghetto people stay ghetto, and frankly (in my own subjective standpoint) aren't worthy of dating.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as long as the both of us have a lot in common, then sure why not? I grew up in one of the rougher parts of town, but I'm still getting an education. My family life and upbringing is definitely a lot different than the family life of most college kids, but hey! I'm still a polite guy and a gentleman.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
coochieman said:
Good person, with good values..... Good. Wherever and whenever.

Way to go Coochieman - thats all its about. My last SO was a Lords daughter - the biggest manipulating gutter rat you could ever meet. So called "upper class with rich folks, the best private education, but with morals and attitude which were absolutely screwed.

OP pay attention to social equality in the respect of an individuals morals. I have been guilty of racism in the past; labelling blacks as all bad.

But I tell you something, I once met a hot black girl and kinda nexted her, due to thinking about the future, how it looks "bad" or low class or whatever. But after my experiences of going with the upper echelon "master race", I'd give anything to turn the clock back to her sweet poon.

Dont think stereotypes, think the person

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
European-DJ said:
my ex (5 days ago) was also one of them, having multimillion parents - but the rich kids always have daddy issues/mental problems - except if they look like crap (experience)
That's your sense of resentment speaking and nothing more.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your girl is a reflection of you!

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I've been a millionaire and bankrupt and somewhere in between.

Don't judge people based on their money, but their drive and character.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man as commodity.

Rich buy and throw away commodities with no regard to consequences.

Poor make do with what they can afford.

You be the judge.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no problem to date a girl coming from lower social classes as long as she has a honest backround and is good as individual, people who faced problems in their life are better at problem solving and recognize efforts of others and those are two features who lack in most of modern girls.

Anyway Im a man as you so we all know that what have the biggest impact is attractiveness...girls give priority to status.