Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would you commit suicide if you were a multi-millionaire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimple

Banned
Reaction score
Chris Cornell died yesterday and I just learned that he hung himself. He was worth about $60M. And of course Kurt Cobain shot himself. He was worth $150M at the time, and now his estate is worth $450M.

We've all heard it claimed that money can't by happiness, and Jim Carrey is famous for saying, "I wish everybody could be rich and famous so they would know that it's not the answer," but money certainly can pay for the resources and education sometimes required to overcome most if perhaps not all of our personal problems, which could then lead to happiness.

I've thought of killing myself at some point, though it's been a long time ago, and I suspect it's casually crossed the minds of a large chunk of the population at one time or another in low periods of life where the future looks like a dead end.

So I'm wondering what you think...

If you've ever been depressed or suicidal, do you think an abundance of money would or could have solved that problem? Would it have allowed you to buy things or services which would empower you to remove the cause of those feelings, not just compensate for them?

Also, what do you think was the reason Cobain and Cornell committed suicide? Despite the money and what it can buy, did they still have a feeling of powerlessness over some part of their lives? After all, isn't that what causes depression, feeling powerless to control some aspect of one's reality?

Last edited:

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Money, fame, women are all irrelevant when you're dealing with clinical depression. It's an illness and for a-lot of people who have it, they can't see a way out other than killing themselves. I'd like to think my answer to your question is "NO", but again if you actually have that disease and have to deal with it on the day to day, there's no way to know what you'd do.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well i remember reading that there is a financial sweet spot for happiness and it isn't being rich, it's being comfortable. Why? I'm not too sure.. I guess it has something to do with that people who acquire huge wealth usually have some neurosis/ insecurity they are trying to make up for.

Gimple

Banned
Reaction score
Money, fame, women are all irrelevant when you're dealing with clinical depression. It's an illness and for a-lot of people who have it, they can't see a way out other than killing themselves. I'd like to think my answer to your question is "NO", but again if you actually have that disease and have to deal with it on the day to day, there's no way to know what you'd do.
I don't know too much about clinical depression, but certainly money could pay for treatment or help, couldn't it?

Well i remember reading that there is a financial sweet spot for happiness and it isn't being rich, it's being comfortable.
I've heard that sweet spot is $80k a year. Anything beyond that apparently doesn't add to one's happiness.

Why? I'm not too sure.. I guess it has something to do with that people who acquire huge wealth usually have some neurosis/ insecurity they are trying to make up for.
I don't think that was the case in Cobain's case, as he didn't want to be rich. But perhaps it is in others.

Being rich or poor does not exclude you from having other problems.
Care to give me some more examples of such problems?

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My spidey sense, along with what has been reported, is telling me that this was really Auto erotic asphyxiation.

My FB friends disagree, and I could be wrong, but he wasn't found "hanging". I also wonder if they wood ever report "blah blah blah,b with a belt around his neck and his pants at his ankles" that seems like an occasion of privacy. Plus, them idiots would go try it, die, and relatives would sure the estate.

Just wondering.....

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My spidey sense, along with what has been reported, is telling me that this was really Auto erotic asphyxiation.
I think that too but then I feel really horrible for doing that.

Anyway depression is a disease and a condition that cannot be helped by a simple fix of money or companionship. It needs therapy be it medicinal or talk. Or both. I really wish Chris Cornell had taken that path instead and anyone else in his predicament understands the same thing about their condition.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was suicidal for a short time. Now the thought of dying seems more refreshing than living in this phukd up world. I've always asked myself.."would money make me happier"? My is answer is....absolutely not! Yes, it would make life easier and buy some material things that will bring temporary happiness. Deep down in my core, Id still be in the same mental state with a millions in my account. Even if I did have a ton of money, I'd have more pleasure helping others than I would to myself.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was suicidal for a short time. Now the thought of dying seems more refreshing than living in this phukd up world. I've always asked myself.."would money make me happier"? My is answer is....absolutely not! Yes, it would make life easier and buy some material things that will bring temporary happiness. Deep down in my core, Id still be in the same mental state with a millions in my account. Even if I did have a ton of money, I'd have more pleasure helping others than I would to myself.
I'm sorry to hear that dude. I've been there too. For me, I've found family, friends, a purpose, therapy, and fishing gets me to a better place. I hope you can find your better place. Helping others is a great start by the way!

