Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would this be coming on too strong?

dohta

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I met this girl at work who went to the same public school as me (about 10 years ago) and I want to set up a date with her. If I said the following to her, would I be coming on too strong or showing my interest too much and too early? I've only seen her about 3-4 shifts but we both remember each other from our public school.

Me: You ever had a relationship with someone you've known for a long time?
Her: *She answers Yes or No
Me: You ever had a relationship with someone younger than you?
Me: You ever had a relationship with a coworker?
Me: Wanna give it a shot?

note: yes she's one year older than me but I don't mind that at all.

dohta

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 20 and she's probably 21.

If she answers yes to my questions I'd have some conversation material to talk about. If she says no then I'll follow up with "Want to give it a shot?"

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some advice; read the djbible.
Some other advice; read the djbible.

Too strong is an understatement.

First of all, you are a man. You don't need to bring up relationships. If she likes you, she will; believe me.

Second of all, being a drone is going to have her calling another guy to pick her up from such a boring date. Women like fun, drama, laughing, sex, and shopping.
You asking her about her relationships is the last thing she wants to talk about.

Third of all, this conversation is going to be extremely awkward.

Fourth and lastly, this conversation will 100% ruin any chances of you even having the chance to touch her.

All jokes aside buddy, you should always be confident about yourself. But you need to realize how women work. Do some reading and get some experience.

Don't cancel the date. Change your mindset to have a fun, easygoing date. If you don't succeed, then you gain knowledge from your mistakes. If you don't attempt, you gain nothing.

Best of luck

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
WC2 said:
Some advice; read the djbible.
Some other advice; read the djbible.

Too strong is an understatement.

First of all, you are a man. You don't need to bring up relationships. If she likes you, she will; believe me.

Second of all, being a drone is going to have her calling another guy to pick her up from such a boring date. Women like fun, drama, laughing, sex, and shopping.
You asking her about her relationships is the last thing she wants to talk about.

Third of all, this conversation is going to be extremely awkward.

Fourth and lastly, this conversation will 100% ruin any chances of you even having the chance to touch her.

All jokes aside buddy, you should always be confident about yourself. But you need to realize how women work. Do some reading and get some experience.

Don't cancel the date. Change your mindset to have a fun, easygoing date. If you don't succeed, then you gain knowledge from your mistakes. If you don't attempt, you gain nothing.

Best of luck
yeah, come to think of it, why don't you just ask her out normally

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Horrible idea man, unless you are 14 and this could be your first girlfriend. (And as you've said you're 20).

Here's something to consider... you see 2 pies. One accidently had salt added instead of sugar, the other is a delicious apple pie. How do you find out which is delicious and which is garbage?

Jumping into a relationship without sampling her personality, character and how she is in bed, is like looking at the two pies and eating them both really fast... adn then you get terrible pains in your stomach, and you get sick, and could potentially die.

Lol, don't say anythign like that. Here's what you say.... 'Hey, I'm going on break at (such time) and getting a coffee accross the street, you can come along!'
(Assuming of course you're in a part time job situation.

Find out if she's a delicious apple pie... or if she's a rotten piece of watermelon before you pay for it!

Lol that was fun to write.

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dohta said:
So I met this girl at work who went to the same public school as me (about 10 years ago) and I want to set up a date with her. If I said the following to her, would I be coming on too strong or showing my interest too much and too early? I've only seen her about 3-4 shifts but we both remember each other from our public school.

note: yes she's one year older than me but I don't mind that at all.
bro your questions are gonna freak her out.

hahaha seriously read over them.

Kings_royalty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm&Style said:
bro your questions are gonna freak her out.

hahaha seriously read over them.
And they will probably bore her to death as well. You need to turn up the IL in her bro, get her excited, and turn her on. There is nothing fun or interesting about your questions.

dohta

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking that if she said no to all three questions then giving it a shot might be a change for her.

Sesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Like what other Guys have Said..

Just Keep it Casual n Fun Man.. n Make everything as Subtle as you can if ur gonna Hint.. something so if it Backfires you can Joke About it.. then Start Again hehe :)

N remember Keep Good Eye Contact @ all times.. to show ur Confidence n don't do Anything too Dramatic that will Freak/push her away

-CSR

Gravyboat

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know how in movies, when something bad is about to happen, they show a guy yelling "Noooooo!" in slow-motion?

That's the general reaction we're having over here.

It's dangerous to bring up the word "relationship" PERIOD, let alone before you've even flirted with her.

Decide where you'd like to take her, and before you ask, open with something light and humorous. The fact you haven't seen each other since you were kids has a lot of built-in humor. "Hey, what are you doing next Thursday night? I thought we could split a six-pack of Capri Sun while we study our times tables."

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're qualifying yourself! You should be doing the total opposite of this qualifying the girl

dohta

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea, thanks guys

this site seems to really suggest a coffee date as the first date, how true is that?

Cod3r

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously you guys get worst everyday

-Cod3r

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dohta said:
god damn u interrogating her or somethin?

Cod3r

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously you guys get worst everyday
Somethings on this site just blow my mind bro... don't mind me

-Cod3r