Would this work?

mrbojangs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just walk up to random girls and say "I couldn't help but notice <something about her> and i'd feel like a fool if I didn't come over here and get your number."

As of now even if there's EC I have trouble approaching. I figure something set in stone to say\break the ice\set my intentions would help.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Will it work? Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

It will work if you're trying to get over your approach anxiety.

It won't work if you're trying to actually get numbers.

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, anything COULD work. But this sounds like something that looks cool in a chick flick movie, but doesn't work in real life. Mainly because something like this doesn't build any rapport or connection. It's just "Hey I think you're attractive. If you think I'm attractive, give me your number." It does nothing to show your personality.

If you have the balls to walk over to a women and say that, then you have the balls to walk over and say "Hey I'm mrbojangs. What's your name? I really like your shirt /this music/...blah blah blah."

Then at the end of your 5-minute conversation, you say "Yeah, so you know I really came over for your number." Which is funny. Or you say, "Hey, I gotta run. But I want to call you some time." Which is less funny, but more friendly/sincere.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Study your own language. Using words like "fool" is anti-seductive. Use only seductive words in your language.

Bad language:

I'd hate it if I could never see you again.

Good language:

I'd love it if I could see you again.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Mantis Toboggan said:
Hey, anything COULD work. But this sounds like something that looks cool in a chick flick movie, but doesn't work in real life. Mainly because something like this doesn't build any rapport or connection. It's just "Hey I think you're attractive. If you think I'm attractive, give me your number." It does nothing to show your personality.

If you have the balls to walk over to a women and say that, then you have the balls to walk over and say "Hey I'm mrbojangs. What's your name? I really like your shirt /this music/...blah blah blah."

Then at the end of your 5-minute conversation, you say "Yeah, so you know I really came over for your number." Which is funny. Or you say, "Hey, I gotta run. But I want to call you some time." Which is less funny, but more friendly/sincere.
Agreed. I NEVER understood this PUA idea of a 30-second number close. Why do you have to ask for the number so fast? Give the girl at LEAST a few minutes to get to know you before you put her on the spot and ask for a number. She needs to know SOMETHING about you or she will not answer your calls or texts when you try to reach her.

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Agreed. I NEVER understood this PUA idea of a 30-second number close. Why do you have to ask for the number so fast? Give the girl at LEAST a few minutes to get to know you before you put her on the spot and ask for a number. She needs to know SOMETHING about you or she will not answer your calls or texts when you try to reach her.
I agree with this. Why go up to a girl and ask for her number immediately so you can talk to her later on the phone, when you can talk to her RIGHT THERE in person for a bit.

Just go up and talk to her like a normal person, crack a joke, tease her, tell her a short story. Then look at her like you just realized she might be worth getting to know better and ask for it. I like to do something like this.

You: You're fun. We should hang out some time.
Her: yeah!
You: I'll call you.
Her: Um, you don't have my number"
*smile and hand her your phone*

See what's going on there? Didn't even ask for it.
That puts in you in less of a chasing position. She passed your test and seems like a cool person so you get her number and give her a chance to be swept away by you, if she plays it right. You weren't trying to get her number. You just decided you wanted it.