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are still that fvcked up please get some help. Before you do anything drastic, please call these people:

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Call 1-800-273-8255
Available 24 hours everyday

You really are not alone.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that dude. I've been there too. For me, I've found family, friends, a purpose, therapy, and fishing gets me to a better place. I hope you can find your better place. Helping others is a great start by the way!
I've tried everything with no luck. I've never been in happy in my entire life. Recently went on a 2 week vacation to FL, went fishing there, hangout with friends a lot, kayaking trips, therapy, nothing helps.

I get somewhat happy in the moment, but I'm quickly unhappy and depressed after wards. That 2 year relationship with a HPD really kicked my a$$. Ever since she moved, I learned more about myself and life than I have in 15 years. I realized how broken I am. More so the shame in myself for allowing her to get away with so much and I kept going back over and over. How stupid I and desperate I looked in her eyes.

if you are still that fvcked up please get some help. Before you do anything drastic, please call these people:

You really are not alone.
Thank you! I'm in a constant state of wanting to die, but not suicidal. With all the severe panic/anxiety attacks which almost lead to hospital visits, I'd drop dead from a heart attack or stroke before I'd kill myself.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried everything with no luck. I've never been in happy in my entire life. Recently went on a 2 week vacation to FL, went fishing there, hangout with friends a lot, kayaking trips, therapy, nothing helps.

I get somewhat happy in the moment, but I'm quickly unhappy and depressed after wards. That 2 year relationship with a HPD really kicked my a$$. Ever since she moved, I learned more about myself and life than I have in 15 years. I realized how broken I am. More so the shame in myself for allowing her to get away with so much and I kept going back over and over. How stupid I and desperate I looked in her eyes.

Thank you! I'm in a constant state of wanting to die, but not suicidal. With all the severe panic/anxiety attacks which almost lead to hospital visits, I'd drop dead from a heart attack or stroke before I'd kill myself.
Do something for me, go get all your hormones checked? You would be amazed at how hormone imbalance can cause mood swings, anxiety, etc. Are you eating WELL and getting regular exercise?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
View this video here before you commit suicide. No, it's not some touchy, feely, "everything will be okay" type of BULLSHYT that other people like to promote. The reality is, this life is all a game....a crooked and corrupt game....the vast majority of people are not MEANT to win.

- Our system is setup to where at least 98% of people in the WORLD (not just including the US, but the world) have to be poor so that they can be used to support the profits and lifestyles of the few at the top globally and in the US. Did you know that earning just $30,000 in the US, makes you earn more than 150% of people globally?

- Our education system is fvcked up, it's designed to support the lazy fvckers who just want to teach out of date/stale bullshyt, without actually producing anything.

- The vast majority of information you hear about how to succeed (including the Law of Attraction bullshyt) is a scam to pay off the Gurus, Speakers, and Prosperity Gospel Speakers who make up the $11 Billion Dollar Self-Help industry.

So hey, bro, if you want to die....watch the video below first! My boy Aaron Clarey recommends that you at least FVCK some shyt up first before you die. That means go take out a big a.ss loan and not pay it back. Go fvck some bytch raw and change your number. Go fvck some shyt up first....go out with a BANG.

And fvck listening to some touchy feely "it will be okay" bullshyt, for most of you guys it WON'T be okay. That's why I tell many of you guys not to take this life seriously.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do something for me, go get all your hormones checked? You would be amazed at how hormone imbalance can cause mood swings, anxiety, etc. Are you eating WELL and getting regular exercise?
My issues stem deep. I've had these problems since I was a kid. In short, I suffer from a handful of mental disorders, OCD and severe BDD to name a couple. I was in the best shape of my life before dating my ex HPD. While with her I gained 50lbs and became borderline diabetic like her (type 2). Caught an STI from her which has made it almost impossible for me to move on. I blame myself for taking her abuse for long. I'm left in the worst possible shape. Scheduled in the coming months to get a full health exam, as its been over 10 years since my last. I'll make sure hormone check is on the list. I do know that chit can cause all sorts of problems.

View this video here before you commit suicide.

So hey, bro, if you want to die....watch the video below first! My boy Aaron Clarey recommends that you at least FVCK some shyt up first before you die. That means go take out a big a.ss loan and not pay it back. Go fvck some bytch raw and change your number. Go fvck some shyt up first....go out with a BANG.
What kind of phucked up post is this? Its like you are encouraging people to commit suicide, but here is a check list of things to do before you do it:confused:

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
What kind of phucked up post is this? Its like you are encouraging people to commit suicide, but here is a check list of things to do before you do it:confused:
Right! What did you want me to say?

- Did you want me to coddle you and say everything will work out ok?
- Did you want me to coddle you and tell you to just think more positive?
- Did you want me to coddle you and tell you that you can be anything you set your mind to?

No. I'm not saying any of that bullshyt. If you want to commit suicide then do it. Maybe you have good reason to do it. If I was destined to remain in a trailor park for the rest of my life, I would want to die as well.

All I'm saying is that if you are going down that route, FVCK some shyt up first. Like Clarey said in the video, in the process of fvcking shyt up, you might change your mind about wanting to die.

We are all going to die eventually anyway, there's no need to rush it.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

And fvck listening to some touchy feely "it will be okay" bullshyt, for most of you guys it WON'T be okay. That's why I tell many of you guys not to take this life seriously.
This is sh!t advice and reckless. Tenacity is a miserable person as evidenced by his posts on here and wants company. Stovepipe I'm glad you recognize this.

See a professional and see what they have to say. Therapy works for a lot of people. Maybe you're one of them. Both of you. I hope so.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
This is sh!t advice and reckless.
All you guys do is repeat the same cut-and-paste bullshyt everytime a guy gets up here and talks about suicide. 95% of the time when a guy gets up here talking about suicide, it's just bullshyt depression talk. Guys who are really going to commit suicide don't announce it. This is a FACT. Plus the LAST thing this guy would be doing is debating with "Tenacity" on Sosuave over a "negative post". If he's fvcking suicidal, it wouldn't matter.

Life is hard and to get attention and symphony, a lot of these guys will threaten suicide to get the knee jerk reaction from you guys. Fvck that.

Life is hard and life is a game, either play the game to win or continue to feel sorry for yourself. I'm not coddling anybody.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
No it's not. Some do some don't.

You don't have to coddle them but you could shut the fvck up and not make it about you.
Oh dude please....let's just go through some of the shyt the guy was saying, shall we?

I've tried everything with no luck. I've never been in happy in my entire life.
Then.........

My issues stem deep. I've had these problems since I was a kid. In short, I suffer from a handful of mental disorders, OCD and severe BDD to name a couple. I was in the best shape of my life before dating my ex HPD. While with her I gained 50lbs and became borderline diabetic like her (type 2). Caught an STI from her which has made it almost impossible for me to move on. I blame myself for taking her abuse for long. I'm left in the worst possible shape. Scheduled in the coming months to get a full health exam, as its been over 10 years since my last.
So the guy said he has clinical mental disorders, OCD, BDD, he's diabetic, and has an STD.....but it's been 10 fvckin years since he's been in front of a doctor? With ALL of that going on?

Either he's lying and just looking for attention.....or he's a dumb a.ss because with a diagnosis of all of these conditions, he is required to have scheduled follow-ups on an on-going basis, but he hasn't been to a doctor in 10 years?

Yeah, you keep coddling these grown a.ss men.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is sh!t advice and reckless. Tenacity is a miserable person as evidenced by his posts on here and wants company. Stovepipe I'm glad you recognize this..
The dude is such a moron he can't even read that I said "I was suicidal for a short time" (past tense). Yet he wants to twist ones words and encourage it. Don't feed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.